Steph Curry: "no, Trump, every single vet says that Colin kneeling is not disrespectful to vets"

It was a vet who asked Kaepernick to kneel out of respect and not sit on the bench.

Kaepernick LISTENED, thanked him and began kneeling.

Further proving every profession has it's morons

Who are you calling a moron, Kaepernick for kneeling, or the Seattle Seahawk player who is a former Green Beret that told him to kneel?

A reminder that an Army vet suggested Colin Kaepernick kneel during the anthem

“I expressed to him, maybe there’s a different way of demonstrating, where you’re showing more respect for those who laid down their lives for what that flag and anthem stand for,” Boyer said of his conversation with Kaepernick. “I suggested kneeling, because people kneel to pray; we’ll kneel in front of a fallen brother’s grave.”

Kaepernick, and other players, have been called “unpatriotic” for kneeling during the anthem, but the idea came from a man who very clearly loves this country and has served to protect the freedoms that it provides its citizens, including the freedom to protest in a peaceful manner.

Both of them, now what the fuck do you plan on doing about it, paper pusher?
Please change your avitar. You are not Irish, and you disrespect the Irish people.

He's right.

No he's not, you're not every single vet by a long shot

You're right, I'm not every single vet. But, I AM a retired veteran, and as such am qualified to comment on this. You on the other hand, are someone who has never served, so I don't think you are qualified to talk about what vets do and don't think.

So because you served you get to speak for all vets? Is that how it works?

Actually, if you had bothered to read the post, you would have seen where I said Bitchy Irish Ass is right, I am not every single vet, but I AM a veteran, and as such am more qualified to speak about what vets do and don't think than someone who has never served. Bitchy Irish Ass has never served a day in her life.

Listen. Thanks for your service, but you’re only qualified to speak for yourself. In this very thread we’ve had a variety of different vets take offense to kapernick’s actions. We get it that you don’t. That’s fine, but the military represents all types of different opinions on this and other matters.

He's right.

You're right, I'm not every single vet. But, I AM a retired veteran, and as such am qualified to comment on this. You on the other hand, are someone who has never served, so I don't think you are qualified to talk about what vets do and don't think.

Actually, if you had bothered to read the post, you would have seen where I said Bitchy Irish Ass is right, I am not every single vet, but I AM a veteran, and as such am more qualified to speak about what vets do and don't think than someone who has never served. Bitchy Irish Ass has never served a day in her life.

Listen. Thanks for your service, but you’re only qualified to speak for yourself. In this very thread we’ve had a variety of different vets take offense to kapernick’s actions. We get it that you don’t. That’s fine, but the military represents all types of different opinions on this and other matters.
Think about what you have just posted.

He's right.

Again, I'm more qualified to speak about what vets think than someone who has never served. I did 20 years in the military and saw a lot of what can happen. Bitchy Irish Ass never served, and as such, has no room to say what vets do and don't think.

As far as the other veterans who think it's disrespectful? They are entitled to their own opinion, but as military personnel who swore an oath, they should also realize that even though they don't agree with it, they still need to allow it because it is part of the document they swore to serve and protect, the US Constitution.

And, every year, there was a command standdown for around 3 days, where we did training on Navy Rights and Responsibilities. Free speech and peaceful protest were 2 things that were discussed regularly, because as a member of the military, we don't have many of the same freedoms and rights that civilians have.

He's right.

Lol ya mad, paper pusher? You're such a lil drama llama

I know and you know the vast majority of vets don't support Kaeperdick. Now settle down and perhaps tell us yet another tall tale you're infamous for....jackass

Again, I'm more qualified to speak about what vets think than someone who has never served. I did 20 years in the military and saw a lot of what can happen. Bitchy Irish Ass never served, and as such, has no room to say what vets do and don't think.

As far as the other veterans who think it's disrespectful? They are entitled to their own opinion, but as military personnel who swore an oath, they should also realize that even though they don't agree with it, they still need to allow it because it is part of the document they swore to serve and protect, the US Constitution.

