Stop Coddling The Super Rich

Don't call them obscenely wealthy :mad: They're, according to the T/Repub playbook, job-creators. No matter that real wages haven't gone up in going on 40 yrs :)

My real wages are much higher than they were 40 years ago.

Sorry you're not more successful. :lol::lol:

I don't condemn them either. Asking millionaires to pay taxes more in line with what they traditionally have before the Bush era tax cuts is hardly condemning them. Your worship of them is not flattering.

To pay more when they are paying the most already?

Instead of taxing them more why don't you encourage Obma to STOP SPENDING!!

Unlike you saying I worship the rich, I didn't say YOU condemned them.

But hey, you beleive whatever the fuck your liberal idieology tells you to believe and stay stuck on stupid your entire life. If the day comes and there are no more rich people to kick around and we are all poor fucks, maybe then you'll get it.

I want Obama to stop spending. I've said it multiple times. But I also want the very rich to stop getting the ridiculous breaks they are getting. They pay more then most because they own more the most. The top 1% own 35% of the wealth. The top 20% own 85% of the total wealth. That leaves 15% of the total wealth that is owned by 80% of the people. If that isn't a widening economic gap, I don't know what is.

It's true, people with more education tend to make more money than people with less education.

It's true that people who work harder make more money than those who don't work very hard (or at all).

Living in a society means people working together to achieve a common goal, not individual efforts. Strange concept for you I'm sure.

So forcing the rich to pay MORE than their fair is people working together?

The wealthiest 1 percent of the population earn 19 per*cent of the income but pay 37 percent of the income tax.

The top 5 percent earns 33 percent and pays 57 percent of the income tax.

The top 10 percent earns 44 percent and pays 68 pecent...... Top 25 percent earns 66 and pays 85 percent of the income tax.

The bottom 50 percent earns 13 percent and pays 3 percent in income tax.

Somehow those numbers don't reflect society "working together" but more like the bottom half feeding off the top half.

And you idiot liberals wants the top to pay even more. And you wonder why they operate overseas outside our tax code.

The top 10% earns 45% of all income, but they only pay 21.5% of all federal taxes. Those are the facts. The super wealthy are undertaxed. And you idiot conservatives want to cut their taxes even more. :cuckoo:

Link?

But hey, you beleive whatever the fuck your liberal idieology tells you to believe and stay stuck on stupid your entire life. If the day comes and there are no more rich people to kick around and we are all poor fucks, maybe then you'll get it.

I want Obama to stop spending. I've said it multiple times. But I also want the very rich to stop getting the ridiculous breaks they are getting. They pay more then most because they own more the most. The top 1% own 35% of the wealth. The top 20% own 85% of the total wealth. That leaves 15% of the total wealth that is owned by 80% of the people. If that isn't a widening economic gap, I don't know what is.

Even with all the tax breaks they are still footing most of the bill.

And you want them to pay even more.

They own all the wealth. Why do you hate the middle class?

Living in a society means people working together to achieve a common goal, not individual efforts. Strange concept for you I'm sure.

The wealthiest 1 percent of the population earn 19 per*cent of the income but pay 37 percent of the income tax.

The top 10 percent earns 44 percent and pays 68 pecent...... Top 25 percent earns 66 and pays 85 percent of the income tax.

Somehow those numbers don't reflect society "working together" but more like the bottom half feeding off the top half.

And you idiot liberals wants the top to pay even more. And you wonder why they operate overseas outside our tax code.
Doesn't consumer spending drive the economy? Isn't economic activity defined as the exchange of goods and services for capital? Aren't that loathed bottom 50% much more capable of participating in spending than that coddled top 55 by shear strength of numbers alone?

And the Liberals are idiots. Not when these bon mots of common sense are applied!

I was unaware the bottom 50 percent were loathed.

The fact is without jobs, the ecomomic growth is stunted.

You cannot spend your way out of this mess, you first have to make the current tax rates permanent, take capital gains tax to zero, reduce corporate taxes, close corporate loopholes, cut federal spending, reform medicare/medicaid and social security.

I'm assuming you think along the lines of Nancy Pelosi when she said that unemployment benefits stimulate the economy.

confiscate all of their money and this will only be enough funds to run the country for 90 days. It is time to quit spending

It's true, people with more education tend to make more money than people with less education.

It's true that people who work harder make more money than those who don't work very hard (or at all).

So the single mother who works 3 jobs and is barely making ends meet isn't working very hard, right?

Did you want to make points based in reality or the made up world you think we live in?

how many billions do you own?

I'm not a billionaire, yet. But I'm working on it.

arent we all, but you admit you dont play at Warrens level so most likely you dont follow the same social circles. therefore Warren might have a better grasp on the situation.

No I didn't admit any such thing.

Warren talks a good game, but he doesn't practice what he preaches. He can give the government as much money he wishes, but does he? No.

Warren keeps his taxes low by donating appreciated Berkshire Hathaway stock (which costs him pennies on the dollar) to charity, and receives a tax deduction at the appreciated price without having to pay a capital gains tax on the appreciation. The money then sits in his own charitable organization. He’s saving income taxes with the ordinary deduction so it’s essentially a tax shelter. He builds up net worth and doesn’t have to sell stock while deferring capital gains. When he does take a capital gain, it’s at a 15% rate, and he lives in a low-tax state.

When did I say I hated the middle class?

Oh that's right, I didn't.

