My S&W Collection

Ringel05

Diamond Member
Aug 5, 2009
Duke City
They may be Chinese made but they are well made, I have never had a problem with any of them. The upper right one is my "pocket" knife.......

S&W Knives.jpg

I have several dozen along with throwing knives, The throwing knives are great for working in the garden.

They may be Chinese made but they are well made, I have never had a problem with any of them. The upper right one is my "pocket" knife.......

View attachment 830435
That top right looks like an excellent choice for a pocket knife. I think I prefer my K-bar to the thowing/fighting utility knife on the left. I have never found much use for the style on bottom, but that probably means, I just don't know what to do with it, or what it would help me do.

That top right looks like an excellent choice for a pocket knife. I think I prefer my K-bar to the thowing/fighting utility knife on the left. I have never found much use for the style on bottom, but that probably means, I just don't know what to do with it, or what it would help me do.
No fish to scale or filet?

Mine is a model 29, V22 and Four M&Ps(shit wow ok didn't realize). Latest is a 4in M&P with 6MOA red dot and 4lb apex trigger I use for my carry.

Karambit (on the bottom) are pure fighting knives and they excel in that role but they are primarily used to disarm and disable. Doesn't mean they're not efficient killers if that's what is needed.

Karambit (on the bottom) are pure fighting knives and they excel in that role but they are primarily used to disarm and disable. Doesn't mean they're not efficient killers if that's what is needed.
I figured. I just prefer the two types above, both for casual carry and back country utility. I really ought to switch to something like that top folder for casual carry, as it is stronger and more utilitian than ant little 3 blade case pocket knife, I pulled out of my pocket to consider, when I say your post. You usually seem to have good taste, with a mind to practicality of purpose in your selection. I don't collect for collecting sake, though many, such as you two, probably do, but strength, utility, familiarity are important in all tools, and I do believe in keeping decent tools, as you never know when you might need the one for whatever purpose.

I figured. I just prefer the two types above, both for casual carry and back country utility. I really ought to switch to something like that top folder for casual carry, as it is stronger and more utilitian than ant little 3 blade case pocket knife, I pulled out of my pocket to consider, when I say your post. You usually seem to have good taste, with a mind to practicality of purpose in your selection. I don't collect for collecting sake, though many, such as you two, probably do, but strength, utility, familiarity are important in all tools, and I do believe in keeping decent tools, as you never know when you might need the one for whatever purpose.
Well you could go with a Hawk G&G for $1600.................. :omg:
I'm not the one who named these knives but mine folder is called "Extreme Ops", it has a tanto blade. They have a whole slew of different folders and assist opening types.

Well you could go with a Hawk G&G for $1600.................. :omg:
I'm not the one who named these knives but mine folder is called "Extreme Ops", it has a tanto blade. They have a whole slew of different folders and assist opening types.
Nah, way to price for utility. Smith & Wesson SWFR2S 8in in the $20 something dollar range better fit for me. Better than the 3 blade whittling case that stays in my pocket now, more of an old man's pocket knife, just out of habit, more than anything else. I haven't whittled since quit being a scout leader, many years ago. I do hit the woods though, in pack or kayak and overnight. K-bar ends up in the compartment, a hassle to get to, too big for vest or pocket and certainly not comfortable on the hip or getting in and out. Back country, trails and in the kayak is the one time the little case stays home, but have not bothered to pickup an all around carry pocket knife, to fill all utility uses.

Nah, way to price for utility. Smith & Wesson SWFR2S 8in in the $20 something dollar range better fit for me. Better than the 3 blade whittling case that stays in my pocket now, more of an old man's pocket knife, just out of habit, more than anything else. I haven't whittled since quit being a scout leader, many years ago. I do hit the woods though, in pack or kayak and overnight. K-bar ends up in the compartment, a hassle to get to, too big for vest or pocket and certainly not comfortable on the hip or getting in and out. Back country, trails and in the kayak is the one time the little case stays home, but have not bothered to pickup an all around carry pocket knife, to fill all utility uses.
Here ya go look through these bad boys........

Smith & Wesson Knives | Smith & Wesson

If you do Amazon you can get them there also.

I also have a couple of Ka-Bars.

KBars.jpg

Here ya go look through these bad boys........

Smith & Wesson Knives | Smith & Wesson

If you do Amazon you can get them there also.

I also have a couple of Ka-Bars.

View attachment 830458
Mine is the one one the left, but in black, and more worn and comfortably abused. I have a damned hand made Randal. Beautiful, but too expensive for utility, making it useless, except to sit on the back of a shelf with other more useful things in front.

Forum List

Back