State by State Breakdown of Stimulus Plan: StimulsWatch.org

Ummm...I was looking at the improvements for Fayetteville, AR, and they repeat the same project over and over. They want to build an Interstate connection from Joyce BLVD to I-540, but apparently they are going to do it 91253791375 different ways?

great everything for Maine is in either Portland or Lewiston
not gonna help my area at all

Check out this site... it's amazing. I can see what my town is going to spend money on and it looks like 70% of it is crap!

Feb. 21 - Stimulus Watch - State By State Listing - News - Mike Huckabee

Stimulus Watch: Keeping an Eye on Economic Recovery Spending

Huh. Apparently, WE need to spend something like 2.5 million to paint a friggen water tower. :eusa_eh:

Have you ever hung hundreds of feet above the ground painting something from a bos'n's chair?

I have.

$100 an hour seems far too cheap when the wind start to blow.

great everything for Maine is in either Portland or Lewiston
not gonna help my area at all

Those are the Democratic strongholds of Maine, DC.

Pure coincidence, of course.

Couldn't POSSIBLE be partisan spending, or anything.

Tell ya' what you might want to do, though...keep track of the money available and see if your community can cobble together a grant or two.

I may do that for S-port if I can find out what funding might be avialable for community grants.

AFAIK, we have no "shovel ready" projects on the tarmac, right now.

If we had the internet when FDR started building the highways, sewers, public golf courses and other infra structure, I bet the right would be posting the same complaints.

Eight years of your part rule and our economy sucks. Besides your tax cut mantra what else would you do to get US back on track?

The current leaders of the RNC (Really Nothing Contrstructive) are more concerned about party than their constituents. If they can make US fail by fighting Obama on everything he proposes, they will consider themselves a success.

Bitch about Pelosi and Reid when you have a Boehner and McConnel in your own eye.

At least Arnie and Charlie (both polititicians) realize that their people are in dire shape and need help even if it comes from the Devil or the Democratic President.

Jindal said he would pick and choose what they took in Louisianna. If he or any other R gov turns down the money, they will not be there long.

I know a conservative would have posted this, but what the..........

Every sector should grow: When economists Jared Bernstein and Christina Romer came up with the widely-used estimate of 3 to 4 million jobs that would be created or maintained by the stimulus, they used the rule of thumb that a 1 percent jump in GDP would correspond to a 1 million jobs jump in employment. Of the 3.7 million jobs estimated to be created or retained, you've probably heard the most about construction and healthcare jobs. But when jobs are created in those sectors, jobs are also created indirectly in other sectors. Businesses can spend, and workers can pay for things like hotel rooms, clothing and furniture. So, even the infrastructure portion of the bill should indirectly benefit the other sectors, like hospitality and retail.

Union workers will benefit: This bill provides money to repave highways and reinforce bridges, as well as money that could be used to build wind turbines and renovate schools. Even the Environmental Protection Agency gets money to build green visitor centers at national parks and refuges. Those projects all mean work for occupations that have an above-average rate of unionization.

There will be white-collar work, too: Laurence Shatkin, a career expert who's authored multiple occupational guides, notes that one of the principles of the stimulus is that it's intended to create 90 percent of jobs in the private sector, as well as create jobs at all levels of the occupational strata. Even portions of the bill that would seem blue-collar heavy will offer variety, Shatkin says. For example, infrastructure spending will mean work for civil engineers and urban planners, as well as construction workers.

The unemployed will get help: While bent on job creation, the bill also provides relief for the unemployed. The stimulus pushes the unemployment benefits extension through the end of year, as well as boosts benefit payments by $25 a week. It also offers a tax deduction--taxpayers won't have to pay federal income tax on the first $2,400 they earn in unemployment benefits in 2009. About $25 billion is allocated to subsidizing 65 percent of COBRA insurance for unemployed workers as long as nine months. COBRA is a program that allows workers who have lost their jobs to maintain their health insurance by paying a hefty 102 percent of their premium.

5 Things to Know About Stimulus Jobs

If we had the internet when FDR started building the highways, sewers, public golf courses and other infra structure, I bet the right would be posting the same complaints.

Eight years of your part rule and our economy sucks. Besides your tax cut mantra what else would you do to get US back on track?

The current leaders of the RNC (Really Nothing Contrstructive) are more concerned about party than their constituents. If they can make US fail by fighting Obama on everything he proposes, they will consider themselves a success.

Bitch about Pelosi and Reid when you have a Boehner and McConnel in your own eye.

