States rated by Freedom!!!!

How is New Hampshire #4 ?

They have tolls on the highway and you can only buy liquor from state owned liquor stores!

"Live free or die " my ass!

No surprise here....

Freedom in the 50 States 2013 | How It's Calculated

Rankings -Overall
1.North Dakota
2.South Dakota
3.Tennessee
4.New Hampshire
5.Oklahoma
6.Idaho
7.Missouri
8.Virginia
9.Georgia
10.Utah
11.Arizona
12.Montana
13.Alaska
14.Texas
15.South Carolina
16.Indiana
17.Delaware
28.Alabama
19.Colorado
20.Nevada
21.New Mexico
22.Nebraska
23.Florida
24.North Carolina
25.Iowa
26.Kansas-
27.Kentucky
28.Oregon-
29.Washington
30.Massachusetts
31.Pennsylvania
32.Arkansas
33.Ohio
34.Minnesota
35.Michigan
36.Wyoming
37.Louisiana
38.Wisconsin
39.Maine
40.Connecticut
41.Mississippi
42.West Virginia
43.Vermont
44.Maryland
45.Illinois
46.Rhode Island
47.Hawaii
48.New Jersey
49.California
50.New York

The overall freedom ranking is determined by combining scores for fiscal, regulatory, and personal freedom.

Fiscal Policy (35.3%)

The fiscal policy dimension consists of the following categories: Tax Burden(28.6%), Government Employment(2.8%), GovernmentSpending (1.9%),Government Debt (1.2%), and Fiscal Decentralization (0.9%).

Regulatory Policy (32.0%)

The regulatory policy dimension consists of the following categories:Freedom from Tort Abuse (11.5%),Property Right Protection (7.6%),Health Insurance Freedom (5.4%),Labor Market Freedom (3.8%),Occupational Licensing Freedom(1.7%), Miscellaneous Regulatory Freedom (1.3%), and Cable and Telecom Freedom (0.8%).

Personal Freedom (32.7%)

Personal freedom dimension consists of the following categories: Victimless Crime Freedom (9.8%), Gun Control Freedom (6.6%), Tobacco Freedom(4.1%), Alcohol Freedom (2.8%),Marriage Freedom (2.1%), Marijuana and Salvia Freedom (2.1%), Gambling Freedom (2.0%), Education Policy(1.9%), Civil Liberties (0.6%), Travel Freedom (0.5%), Asset Forfeiture Freedom (0.1%), and Campaign Finance Freedom (0.02%).

Since it is legal to burn oil workers to death, by means of negligence, in North Dakota, one cannot escape the conclusion that the measure here is not of liberty, but of license.
:lame2:

Anyone who supports such a state of society has no place in the free world.

Why North Dakota’s oil fields are so deadly for workers

Ok, no gay marriage , can't smoke pot, and you can die in an oil Fire .

North Dakota sounds more like Saudi Arabia than the free-ist state of all!!!!

Lol!

Weird,

They want to force you to believe in the morality of the damn bible, stop you from being gay, transgender, and pretty much give you a crappy standard of living. I guess somalia is probably way up their in freedom.
college-liberals_o_676421.webp

It depends how you recognize freedom. To some it might seem like growing and selling marijuana to my kids might seem like a freedom but to me a freedom is the right to be secure from pot heads. Some might feel as if homosexual marriage was a freedom to be emulated but others might feel as if the 1st Amendment's guarantee of the practice of religion gives people the right to reject homosexual marriage.

I would not live or work in any of the first 50 states on that list.

Is that like Obama saying he just toured 52 states?

You don't know what you're missing. So much NAGGING in Calif. that I LOVED the diff in Tenn. We have WORKING govt with competent people, firecrackers on July 4th, and no silly "pollution" signs in every doorway.

It depends how you recognize freedom. To some it might seem like growing and selling marijuana to my kids might seem like a freedom but to me a freedom is the right to be secure from pot heads. Some might feel as if homosexual marriage was a freedom to be emulated but others might feel as if the 1st Amendment's guarantee of the practice of religion gives people the right to reject homosexual marriage.

freedom means having the tolerance to ALLOW others to do those things -- even if you personally abhor them. Like buying a 24 ounce Orange Slushie if they want to...

They have tolls on the highway and you can only buy liquor from state owned liquor stores!

Heck if I know, was curious about the same thing.

Heck if I know, was curious about the same thing.

Because you can make a quick escape over the border to Canada?? :dunno:

It's probably fiscal responsibility and CC laws for handguns. Also not a lot of nannies up there to complain about who you love or what you consume..

