Stevens Arms and tool Crackshot #26 Boy's Rifle

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
I picked this old Stevens Crack Shot 26 up today. They were not serialed but this one was made between 1913 and 1916 according to the type of Stevens roll-mark it has....They changed the name in 1916.

It's chambered in .22 LR....Not really made for the hi-velocity ammo of today but more for the standard velocity rounds like CCI Standard.

16" barrel with a rudimentary rear sight and a brass blade front sight....Fair bore....Not bad for a 106 year old rough use rifle.

cs 001 (2).JPG

cs 003 (2).JPG

It had more than a few "warts" like a missing trigger spring and a worn roller that prevented the falling block's lever from staying-up. It was dirty as hell. I cleaned it up, fixed the roller, and ordered a new trigger spring. The stock was in very nice shape, just dirty, and it cleaned-up fine.

They usually sell for around $200.00 with the Stevens Arms and Tool examples bringing a slight premium. With the part I ordered I have about $70.00 in it.

While meant for boys there were very popular with farmers for pest control and for trappers that wanted something light (3.5#) and handy for use on the trap-line. I have another (made in the 20s) that my dad carried when trapping.

A highly inefficient toy when compared to the JR-15 for toddlers and up to 6 or 8 year olds.

Forum List

Back