At least Arnie and Charlie (both polititicians) realize that their people are in dire shape and need help even if it comes from the Devil or the Democratic President.

Jindal said he would pick and choose what they took in Louisianna. If he or any other R gov turns down the money, they will not be there long.

They didn't need internet back then, FDR went on TV and told them all about it from what i heard......:eusa_whistle:

Intersesting
Austin gets $886,000 for a frisbee golf course and $300,000 for residential and commercial solar development.

Over 1,000 projects, Chicago not listed! Only 2 towns from my county. Weird.

Over 1,000 projects, Chicago not listed! Only 2 towns from my county. Weird.

Well don't worry about it.

Chicago is, thanks to the Univ. of Chicago, NEO CON.Austrian Economic theory central, so clearly that city doesn't need anyone's help.

* Alaska (46 projects)
* Alabama (318 projects)
* Arkansas (199 projects)
* Arizona (743 projects)
* California (1971 projects)
* Colorado (201 projects)
* Connecticut (449 projects)
* Washington, D.C. (8 projects)
* Delaware (7 projects)
* Florida (1752 projects)
* Georgia (266 projects)
* Hawaii (316 projects)
* Iowa (51 projects)
* Idaho (348 projects)
* Illinois (1031 projects)
* Indiana (713 projects)
* Kansas (139 projects)
* Kentucky (524 projects)
* Louisiana (433 projects)
* Massachusetts (266 projects)
* Maryland (54 projects)
* Maine (72 projects)
* Michigan (782 projects)
* Minnesota (335 projects)
* Missouri (403 projects)
* Mississippi (552 projects)
* Montana (57 projects)
* North Carolina (319 projects)
* North Dakota (61 projects)
* Nebraska (154 projects)
* New Jersey (261 projects)
* New Mexico (215 projects)
* Nevada (163 projects)
* New York (289 projects)
* Ohio (847 projects)
* Oklahoma (223 projects)
* Oregon (159 projects)
* Pennsylvania (352 projects)
* Puerto Rico (340 projects)
* Rhode Island (116 projects)
* South Carolina (271 projects)
* South Dakota (30 projects)
* Tennessee (103 projects)
* Texas (1240 projects)
* Utah (298 projects)
* Virginia (400 projects)
* Vermont (61 projects)
* Washington (368 projects)
* Wisconsin (358 projects)
* West Virginia (1 projects)
* Wyoming (85 projects)

Check out this site... it's amazing. I can see what my town is going to spend money on and it looks like 70% of it is crap!

Feb. 21 - Stimulus Watch - State By State Listing - News - Mike Huckabee

Stimulus Watch: Keeping an Eye on Economic Recovery Spending

Huh. Apparently, WE need to spend something like 2.5 million to paint a friggen water tower. :eusa_eh:

Have you ever hung hundreds of feet above the ground painting something from a bos'n's chair?

I have.

$100 an hour seems far too cheap when the wind start to blow.

Turn a bunch of teenagers loose with cans of spray paint. It'll get painted for a lot less than 2.5 MILLION, which is an utter waste. We have potholes the size of the Grand Canyon from snowplows because of how bad last years winter was, but damned if we don't need some paint on a water tower, which incidently, is hardly in a state of such massive disrepair that it's a newsworthy eyesore the whole city over.

Hell, we even ran out of SALT! last year. Give us safe roads, and some salt. That's a much better expenditure, IMO.

MAN!

West (by GOD!) Virginia is getting seriously screwed.

That or everything in West Virginia that needs doing is already done. I don't know, you tell me.

Is West Virginia completed?

MAN!

West (by GOD!) Virginia is getting seriously screwed.

That or everything in West Virginia that needs doing is already done. I don't know, you tell me.

Is West Virginia completed?

i believe the grang kleagle emeritus, the hon. robert byrd, moved every function of the federal govt that wasn't nailed down to WVA over the past 20 years or so.

"Byrd is well known for steering federal dollars to West Virginia, one of the country's poorest states. He is called by some the "King of Pork."[19] After becoming chair of the Appropriations Committee in 1989, Byrd sought to steer, over time, a total of $1 billion for public works in the state. He passed that mark in 1991, and the steady stream of funds for highways, dams, educational institutions, and federal agency offices has continued unabated over the course of his membership. More than thirty pending or existing federal projects bear Byrd's name. He commented on his reputation for attaining funds for projects in West Virginia in August 2006 when he called himself "Big Daddy" at the dedication to the Robert C. Byrd Biotechnology Science Center."

Robert Byrd - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

no need to cry for west virginia.

Forum List

Back