Stop Coddling The Super Rich

Why do you worship the rich? If you had any initiative you would create your own opportunities and not rely on someone else to create a job for you.

Worship the rich? Not hardly, but I damn sure don't condemn them.

Fact is I consider myself rather wealthy, I co-own two business as well as work full time as a consultant for a large industrial construction company earning a 6 figure salary.

I don't condemn them either. Asking millionaires to pay taxes more in line with what they traditionally have before the Bush era tax cuts is hardly condemning them. Your worship of them is not flattering.

If the government were efficient at spending by any stretch of the imagination, then I would be for tax increases. (of course they wouldn't need them then) But they aren't and the people you want to transfer this money to using tax increases are just as corrupt if not more so than any "rich" person they take it from ... so what is the benefit of tax increases?

Why do you worship the rich? If you had any initiative you would create your own opportunities and not rely on someone else to create a job for you.

Fact is I consider myself rather wealthy, I co-own two business as well as work full time as a consultant for a large industrial construction company earning a 6 figure salary.

I don't condemn them either. Asking millionaires to pay taxes more in line with what they traditionally have before the Bush era tax cuts is hardly condemning them. Your worship of them is not flattering.

To pay more when they are paying the most already?

Instead of taxing them more why don't you encourage Obma to STOP SPENDING!!

Unlike you saying I worship the rich, I didn't say YOU condemned them.

But hey, you beleive whatever the fuck your liberal idieology tells you to believe and stay stuck on stupid your entire life. If the day comes and there are no more rich people to kick around and we are all poor fucks, maybe then you'll get it.

But hey, you beleive whatever the fuck your liberal idieology tells you to believe and stay stuck on stupid your entire life. If the day comes and there are no more rich people to kick around and we are all poor fucks, maybe then you'll get it.

I want Obama to stop spending. I've said it multiple times. But I also want the very rich to stop getting the ridiculous breaks they are getting. They pay more then most because they own more the most. The top 1% own 35% of the wealth. The top 20% own 85% of the total wealth. That leaves 15% of the total wealth that is owned by 80% of the people. If that isn't a widening economic gap, I don't know what is.

I want Obama to stop spending. I've said it multiple times. But I also want the very rich to stop getting the ridiculous breaks they are getting. They pay more then most because they own more the most. The top 1% own 35% of the wealth. The top 20% own 85% of the total wealth. That leaves 15% of the total wealth that is owned by 80% of the people. If that isn't a widening economic gap, I don't know what is.

Oh, for God's sake, let's cut to the chase here, Kids! The fact is...if we took ALL of the money that the top 10% make it wouldn't come close to paying for the unfunded entitlements that we are on the hook for. Let me repeat that a little louder for you progressives. IF WE TOOK ALL OF THE MONEY THAT THE TOP 10% MAKE IT WOULDN'T PAY THE TAB FOR ALL THE UNFUNDED ENTITLEMENTS WE NOW HAVE ON THE BOOKS!!! This talk about getting the rich to "pay their share"? It's all bullshit. It's a diversion. It's a sleight of hand trick whose sole purpose is to get you to not pay attention to where the real problem is.

Are you people on the Left really this obtuse? Or have you decided that if you ignore the problem long enough it will magically go away?

Oh, for God's sake, let's cut to the chase here, Kids! The fact is...if we took ALL of the money that the top 10% make it wouldn't come close to paying for the unfunded entitlements that we are on the hook for. Let me repeat that a little louder for you progressives. IF WE TOOK ALL OF THE MONEY THAT THE TOP 10% MAKE IT WOULDN'T PAY THE TAB FOR ALL THE UNFUNDED ENTITLEMENTS WE NOW HAVE ON THE BOOKS!!! This talk about getting the rich to "pay their share"? It's all bullshit. It's a diversion. It's a sleight of hand trick whose sole purpose is to get you to not pay attention to where the real problem is.

Are you people on the Left really this obtuse? Or have you decided that if you ignore the problem long enough it will magically go away?

Point me to where anyone suggested that tax increases alone are the solution to our problems. Nice job at inventing an argument that no one has made.

Why do you worship the rich? Are you afraid they will take your job away?

Point me to where anyone suggested that tax increases alone are the solution to our problems. Nice job at inventing an argument that no one has made.

Why do you have such a jealous envy of the rich?

Two can play this game.

