Sterling Banned for Life

Why is this getting more coverage than the Boston bombing?

Why are the liberal media outlets making such a big deal about this now. I mean the fact is he actually did far worse when he was a slumlord to minorities back in 2003. Where, he was found guilty and fined.

In that case he did ACTUAL HARM to minorities. It was there for everyone to see. Yet, the NAACP honored him with a lifetime achievement award. How much money did they actually take for that?:badgrin:

So, all of a sudden this Asian slut takes a photo with Magic Johnson.....

Next thing we know, there is a recording turned over to TMZ. All we are told is that it was leaked to TMZ. Not, WHO leaked it, but that it was leaked.

So, all of a sudden Magic is interested in buying the Clippers. Which the rest of owners will force Sterling to sell it. The franchise will most likely drop from its value.

Why again is this a bigger deal to the left wing media than what he did to minorities when he was a slumlord, and why did the NAACP award him?

She's not Aisan, she's half black and half hispanic.

And, yes, it became a big deal because now it's public. I'll admit, I never heard of Sterling before last week. Now everyone knows who he is, and the NBA had to act.

I don't know what the rules of ownership are, or even if there are any, but why would he pay a fine if he was banned? Unless there's something specific in the contract it sounds like a symbolic gesture.

The fine is for bringing bad press to the NBA, which the league can enforce quite easily. 2.5 million is nothing to this guy. The worst thing that is happening is the loss of advertising revenue, that has a direct impact on the future value of the team.

That as well as the effect that this has on the revenue sharing pool which affects all 30 teams. They pay an equal share to sponsors, and then share in the revenue generated from the sponsorship.. Some of the big names that have already pulled out are Mercedes Benz and Carmax.

Since the Clippers are in one of the largest media markets, they have a greater impact on team revenues than teams that are in smaller media markets.

This really is about money. The NBA is a business.

Why is this getting more coverage than the Boston bombing?

Why are the liberal media outlets making such a big deal about this now. I mean the fact is he actually did far worse when he was a slumlord to minorities back in 2003. Where, he was found guilty and fined.

In that case he did ACTUAL HARM to minorities. It was there for everyone to see. Yet, the NAACP honored him with a lifetime achievement award. How much money did they actually take for that?:badgrin:

So, all of a sudden this Asian slut takes a photo with Magic Johnson.....

Next thing we know, there is a recording turned over to TMZ. All we are told is that it was leaked to TMZ. Not, WHO leaked it, but that it was leaked.

So, all of a sudden Magic is interested in buying the Clippers. Which the rest of owners will force Sterling to sell it. The franchise will most likely drop from its value.

Why again is this a bigger deal to the left wing media than what he did to minorities when he was a slumlord, and why did the NAACP award him?

She's not Aisan, she's half black and half hispanic.

And, yes, it became a big deal because now it's public. I'll admit, I never heard of Sterling before last week. Now everyone knows who he is, and the NBA had to act.

She looks Asian to me. What ever.

Anyway, Sterling is a piece of liberal shit. We all know that.

However, there seems to be something a little fishy about all of this. I mean who "leaked" this TMZ. No one seems to care, which to me is rather poignant. The fact is it seems like a real set up. Meaning, it surely benefits basketball to get Magic back in the NBA in some capacity. He and his partners bought the Dodgers last year, and the value of the Dodgers rose significantly. They soon after signed a multi-million dollar cable deal.

Now, all of a sudden this hispanic slut takes these photos with Dodgers (Magic and Matt Kemp.) The recording happens. Then "someone" leaks the tape.

All of a sudden (very rapidly actually) moves are made to force Sterling out. Wouldn't you know? Magic and his partners are ready to make offers to buy the Clippers. The owners will be on board (most likely unanimously.)

Magic Johnson reportedly interested in buying the Los Angeles*Clippers | The Point Forward - SI.com

Magic Johnson reportedly interested in buying the Los Angeles Clippers

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Man, something stinks here!!!
tumblr_inline_mv7f11ot1S1qdrwna.gif

Last edited:
Mark Cuban an owner of an NBA team was a bit concerned about taking a team away from an owner.
And he has a good point.

Yes, rich people are always worried when someone says, "We dont care about your money, there are rules we all have to live by!"

"You can't do this to me, I'm rich!!!!"

What rules are those, Joe, that cover private thoughts and conversations?

I don't know what the rules of ownership are, or even if there are any, but why would he pay a fine if he was banned? Unless there's something specific in the contract it sounds like a symbolic gesture.

The fine is for bringing bad press to the NBA, which the league can enforce quite easily. 2.5 million is nothing to this guy. The worst thing that is happening is the loss of advertising revenue, that has a direct impact on the future value of the team.

That as well as the effect that this has on the revenue sharing pool which affects all 30 teams. They pay an equal share to sponsors, and then share in the revenue generated from the sponsorship.. Some of the big names that have already pulled out are Mercedes Benz and Carmax.

Since the Clippers are in one of the largest media markets, they have a greater impact on team revenues than teams that are in smaller media markets.

This really is about money. The NBA is a business.
Yes, no doubt. I was wondering how they actually go about enforcing the fine. presumably in court but then they have to prove a dollar amount harm which may not be near the 2.5 mil mark. If it isn't explicit in the contract I don't see how they will collect. It may have mostly been a symbolic gesture to appease the masses.

Who didn't know Sterling was a racist? Seriously, who didn't know? It's a well documented fact.

What took the NBA so long to take action? They knew what he is, they've known for better than twenty years.

Good riddance to bad rubbish I say. Never did like the Clippers ownership, Sterling always seemed to be a hindrance...
Good idea, fighting ignorance and hatred with ignorance and hatred. Why don't we just throw out the first amendment now and avoid the rush?

I'm all for a thought police, aren't you?

btn_eye_eye_2751.gif

Forum List

Back