Doesn't consumer spending drive the economy? Isn't economic activity defined as the exchange of goods and services for capital? Aren't that loathed bottom 50% much more capable of participating in spending than that coddled top 55 by shear strength of numbers alone?

And the Liberals are idiots. Not when these bon mots of common sense are applied!

I was unaware the bottom 50 percent were loathed.

The fact is without jobs, the ecomomic growth is stunted.

You cannot spend your way out of this mess, you first have to make the current tax rates permanent, take capital gains tax to zero, reduce corporate taxes, close corporate loopholes, cut federal spending, reform medicare/medicaid and social security.

I'm assuming you think along the lines of Nancy Pelosi when she said that unemployment benefits stimulate the economy.
Demand drives job creation, not taxes. If some entity wanted to buy 50,000 cubic yards of concrete from you to pave a highway, you'd better have the work force ready to produce 50,000 cubic yards of concrete. Then, your workers will spend their pay at grocers, hardware stores, clothing shops, ice cream parlors and on and on. Those grocers, hardware stores and ice cream parlors will need workers to fill those demands. And thus the economy grows.

Cutting spending so the poorest in society suffer to balance the special tax breaks only the richest enjoy is not only cruel but a failed policy. The richest don't spend the way the majority of consumers can spend. The richest shelter in ways the poorest cannot afford to.

Kill the greedy kulaks, eh comrade?

So the single mother who works 3 jobs and is barely making ends meet isn't working very hard, right?

Did you want to make points based in reality or the made up world you think we live in?

You'll show me where I said that, right?

Or are you living in a different reality?

I'm sorry, I was under the assumption that you were implying that the rich automatically worked harder than the poor. That the poor and middle class only need to work harder to be rich. If that's not what you were implying I take back my statement.

I'm sorry, I was under the assumption that you were implying that the rich automatically worked harder than the poor. That the poor and middle class only need to work harder to be rich. If that's not what you were implying I take back my statement.

The single mother working 3 jobs tends to make more than someone who works none.

Someone with a college degree tends to make more than someone who dropped out of high school.

An executive who works 70 hours a week tends to make more than an hourly employee working 35 hours a week.

When did I say I hated the middle class?

Oh that's right, I didn't.

Your viewpoints suggest that you do. You seem more concerned about protecting millionaires than the middle class.

You are mistaken.

The fact that the wealthy foot more of the bills while Washington pisses it away and that directly affects the middle class. You want the middle calls to flourish? Then vote in those that will do the things I suggested. Taxing the rich even more isn't the solution.

Spending and investing creates and supports jobs. Do you realize if you soak the rich to try to fix the governments fiscal woes that it would stop or severely restrict spending and investing? And do you not realize that rich and large corporations are moblie and can legally move their base of operations elsewhere? The reason so many industries have already fled is because they're taxed and regulated to death. And you're solution is to tax them more.

Why do you worship the rich? If you had any initiative you would create your own opportunities and not rely on someone else to create a job for you.

Worship the rich? Not hardly, but I damn sure don't condemn them.

Fact is I consider myself rather wealthy, I co-own two business as well as work full time as a consultant for a large industrial construction company earning a 6 figure salary.

I don't condemn them either. Asking millionaires to pay taxes more in line with what they traditionally have before the Bush era tax cuts is hardly condemning them. Your worship of them is not flattering.

The rich paid more after the Bush tax cuts.
RIch%20Pay%20More%20Under%20Bush%20Tax%20Cut.jpg

Worship the rich? Not hardly, but I damn sure don't condemn them.

Fact is I consider myself rather wealthy, I co-own two business as well as work full time as a consultant for a large industrial construction company earning a 6 figure salary.

If the government were efficient at spending by any stretch of the imagination, then I would be for tax increases. (of course they wouldn't need them then) But they aren't and the people you want to transfer this money to using tax increases are just as corrupt if not more so than any "rich" person they take it from ... so what is the benefit of tax increases?
Paying for Democrat vote-buying schemes, of course.

The contemporary concept of "fair share" taxation is a deceptively subjective notion which has been floated by the super-rich and appeals to the Libertarian mentality, which consists of some good ideas but ultimately flies off the deep end and is detached from socialized reality.

The Libertarians would be happy with a ten percent "flat tax," an arrangement which means a breadwinner who earns a million dollars would pay a $100,000 income tax, leaving a luxurious $900,000, while the one who earns $15,000 would pay $1,500, thus forcing him below the poverty line. The inevitable consequence of that formula would be the kind of neo-aristocracy which presently is taking form in America and must be curtailed to ensure the survival of our democracy.

Thus the progressive tax rate which enabled the growth of the middle class and facilitated the most prosperous period in our history. The formula of the progressive tax rate is based not only on a percentage of what one earns but how much one can reasonably afford to pay.

That's one way of looking at it.

But a more substantive analysis of the situation is this: The United States has afforded some of its more resourceful citizens an opportunity to accumulate an exceptional amount of wealth by exploiting the Nation's material, political and human resources. So the progressive tax rate is actually a way of the United States recovering a fair percentage of that wealth for its operating expenses.

"Fair" in this usage does not and should not mean uniform. It means practical, realistic, patriotic and necessary.

They operate outside our tax code because they have managed to have the regulations that once prevented such legal manipulation altered or eliminated. This kind of financial maneuvering is in fact damaging to the Nation's economy and is manifestly disloyal!

Or do you disagree?

Forum List

Back