Last time I noticed the one who gets coddled to the highest degree is Obama.
The tax rate aren't the problem. Its the tax codes. Thank The politicians and the lobbyist who own them.
All of this is corruption no matter which side we're on.

Blues

Even with all the tax breaks they are still footing most of the bill.

And you want them to pay even more.

according to the T-Pubs, they aren't "obscenely rich", they're "job-creators" :doubt: :lol:

You can give the rich all the tax breaks in the world, but guess what, they won't create any jobs if there's no demand for the product created through those jobs. The best way to create jobs is to increase demand, ie. get the middle class spending again. Not through an artificially inflated minimum wage, but through a strong american dollar.

What is the tax rate on goods shipped into America from China?
Why are so many US Corporations in China now? Do they pay Taxes in the USA?
Isn't Bill Clinton the culprit?

Blues

Buffett can pay as much as he wants to the government. Why does he have to be forced?

Living in a society means people working together to achieve a common goal, not individual efforts. Strange concept for you I'm sure.

So forcing the rich to pay MORE than their fair is people working together?

The wealthiest 1 percent of the population earn 19 per*cent of the income but pay 37 percent of the income tax.

The top 5 percent earns 33 percent and pays 57 percent of the income tax.

The top 10 percent earns 44 percent and pays 68 pecent...... Top 25 percent earns 66 and pays 85 percent of the income tax.

The bottom 50 percent earns 13 percent and pays 3 percent in income tax.

Somehow those numbers don't reflect society "working together" but more like the bottom half feeding off the top half.

And you idiot liberals wants the top to pay even more. And you wonder why they operate overseas outside our tax code.

The top 10% earns 45% of all income, but they only pay 21.5% of all federal taxes. Those are the facts. The super wealthy are undertaxed. And you idiot conservatives want to cut their taxes even more. :cuckoo:

What is the tax rate on goods shipped into America from China?
Why are so many US Corporations in China now? Do they pay Taxes in the USA?
Isn't Bill Clinton the culprit?

Blues

Good questions.

1) not enough
2) no
3) possibly

So if you KNOW that tax increases aren't the solution to our deficit problem then why aren't you here SCREAMING that something be done right now about reforming entitlements? I'm not inventing an argument. I'm pointing out that you are wasting your time fixated on tax increases, something that DOESN'T solve the problem. So let's cut the nonsense and fix entitlements! If we don't then they project out to be 300% of our GDP in another 20 years. Can you even conceive of that?

Just for your edification? Even Christina Romer...the idiot academic from Berkeley and former White House economic adviser who did such a bang up job with the Obama Stimulus understands that tax increases right now would be a terrible idea. She said so in an interview on CNN yesterday. Now I wouldn't let Romer manage my kid's piggy bank let alone our economy but even SHE understands that soaking the so called rich with taxes at this moment in time is idiotic.

But people like you are still here calling for the rich to "pay their fair share" while you ignore run a way entitlement costs? You need to take a step back and really LOOK at what you're doing.

Once we give the top 20% the remaining 15% of America's wealth, then they'll start creating some jobs for us peons.

Living in a society means people working together to achieve a common goal, not individual efforts. Strange concept for you I'm sure.

The wealthiest 1 percent of the population earn 19 per*cent of the income but pay 37 percent of the income tax.

The top 10 percent earns 44 percent and pays 68 pecent...... Top 25 percent earns 66 and pays 85 percent of the income tax.

Somehow those numbers don't reflect society "working together" but more like the bottom half feeding off the top half.

And you idiot liberals wants the top to pay even more. And you wonder why they operate overseas outside our tax code.

The top 10% earns 45% of all income, but they only pay 21.5% of all federal taxes. Those are the facts. The super wealthy are undertaxed. And you idiot conservatives want to cut their taxes even more. :cuckoo:

Guess%20Who%20Really%20Pays%20the%20Taxes.jpg

Who Really Pays the Taxes

how many billions do you own?

I'm not a billionaire, yet. But I'm working on it.

Buffett can pay as much as he wants to the government. Why does he have to be forced?

Doesn't consumer spending drive the economy? Isn't economic activity defined as the exchange of goods and services for capital? Aren't that loathed bottom 50% much more capable of participating in spending than that coddled top 55 by shear strength of numbers alone?

And the Liberals are idiots. Not when these bon mots of common sense are applied!

Forum List

Back