I don't see body freedom anywhere on that list. Don't you find that odd? Nothing about abortion rights ???

No surprise here....

Freedom in the 50 States 2013 | How It's Calculated

Rankings -Overall
1.North Dakota
2.South Dakota
3.Tennessee
4.New Hampshire
5.Oklahoma
6.Idaho
7.Missouri
8.Virginia
9.Georgia
10.Utah
11.Arizona
12.Montana
13.Alaska
14.Texas
15.South Carolina
16.Indiana
17.Delaware
28.Alabama
19.Colorado
20.Nevada
21.New Mexico
22.Nebraska
23.Florida
24.North Carolina
25.Iowa
26.Kansas-
27.Kentucky
28.Oregon-
29.Washington
30.Massachusetts
31.Pennsylvania
32.Arkansas
33.Ohio
34.Minnesota
35.Michigan
36.Wyoming
37.Louisiana
38.Wisconsin
39.Maine
40.Connecticut
41.Mississippi
42.West Virginia
43.Vermont
44.Maryland
45.Illinois
46.Rhode Island
47.Hawaii
48.New Jersey
49.California
50.New York

The overall freedom ranking is determined by combining scores for fiscal, regulatory, and personal freedom.

Fiscal Policy (35.3%)

The fiscal policy dimension consists of the following categories: Tax Burden(28.6%), Government Employment(2.8%), GovernmentSpending (1.9%),Government Debt (1.2%), and Fiscal Decentralization (0.9%).

Regulatory Policy (32.0%)

The regulatory policy dimension consists of the following categories:Freedom from Tort Abuse (11.5%),Property Right Protection (7.6%),Health Insurance Freedom (5.4%),Labor Market Freedom (3.8%),Occupational Licensing Freedom(1.7%), Miscellaneous Regulatory Freedom (1.3%), and Cable and Telecom Freedom (0.8%).

Personal Freedom (32.7%)

Personal freedom dimension consists of the following categories: Victimless Crime Freedom (9.8%), Gun Control Freedom (6.6%), Tobacco Freedom(4.1%), Alcohol Freedom (2.8%),Marriage Freedom (2.1%), Marijuana and Salvia Freedom (2.1%), Gambling Freedom (2.0%), Education Policy(1.9%), Civil Liberties (0.6%), Travel Freedom (0.5%), Asset Forfeiture Freedom (0.1%), and Campaign Finance Freedom (0.02%).
Cool we are moving from #9 to #8. Lived in #2,15,24 before. Hard to understand why West Va is ranked so low....I love West Va.

If the left don't get a clue from this, why the poor and middle class vote republican, I don't no what will...

They aren't listening because they don't care about freedom.

As was noted earlier in the thread, the "freedom" in question was exclusively how much the individual or corporate person is allowed to oppress his fellows. Any person who approves of THAT "freedom" has no place in civilized society.

"We must not conclude merely upon a man's haranguing upon liberty, and using the charming sound, that he is fit to be trusted with the liberties of his country. It is not unfrequent to hear men declaim loudly upon liberty, who, if we may judge by the whole tenor of their actions, mean nothing else by it but their own liberty, — to oppress without control or the restraint of laws all who are poorer or weaker than themselves"
-- Samuel Adams; from an untitled essay in the Independent Advertiser (1748)

"Tax burden" makes up the biggest share of "freedom" at 28% . Ridiculous.

That means some rich ass oil country like Qutar , with zero taxes and biz regulation would score big . That means it's the most free country ? Bacon is illegal there !!!!

"Tax burden" makes up the biggest share of "freedom" at 28% . Ridiculous.

That means some rich ass oil country like Qutar , with zero taxes and biz regulation would score big . That means it's the most free country ? Bacon is illegal there !!!!

Report back when you pay taxes.

Damned glad I live in Tennessee!! No state income tax here and I understand that effective 1/1/16 estate taxes were dropped. For the most part, the roads are excellent compared to, say, the roads in VA and other places I've traveled. I've never seen a state owned liquor store - they're privately owned. TN probably could loosen up a little on some of their liquor laws, but it's not going to be the end of the world if they don't. Sales tax is higher here - but at least everybody has to pay - you simply shop smart at the places you can afford. But even there, twice a year there's a sales tax free weekend on purchases of a wide variety of things - usually right before school and again probably about 6 months later. I mean, you can't go out and buy luxury cars, boats, etc. tax-free, but on things like clothes, computers, college or school supplies and stuff, you can save a lot of money. I don't own any firearms, but a lot of people do around here and i have no issues with it. All in all, I'm completely happy in my little corner of the world.

Forum List

Back