Stimulus money still working

If they are to be credited for people getting degrees and becoming good little proles, then they get the blame when people who take grants to go to college become criminals.

Your sophistry cuts both ways, Skippy.

Yea, except that makes no fucking sense whatsoever
Only because you're a proud pom-pom waver for the moocher class.

no, just having a brain and all.

assistance with getting an education logically would lead to an education.
not sure what assistance with getting an education would have to do with lead-up to a crime. that's just retarded.

Yea, except that makes no fucking sense whatsoever

not sure what assistance with getting an education would have to do with lead-up to a crime. that's just retarded.

Not really... considering one can get a grant to spend half one's life studying such notable topics as "Muppet Magic: Jim Henson’s Art" at U.C. Santa Cruz.

That my friend, is not an education.

Not really... considering one can get a grant to spend half one's life studying such notable topics as "Muppet Magic: Jim Henson’s Art" at U.C. Santa Cruz.

yes and I'm sure 99.99% of college students are doing just that, in your angry old brain. :lol:

STIMULUS MONEY STILL WORKING

I am still seeing the stimulus money at work on streets being repaired and other government money working renovating HUD low income housings. Replacing high energy consumption appliances with energy saving appliances and shower heads and facets with water saving units. Less water force in coming out of my facets thus saving consumption of water. Contractor is even getting more for the government’s money by using cheap labor. Still there was waste in using cheap labor because much of the work had to be redone and some of the workers were obviously illegal aliens because they did not speak English. Plus sub contractors brought cheap labor from out of state instead of using Nevada legal workers. Cheap labor turned out to be not so cheap labor for the contractor who had to get the job right at his expense.

The point is that stimulus money is still putting people to work.

lmao.jpg

I don't doubt that some of the Stumilus finding is working for some folks.

My complaint is that it isn't working for enough working folks to be making enough of a difference to this economy.

STIMULUS MONEY STILL WORKING

I am still seeing the stimulus money at work on streets being repaired and other government money working renovating HUD low income housings. Replacing high energy consumption appliances with energy saving appliances and shower heads and facets with water saving units. Less water force in coming out of my facets thus saving consumption of water. Contractor is even getting more for the government’s money by using cheap labor. Still there was waste in using cheap labor because much of the work had to be redone and some of the workers were obviously illegal aliens because they did not speak English. Plus sub contractors brought cheap labor from out of state instead of using Nevada legal workers. Cheap labor turned out to be not so cheap labor for the contractor who had to get the job right at his expense.

This is a debt crisis! Increasing the debt by spending money will not fix anything. This economy is about to collapse and you think the stimulus has worked? Perhaps you haven't noticed the bloodbath on wall street. Just because you have benefited from the stimulus doesn't mean it has worked for the rest of us. Devaluing our currency and increasing our debt is not the answer.

Well isn't that wonderful. Hey, here's a question, how will you be paying the $131,519 you owe? You know, your portion of the $14.7 trillion debt? These jobs you so love come from debt...debt the you'll have to pay back, unless of course you're suggesting the debt should be some else's problem...but what kind of ignorant fuck would be so crass? Certainly not you. So, how will you be paying, cash or check?

Better check what you owe now because that number increases every day:
U.S. National Debt Clock : Real Time

yes and I'm sure 99.99% of college students are doing just that, in your angry old brain. :lol:

How can a "brain" be angry... angry's an emotion. As I pointed out, education assistance does not logically lead to an education.

Well isn't that wonderful. Hey, here's a question, how will you be paying the $131,519 you owe? You know, your portion of the $14.7 trillion debt? These jobs you so love come from debt...debt the you'll have to pay back, unless of course you're suggesting the debt should be some else's problem...but what kind of ignorant fuck would be so crass? Certainly not you. So, how will you be paying, cash or check?

Better check what you owe now because that number increases every day:
U.S. National Debt Clock : Real Time

She sees it as Obammie does, they will rely on the rich to pay their fair share, so that the entitlement class wont be on the hook to pay for what they have given to them. We just cannot hold the bulk of freebee recipients accountable to the tax payer now can we?

Over 2,000,000,000 jobs lost in the last 3 years, but it still putting people back to work.