And, every year, there was a command standdown for around 3 days, where we did training on Navy Rights and Responsibilities. Free speech and peaceful protest were 2 things that were discussed regularly, because as a member of the military, we don't have many of the same freedoms and rights that civilians have.

You're a freaking legend....in your own mind. Tricycle swabbie.

You're in the minority of vets (if you rly are one) who support the shit stain and his anti American crap

Your post is a bit of a red herring. The question isn’t related to free speech. The question is whether or not kapernick was being disrespectful. You’d be hard pressed to find anyone, military or not, that is going to say kapernick has no right to protest. Again, those that are veterans don’t have monolithic political view points. Speak on your views. Because the discussion is pertaining to vets your views carry more weight than someone who didn’t serve, yes, but only with respect to your own personal opinion.

Your post is a bit of a red herring. The question isn’t related to free speech. The question is whether or not kapernick was being disrespectful. You’d be hard pressed to find anyone, military or not, that is going to say kapernick has no right to protest. Again, those that are veterans don’t have monolithic political view points. Speak on your views. Because the discussion is pertaining to vets your views carry more weight than someone who didn’t serve, yes, but only with respect to your own personal opinion.
Everyone’s opinion is respectful.

This vet says it is disrespectful.

Not saying he doesn’t have the right to, just saying it’s highly disrespectful and a stupid way to try to make a political point. If anything it says you can’t articulate an argument about police brutality against blacks. But we all know they lost that arguement when the facts show that more whites get killed by cops.
Stupid way to make a political point????? We are still talking about it.

Nobody is talking about police brutality. They are talking about how disrespectful regressives are.

It was a vet who asked Kaepernick to kneel out of respect and not sit on the bench.

Kaepernick LISTENED, thanked him and began kneeling.
That is a bullshi lie passed around as truth. kaepernick hates this country,our Flag and the police.

Crushing Americans From Both the Unrestricted Lower and Upper Classes

But Harvard, the cradle of Birth-Class Supremacy, gave Qaepernick a medal.

He's right. I'm one of those veterans who made a career out of the military and I am not offended by anyone taking a knee.

Why? I swore an oath 5 different times, to support and defend the Constitution of the United States of America. That means I support and defend what is contained in that document, and 2 of those things are free speech and the right to peaceful protest. The fact that people feel secure enough in their rights to use them means that my service wasn't in vain, and the Constitution is still the law of the land.

As a friend of mine once said "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."
Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but what about those who do not protest peacefully?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. Thank you so much for all of your service!

Actually, that is kind of a silly question, because a violent protest is called a riot, which is NOT covered under the Constitution, and when they happen, I believe the police have the duty to stop it.

If it's peaceful, then go for what you know.

And....................fwiw...................you guys might benefit from the definition of a word........................

genuflect
[jen-yoo-flekt]
See more synonyms for genuflect on Thesaurus.com
verb (used without object)
  1. to bend the knee or touch one knee to the floor in reverence or worship.
  2. to express a servile attitude.

Now, you know that Kaepernick wasn't really being disrespectful, he was just expressing his opinion. And, like I said, I'm kinda happy that he feels secure enough in his rights as a citizen to peacefully protest. That means the 20 years of service I gave to this country to support and defend the Constitution of the United States wasn't in vain, because it's still in effect.
nobody says he didn't have the right to do it like we have the right to END THE NFL.
Spectator Sports Are for Pot-Bellied Wannabes

That would put the peddlers of toxic performance-enhancing drugs out of business. Juiced-up jocks will have to go into their only career alternative: gangbanging thugs.

Steph was accused of being disrespectful to vets because he didnt go to the white house, so he erupted and said the quote in the title.

The Players' Tribune on Instagram: “These athletes refuse to #ShutUpAndDribble. For more, hit the link in our bio.”

MAYBE, just MAYBE the US vets that fought in a WAR, instead of RUNNING away from a war WITH BONE SPURS, LIKE TRUMP DID, can tell Trump, "go fvck yourself Donny for being a pussy."

Ran away? A medical deferment means they wouldn't take him. Have you tried to be a soldier with bone spurs in your feet?

Forum List

Back