States rated by Freedom!!!!

If the left don't get a clue from this, why the poor and middle class vote republican, I don't no what will...

They aren't listening because they don't care about freedom.

As was noted earlier in the thread, the "freedom" in question was exclusively how much the individual or corporate person is allowed to oppress his fellows. Any person who approves of THAT "freedom" has no place in civilized society.

"We must not conclude merely upon a man's haranguing upon liberty, and using the charming sound, that he is fit to be trusted with the liberties of his country. It is not unfrequent to hear men declaim loudly upon liberty, who, if we may judge by the whole tenor of their actions, mean nothing else by it but their own liberty, — to oppress without control or the restraint of laws all who are poorer or weaker than themselves"
-- Samuel Adams; from an untitled essay in the Independent Advertiser (1748)
Thank you for prov ing my point. You dont care about, or understand, freedom.

If the left don't get a clue from this, why the poor and middle class vote republican, I don't no what will...

As was noted earlier in the thread, the "freedom" in question was exclusively how much the individual or corporate person is allowed to oppress his fellows. Any person who approves of THAT "freedom" has no place in civilized society.

"We must not conclude merely upon a man's haranguing upon liberty, and using the charming sound, that he is fit to be trusted with the liberties of his country. It is not unfrequent to hear men declaim loudly upon liberty, who, if we may judge by the whole tenor of their actions, mean nothing else by it but their own liberty, — to oppress without control or the restraint of laws all who are poorer or weaker than themselves"

I certainly do. It needs to be protected from people like you.

Ya have that backwards like normal, thank God we have 26 right to work states now.

We all know your ilks favorite holiday is April 15th and pisses on the 4th of July .

Lol. The definition of tyranny. Here..I'll give you more rope with which to hang yourself...what freedom of yours do I threaten, and how would you address it?

I'll wait for your assertion that you have the right to tell me what to do and if I refuse, then your freedom is threatened.

No surprise here....

Freedom in the 50 States 2013 | How It's Calculated

Rankings -Overall
1.North Dakota
2.South Dakota
3.Tennessee
4.New Hampshire
5.Oklahoma
6.Idaho
7.Missouri
8.Virginia
9.Georgia
10.Utah
11.Arizona
12.Montana
13.Alaska
14.Texas
15.South Carolina
16.Indiana
17.Delaware
28.Alabama
19.Colorado
20.Nevada
21.New Mexico
22.Nebraska
23.Florida
24.North Carolina
25.Iowa
26.Kansas-
27.Kentucky
28.Oregon-
29.Washington
30.Massachusetts
31.Pennsylvania
32.Arkansas
33.Ohio
34.Minnesota
35.Michigan
36.Wyoming
37.Louisiana
38.Wisconsin
39.Maine
40.Connecticut
41.Mississippi
42.West Virginia
43.Vermont
44.Maryland
45.Illinois
46.Rhode Island
47.Hawaii
48.New Jersey
49.California
50.New York

The overall freedom ranking is determined by combining scores for fiscal, regulatory, and personal freedom.

Fiscal Policy (35.3%)

The fiscal policy dimension consists of the following categories: Tax Burden(28.6%), Government Employment(2.8%), GovernmentSpending (1.9%),Government Debt (1.2%), and Fiscal Decentralization (0.9%).

Regulatory Policy (32.0%)

The regulatory policy dimension consists of the following categories:Freedom from Tort Abuse (11.5%),Property Right Protection (7.6%),Health Insurance Freedom (5.4%),Labor Market Freedom (3.8%),Occupational Licensing Freedom(1.7%), Miscellaneous Regulatory Freedom (1.3%), and Cable and Telecom Freedom (0.8%).

Personal Freedom (32.7%)

Personal freedom dimension consists of the following categories: Victimless Crime Freedom (9.8%), Gun Control Freedom (6.6%), Tobacco Freedom(4.1%), Alcohol Freedom (2.8%),Marriage Freedom (2.1%), Marijuana and Salvia Freedom (2.1%), Gambling Freedom (2.0%), Education Policy(1.9%), Civil Liberties (0.6%), Travel Freedom (0.5%), Asset Forfeiture Freedom (0.1%), and Campaign Finance Freedom (0.02%).

Notice how the more 'free' a state is, the more likely it's a parasitic taker of federal money:

L84kQ.png

I checked the links . What would marriage freedom ( meaning gay marriage mostly ) be ranked at such a low % of importance ??

Tobacco freedom is 2x as important than being able to marry your loved one !?! Lol!

Because freedom is based on choices; ALL CHOICES. You seem to want to weigh marriage freedom highly, others would want to rate other choices highly.

Now I am not disparaging your choice of what you view as important. But, if you take the view of America as a whole, and believe even what the left tells us that 10% of Americans are gay, that would push what you say is important, far down the line.

The whole list is a right wing hack job.

The Dakotas are the most free!? Playa please! Free to freeze your ass off in a cornfield maybe .

I take freedom to mean more bill of rights stuff . While the list is more concerned over taxes .

Both are views are correct.
The Bill of Rights plus less taxes is freedom.

No surprise here....

Freedom in the 50 States 2013 | How It's Calculated

Rankings -Overall
1.North Dakota
2.South Dakota
3.Tennessee
4.New Hampshire
5.Oklahoma
6.Idaho
7.Missouri
8.Virginia
9.Georgia
10.Utah
11.Arizona
12.Montana
13.Alaska
14.Texas
15.South Carolina
16.Indiana
17.Delaware
28.Alabama
19.Colorado
20.Nevada
21.New Mexico
22.Nebraska
23.Florida
24.North Carolina
25.Iowa
26.Kansas-
27.Kentucky
28.Oregon-
29.Washington
30.Massachusetts
31.Pennsylvania
32.Arkansas
33.Ohio
34.Minnesota
35.Michigan
36.Wyoming
37.Louisiana
38.Wisconsin
39.Maine
40.Connecticut
41.Mississippi
42.West Virginia
43.Vermont
44.Maryland
45.Illinois
46.Rhode Island
47.Hawaii
48.New Jersey
49.California
50.New York

The overall freedom ranking is determined by combining scores for fiscal, regulatory, and personal freedom.

Fiscal Policy (35.3%)

The fiscal policy dimension consists of the following categories: Tax Burden(28.6%), Government Employment(2.8%), GovernmentSpending (1.9%),Government Debt (1.2%), and Fiscal Decentralization (0.9%).

Regulatory Policy (32.0%)

The regulatory policy dimension consists of the following categories:Freedom from Tort Abuse (11.5%),Property Right Protection (7.6%),Health Insurance Freedom (5.4%),Labor Market Freedom (3.8%),Occupational Licensing Freedom(1.7%), Miscellaneous Regulatory Freedom (1.3%), and Cable and Telecom Freedom (0.8%).

Personal Freedom (32.7%)

Personal freedom dimension consists of the following categories: Victimless Crime Freedom (9.8%), Gun Control Freedom (6.6%), Tobacco Freedom(4.1%), Alcohol Freedom (2.8%),Marriage Freedom (2.1%), Marijuana and Salvia Freedom (2.1%), Gambling Freedom (2.0%), Education Policy(1.9%), Civil Liberties (0.6%), Travel Freedom (0.5%), Asset Forfeiture Freedom (0.1%), and Campaign Finance Freedom (0.02%).

Notice how the more 'free' a state is, the more likely it's a parasitic taker of federal money:

L84kQ.png

Yes
They are where lower income and fixed income (on government social programs) type of people who move there because, things are more affordable and have lesser intrusive government. Prices of most everything is lower.

Forum List

Back