Stimulation by Government

Kevin_Kennedy

Defend Liberty
Aug 27, 2008
The great failing of the Obama administration is that it is packed with people who show no apparent knowledge of the essential truths of liberal theory. That theory — which is the core of the American political contribution to, and the driving force of, modernity itself — is that freedom is the foundation of and the reason for social and economic flourishing. All evidence suggests they know nothing of this.

Obamites hold the opposite view, the one advanced by the pharaohs and emperors of old, all the way through the Talibans and Hugo Chavezes of our own time. It is the view that nothing is beyond the competence of the state and its great leader. Particularly in economic affairs, these people have a wildly inflated view of what the nation's chief executive can accomplish through sheer will.

Stimulation by Government - Llewellyn H. Rockwell, Jr. - Mises Institute

The great failing of the Obama administration is that it is packed with people who show no apparent knowledge of the essential truths of liberal theory. That theory — which is the core of the American political contribution to, and the driving force of, modernity itself — is that freedom is the foundation of and the reason for social and economic flourishing. All evidence suggests they know nothing of this.

Obamites hold the opposite view, the one advanced by the pharaohs and emperors of old, all the way through the Talibans and Hugo Chavezes of our own time. It is the view that nothing is beyond the competence of the state and its great leader. Particularly in economic affairs, these people have a wildly inflated view of what the nation's chief executive can accomplish through sheer will.
It's really a shame that this guy is unable to make a point without lying and misrepresentation.

It's really a shame that this guy is unable to make a point without lying and misrepresentation.

Did you read the entire article? The speed with which you replied leads me to believe that you didn't. At any rate, what exactly is he lying about?

This: It is the view that nothing is beyond the competence of the state and its great leader.

I didn't bother reading further.

This: It is the view that nothing is beyond the competence of the state and its great leader.

I didn't bother reading further.

I'm still failing to see the lie, and if you're unwilling to read the article then it's your own loss.

So in other words, Rav was scared off by something that challenged her view.

Cognitive dissonance? I mean come on Rav, it's a Mises link. You already know you're going to disagree with it. Why open it and read two paragraphs only to run away from it?

Pauli, the opinion piece began with a lie. What is the point in reading any further in all seriousness.

If they don't feel that the government is the cure to all of our ills then why did they just waste $787 billion?

Calling something a lie is pretty absolute. It's obvious that Obama supporters believe in whatever he does. He's on his way to 2 trillion dollars of spending in a little over a month in office. As unprecedented as that is, it's got no basis for being "believed in". There's nothing to compare it to.

His mantra of "hope" is what sustains his support, because you all HOPED he would have the answers.

The wealthy are going to get taxed for it, on the HOPE that it works. Some family making $250,001 is going to have an extra burden becuase you all HOPE what Obama is doing will work.

That's just sad, and I'm not even wealthy. That's not America Rav, sorry.

Forum List

Back