Steve Martin Under Fire for 1978 SNL King Tut Skit

I'm confused ... are people upset because Steve Martin (a Caucasian) is playing a sub-Saharan African man who lived 3,000 years ago?

139633685.jpg

We need that famine now. The under 40’s Karens will perish quickly.

That was about the only thing that was funny to me in that whole fucking show post Belushi

The Karens and Kyles will perish from the Earth

The public school brainwashing is rearing its totally ugly head

I'm afriad we're too late to stop it

That wasn't post Belushi. As a mater of fact, Martin's King Tut performance aired the very same night that The Blues Brothers made their first appearance on SNL.
Thanks. I might have watched 5 shows my entire life. Always thought it was dumb. Hated the GD thing really. But the originals bear some credit

Belushi being the jap with the sword is extremely racist. He should be dug up and marched around the square

Minorities in the US are exempt from woke accountability and paying for for the sins of the father.

Tell that to the kid that was brought here by their parents across the border that many want to throw out. To those born here that many want to throw out.

Thanks. I might have watched 5 shows my entire life. Always thought it was dumb. Hated the GD thing really. But the originals bear some credit

Belushi being the jap with the sword is extremely racist. He should be dug up and marched around the square

I watched it in their early days, then tuned out from the mid eighties until just recently. The biggest issue they have nowadays is the same on they suffered when I tuned them out, except it doesn't happen as often, and that is skits that go too long. Many of them can end minutes earlier than they do.

I understand most conservatives don't like the humor because it mostly leans left, but as a moderate I find I can set that aside and appreciate the humor, even laughing at myself from time to time. I have also found that the Weekend Update pairing of Colin Jost and Michael Che is almost as good as Norm MacDonald and better than most of the previous "anchors" whao have done it. Especially when they do their joke swaps.

Stopped watching SNL a long time a ago but became aware of Kristen Wig and she is hilarious.

Forum List

Back