Stay cool

william the wie

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2009
Not even a -10% correction yet.

The size of the ACA disaster will not be clear until April-June.

It is not clear that China has yet crashed.

So, relax and be happy.

3 weeks ago when they talked about the idea of tapering that stimulus many claimed how great the recovery is going.... If the FED-R keeps spending and not tapering the new talking point will be "The bail-outs (85 billion a month) will continue... Because the recovery is doing better than expected!"

Just to add to the fun the main assets of Greek banks are Turkish bonds which are exploding.

I be cool.

We're still saving up to retire by chucking cash into the pile every month, so in a bizarre way the downs help us out as long as there are enough ups before we hit our date. :D

I be cool.

We're still saving up to retire by chucking cash into the pile every month, so in a bizarre way the downs help us out as long as there are enough ups before we hit our date. :D
You mentioned your asset allotment once and if you haven't changed it you should be fairly safe.

Drops are great if morally ok with short-selling. :)

My 'ethical commitee' is still in closed conference about shorting. I conceed as a straight-foward "make money" issue it's sound. But once ya question the morality of it it's gets tricky.

Betting on some company's misfortune, or even hoping for it seems unethical.

Last edited:
I don't understand, why does that seem unethical to you?

You don't have to be hoping a company fails or contributing to its failure, you are placing a bet on how you believe the price of their stock shares will perform in the near future.

So, relax and be happy.

At my bank economic update, they didn't even mentions ACA. However, tapering is a fact and so are the foreign currency problems. The market might be bearish for several months. figure another 8% decline before the bottom.

If a recession looks probable, then add more to your forecast of decline.

So, relax and be happy.

At my bank economic update, they didn't even mentions ACA. However, tapering is a fact and so are the foreign currency problems. The market might be bearish for several months. figure another 8% decline before the bottom.

If a recession looks probable, then add more to your forecast of decline.
About 30% max total, excluding financial intermediaries. The conflicting rules for US/NAFTA, EU, Japan, China and international negotiations don't even rise to level of making good, consistent nonsense yet in that sector. So, not a meltdown but a lot of volatility as the new rules of finance get reconciled with each other.

When the average Joe has $10k in his 401K, and loses $600.00 from it in one day, they call it a "correction".

The crash of 2007 was a hell of a "correction".

Just think if the cons plan to privatize Social Security would have happened in 2001. Wall Street banks would have stolen $4 trillion instead of only $3 trillion.

Yesterday on CNBC, one of the talking heads said that the market is acting the same way now as it did in 1929.

Forum List

Back