Stigmatizing The Enemy Within

Discussion in 'USMB Breaking News' started by Martin Eden Mercury, Apr 2, 2016.

1. Martin Eden Mercury

Martin Eden Mercury VIP Member Op-ed Contributor

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +426
    [​IMG]
    Stigmatizing The Enemy Within
    or
    Castigating Stigmatization Sans Cogitation

I posses a healthy *contempt for those fellow citizens, and their allies from outside our shores, who would turn us against each other. They would do this first by stigmatizing a minority group in America, for the actions of a few; and follow up with later condemning those of us who would not follow lockstep into tearing our republic apart. History tells us what happens when we allow a faction to divide us along lines so hateful and loathsome -- the only way through it is a revolution, or a civil war.

It is time to start castigating those who would dare stigmatize Muslim Americans, and do so without any sort of deep thinking, or contemplation (cogitation); as to how their bigotry and hatred, their fear and loathing of others -- would hurt us as a nation. Those who ceaselessly attempt to stigmatize other Americans, simply because of their religious beliefs, ethnic origin, or nationality are the enemy within; the enemy within. Two quotes from Edmund Burke -- "All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent." and "In a democracy, the majority of the citizens is capable of exercising the most cruel oppressions upon the minority." -- sum it up for me.

One week ago, President Obama responded to the attacks in Belgium, by the DAESH/Islamic State. President Obama said Muslim-Americans are “our most important partners in the nation’s fight against those who would wage violent jihad...That’s why we have to reject any attempt to stigmatize Muslim-Americans, and their enormous contributions to our country and our way of life...Such attempts are contrary to our character, to our values, and to our history as a nation built around the idea of religious freedom. It’s also counterproductive...It plays right into the hands of terrorists who want to turn us against one another — who need a reason to recruit more people to their hateful cause.” That terrible terrorist attack killed something like 32 people, including I believe, two Americans; but it also wounded around 300 people -- many of those critically. I applaud President Obama as a profile in courage.

*Contempt is not a thing to be despised.

to be continued

Martin Eden "Mem" Mercury

an invite for you to e-mail me at usmbmem@lookout.com

*attribute to Edmund Burke

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2016
  2. Martin Eden Mercury

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +426
    A Profile in Courage refers to people who show great courage under enormous pressure from their neighbors, their friends, their families; from their parties, or from their constituents.

3. JakeStarkey

JakeStarkey Diamond Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +44,424
    The jihadist war cannot be won without the full participation and commitment of Muslim state allies. Simple fact.

4. CrusaderFrank

CrusaderFrank Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +49,559
    I thought this was going to be about Obama calling Republicans "the enemy" and his Administration naming veterans as "right wing extremists"

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. JakeStarkey

JakeStarkey Diamond Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +44,424
    I am a veteran, I am not a far right reactionary extremist, and we have to work together as Americans to make things right. John Kasich is the very best remedy for our national illnesses from the far right and the far left.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. CrusaderFrank

CrusaderFrank Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +49,559
    Jake, according to the Obama Administration your Veteran status makes you a potential "right wing extremist" Now, we both know your real story and can laugh at this, but that doesn't take away from Obama trying to divide us, even labeling Republicans, "the enemy"

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. TheOldSchool

TheOldSchool Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    last stop for sanity before reaching the south
    Ratings:
    +37,437
    I thought your post was going to be about... oh nvm it was a butthurt, off-topic post. Carry on.

8. MisterBeale

MisterBeale Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,199
    Operation Gladio/B
    Operation Gladio/B - Wikispooks

This video came out back in January. Those following Gladio B information knew the possibilty Gladio B would hit Belgium seemed likely. See minute 13:00.

If you want to know the whole history of Gladio B, James Corbett and Sibel Edmonds did a whole series back in 2013, four one hour conversations.

Only the first half of this video is worth watching unless you are interested in an analysis of independent media and the establishment.

The point is, do you really know who the enemy is?

9. Martin Eden Mercury

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +426
    Why do you lie so?

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. Martin Eden Mercury

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +426
    The Jihadist war? Which one? I know there is one group in the mideast who is claiming to set up a caliphate. They don't appear to be succeeding very well. Not like the Taliban did in Afghanistan. I doubt very much that Islam is of one mind on things. Especially since an overwhelming amount of jihadist killings have been aimed at other Muslims.