Man hanging from cliff, clinging to tree roots that are about to come loose: "Help!"

Man at top of cliff: "Hang on, I'll throw you a rope!"

Man grabs the rope just as the tree root comes loose. He drops about another ten feet and stops, hanging from the rope.

"I'm further down than when I started! Your rope didn't do a damn thing!"

Over 2,000,000,000 jobs lost in the last 3 years, but it still putting people back to work.

Man hanging from cliff, clinging to tree roots that are about to come loose: "Help!"

Man at top of cliff: "Hang on, I'll throw you a rope!"

Man grabs the rope just as the tree root comes loose. He drops about another ten feet and stops, hanging from the rope.

"I'm further down than when I started! Your rope didn't do a damn thing!"
Man hawking at a roadside stand in Alabama: ELEPHANT REPELLENT!..GET YOUR ELEPHANT REPELLENT RIGHT HERE!

Woman walks up and tells the man: "There aren't any elephants in Alabama to repel."

Man replies: "See how great it works?"

Man hawking at a roadside stand in Alabama: ELEPHANT REPELLENT!..GET YOUR ELEPHANT REPELLENT RIGHT HERE!

Woman walks up and tells the man: "There aren't any elephants in Alabama to repel."

The difference between my analogy and yours is that mine works for what I'm trying to describe and yours does not. You think we have no elephants, i.e. there's no depression here? Really?

The point of course is that only a bonehead who has no idea how an economy functions would look at before and after and draw conclusions just from that. It's a fact that the economy did better while the stimulus money was being spent than before or after. That it's still not in good shape only means that there are other factors in play besides the stimulus, and also that the stimulus wasn't big enough, which of course Obama was told before he submitted the plan to Congress.

The man hanging from the rope is further down the cliff than he was before, but not as far down as he would be if the rope hadn't been thrown. Exactly the same is true about the stimulus.

can someone tell me where all the money went and where all jobs are that were not union payback jobs.

The difference between my analogy and yours is that mine works for what I'm trying to describe and yours does not. You think we have no elephants, i.e. there's no depression here? Really?

The point of course is that only a bonehead who has no idea how an economy functions would look at before and after and draw conclusions just from that. It's a fact that the economy did better while the stimulus money was being spent than before or after. That it's still not in good shape only means that there are other factors in play besides the stimulus, and also that the stimulus wasn't big enough, which of course Obama was told before he submitted the plan to Congress.

The man hanging from the rope is further down the cliff than he was before, but not as far down as he would be if the rope hadn't been thrown. Exactly the same is true about the stimulus.
Your entire line of "reasoning" (for lack of a better description) for claiming the succubus "worked" is classic post hoc ergo propter hoc, along with being completely unfalsifiable.

Print up and spend $1 trillion and things somehow get better, you claim victory...If things don't get better, claim that you didn't do enough soon enough...Of course, we can't undo anything and test the results, so the gullible get sucked in by the neo-Keynesian elephant repellent hawkers.

Last edited:
We do seem to have a lot of boneheads here, don't we? All right, here is some remedial economics for all of you.

When someone is hired, that person gets a paycheck. As a result, that person then has money to spend.

That person will then go out and spend the money. As he does, he will help businesses he buys from to expand, or at least to stay in business. As a result, those businesses will not lay off people they otherwise would have, or maybe even hire new people they otherwise wouldn't have.

And so the fact that someone was hired also benefits those that were not hired, to find jobs later on, or to keep jobs that would otherwise be threatened.

Which is how the stimulus spending benefited people other than "union payback" recipients.

We do seem to have a lot of boneheads here, don't we? All right, here is some remedial economics for all of you.

When someone is hired, that person gets a paycheck. As a result, that person then has money to spend.

That person will then go out and spend the money. As he does, he will help businesses he buys from to expand, or at least to stay in business. As a result, those businesses will not lay off people they otherwise would have, or maybe even hire new people they otherwise wouldn't have.

And so the fact that someone was hired also benefits those that were not hired, to find jobs later on, or to keep jobs that would otherwise be threatened.

Which is how the stimulus spending benefited people other than "union payback" recipients.

Gotta love those visible beneficiaries and invisible casualties.

The Broken Window Fallacy

Last edited:

Forum List

Back