Stop.

Trigg said:
I don't understant why some people have a problem with larger families. Heck, I get strange looks sometimes and I only have four.

If people can afford lots of kids without assistance then I say go for it. It's not a population issue since many women are deciding to only have 1 or none at all.
We only had one and I'm sure thousands of others did as well..someone has to make that deficet up.

If the woman was a great mathematician, artist, biologist, engineer, inventor, philosopher, mutant with cool powers, etc., I'd be all for her reproducing as much as possible. But she's not. She's just a backwoods Arkansas mountain woman. Please STOP! :dance:

The ClayTaurus said:
Because having 16 children is socially irresponsible. I'm not saying she should be forced to stop, just that I think she should. I like having the wide-open spaces we have left, and I have a serious problem with this whole Ann Coulter style of thinking that God said "Go forth, be fruitful, multiply, and rape the planet -- it's yours." Human's aren't endangered, there's no reason to pop kids out like it's the apocalypse.

Who are you to tell this woman she shouldn't have as many kids as she wants? Who are you to say what is socially irresponsible when your lot puts embezzelers away for 10+ years, but child molesters and rapists for less than 5? Are you the Reproduction Police? Why does YOUR opinion matter more? She and her husband are doing nothing against the law, they are upstanding citizens, their kids are very well behaved, and they do not need government assistance. If they can afford this lifestyle, then who are you to tell them that you think they shouldn't just because YOU think so? I am wondering if it is because they are a very religous couple, that you have a problem with this...

If this woman wants to go through being pregnant more, than so be it. I commend her for going through this more than a few times-most women just could not handle it. I am guessing I will stop at 2, because I am not really wanting to go through all the 1st trimester misery again. I might change my mind later. My grandma on my dad's side was the oldest of 10 kids.

However, I have always said that if I won the lottery, I would have additions built on to the house, and adopt as many kids as I have room for, and when they were old enough to move out, adopt more. This woman is just doing the same thing, but they are genetically hers.

More power to this woman for doing what she loves-raising children to be good, decent people. Why is that so bad?

Hagbard Celine said:
If the woman was a great mathematician, artist, biologist, engineer, inventor, philosopher, mutant with cool powers, etc., I'd be all for her reproducing as much as possible. But she's not. She's just a backwoods Arkansas mountain woman. Please STOP!

Once could have said much the same thing about Beethoven's mother, and what a shame that would have been. So long as they are not a drain on society I cannot see how their actions harm others.

Once could have said much the same thing about Beethoven's mother, and what a shame that would have been. So long as they are not a drain on society I cannot see how their actions harm others.
Maybe she's trying to build a giant, hillbilly army that will descend from the mountains and overtake our civilization! Aaagghhhh!!!!:eek:

Hagbard Celine said:
Maybe she's trying to build a giant, hillbilly army that will descend from the mountains and overtake our civilization! Aaagghhhh!!!!:eek:

Okay. What are you defining as hillbilly? The man can clearly afford what he has created. A 7000 sq ft house with 16 kids and not even on a little bit of welfare? They seem to be doing better than most people in the US, the kids are not abused, they are getting an education. They are certainly not back-woods yokels from the Ozarks, the man is a former Senator.

Why are you attempting to get into this woman's uterus and tell her how many children she should have according to your own sensibility and judgement?

The ClayTaurus said:
Because having 16 children is socially irresponsible. I'm not saying she should be forced to stop, just that I think she should. I like having the wide-open spaces we have left, and I have a serious problem with this whole Ann Coulter style of thinking that God said "Go forth, be fruitful, multiply, and rape the planet -- it's yours." Human's aren't endangered, there's no reason to pop kids out like it's the apocalypse.

Here is where you and I part roads. If they can support 16 or 17 kids on their own, go for it. This is America, where people are allowed to live their lives freely.

Hagbard Celine said:
If the woman was a great mathematician, artist, biologist, engineer, inventor, philosopher, mutant with cool powers, etc., I'd be all for her reproducing as much as possible. But she's not. She's just a backwoods Arkansas mountain woman. Please STOP! :dance:

So you would sterilize or abort the less competent, who of course you would judge. Interesting the thinking....

So you would sterilize or abort the less competent, who of course you would judge. Interesting the thinking....
No way you guys!:D I never said she should be sterilized. I'm just saying 16 kids are a lot of kids. Most people would stop after three or four. Hell, even four's a lot. You guys don't have a sense of humor. Afterall, I did say "Please" stop.:laugh:

Do you guys not make fun of people from other states? Is that just a Georgia thing?

Hagbard Celine said:
...Do you guys not make fun of people from other states? Is that just a Georgia thing?

I might have when I was 12.

I don't think Clay was saying that she should be forced to stop having babies. He is perturbed by the resources that would be consumed if many if us did this, and I think he has a point. But thankfully, very few of us are crazy enough to be perpetually preggers.

As for the argument that the family does not take handouts, so it's all good; that may be true now, but what if God forbid, Dad becomes disabled? I don't think Mom ever worked, and it seems unlilely that they would be able to stay off the dole. If mom dies or is disabled, Dad would need a lot of paid help so he could continue to go to work. Just some thoughts...

I have the impression that every one of these children is a blessing to their parents, and that is what ultimately counts.

As for the argument that the family does not take handouts, so it's all good; that may be true now, but what if God forbid, Dad becomes disabled? I don't think Mom ever worked, and it seems unlilely that they would be able to stay off the dole. If mom dies or is disabled, Dad would need a lot of paid help so he could continue to go to work. Just some thoughts...
Good point. These people are taking a pretty big risk by having a family this size.
preggers..
:laugh:

Well the way i see it, we need more white people to comabt the overpopulation of Hispanics and blacks. Go for it woman.

Yeah, I know what you mean right? Pretty soon all those "brownies" will be chanting "send whitey back to Europe!" :eek:

I know you're not old enough yet to really grasp that fact yet, with luck someday you will be. And you'll mature too.:eek:
"The older I grow the more I distrust the familiar doctrine that age brings wisdom." -American Writer/Philosopher H.L. Mencken :dance:

The ClayTaurus said:

There's just so much wrong with this statement. A typical liberal knee jerk reaction. Ann Coulter is right. The earth will survive a mother having 16 children. And who are you to make a judgement on people CHOOSING to have many children? Are we in China? Or are you against CHOICE? :eek:

One woman out of millions who has some extra kids she can support. Big deal. How about the millions of welfare moms who pop babies all the time? I'd say that is more "socially irresponsible". And if you're really worried about your wide open spaces - then I'd focus more on those millions entering illegally ever year - and not on an occasional American citizen who happens to have a few extra.

And btw, just how many more "J" names are there? :confused:

Forum List

Back