Starting tomorrow in California: Ban on trucks and buses made before 2010

CA will seek the maximum penalty for anyone driving a 2009 truck, and it will be carried out by Illegal Alien police officers and judges

This is going to affect over 70,000 vehicles and applies to trucks entering California from other states.

'California's ban on big rigs and buses made before 2010 goes into effect in January. Here's what that will mean"​

SACRAMENTO, Calif. —
Large trucks and buses made before 2010 will be prohibited from operating on California roadways starting Jan. 1. It's the final rule in a set of clean air regulations the California Air Resources Board passed nearly 15 years ago.

The rule applies to diesel vehicles that weigh at least 14,000 pounds. The air resources board said there are an estimated 200,000 vehicles that have yet to comply with the rule just days before the new year, including roughly 70,000 big rig trucks, or about 10% of the commercial motor vehicles operating in the state, according to trucking lobbying groups."

California's ban on big rigs and buses made before 2010 goes into effect in January. What to know

I always wanted to convert a bus into an rv. Sounds as though there will be some on the market cheap

This is going to affect over 70,000 vehicles and applies to trucks entering California from other states.

'California's ban on big rigs and buses made before 2010 goes into effect in January. Here's what that will mean"​

SACRAMENTO, Calif. —
Large trucks and buses made before 2010 will be prohibited from operating on California roadways starting Jan. 1. It's the final rule in a set of clean air regulations the California Air Resources Board passed nearly 15 years ago.

The rule applies to diesel vehicles that weigh at least 14,000 pounds. The air resources board said there are an estimated 200,000 vehicles that have yet to comply with the rule just days before the new year, including roughly 70,000 big rig trucks, or about 10% of the commercial motor vehicles operating in the state, according to trucking lobbying groups."

California's ban on big rigs and buses made before 2010 goes into effect in January. What to know

I can't wait for the predictable surprises.

What do you think IS_JESS_AN_ACCOUNT ?

Okay. Life's a bitch and then I guess you have to buy a new class 8 truck.

So, you don't think the trucking companies might have done something about this over the past 15 years?
It's much worse than that. It's the government controlling market decisions. That usually doesn't end well. Especially for the consumer.

I've yet to see one piece of evidence that anyone or anything has been harmed by this. There may well be trucking companies stupid enough to have done nothing about this in the last 15 years, but none of you have yet reported such a thing. I know you're all fans of the free market and the benefits of competition. So, when someone is dumb enough that they fail to act to preserve their own business with 15 years warning, they go the way of the Dodo, don't they. Survival of the fittest.
10% of the commercial motor vehicles operating in the state is not nothing.

I always wanted to convert a bus into an rv. Sounds as though there will be some on the market cheap
They have probably been on the market for some time. I note that the catastrophe several posters predicted doesn't seem to have yet occurred.

The wheels on the bus go round and round round...all the live long commie cocksuckers day.

What an absolute disaster the left. Would be better if a gigantic comet just wiped us all out.

This is a slow long descent into complete commie globalist madness.

The wheels on the bus go round and round round...all the live long commie cocksuckers day.

What an absolute disaster the left. Would be better if a gigantic comet just wiped us all out.

This is a slow long descent into complete commie globalist madness.
There's going to be a lot less wheels going round and round due to this. This oughta help the supply chain. Get ready for higher prices.

Totally unnecessary to destroy small business like this. Only 10 percent of trucks, they estimate have the engines prior to 2010. As time goes on and smaller businesses are able to upgrade, of course they will. Meanwhile, there still the supply chain problem still has not been corrected... and now prices will go up more. The chain effects from this will cause other people to be laid off of their jobs as well.

Thank you Democrats!.. your so forward thinking and sophisticated... if only you could fuck up Florida and Texas like you are California!...

Totally unnecessary to destroy small business like this. Only 10 percent of trucks, they estimate have the engines prior to 2010. As time goes on and smaller businesses are able to upgrade, of course they will. Meanwhile, there still the supply chain problem still has not been corrected... and now prices will go up more. The chain effects from this will cause other people to be laid off of their jobs as well.

Thank you Democrats!.. your so forward thinking and sophisticated... if only you could fuck up Florida and Texas like you are California!...
They aren't doing it for the planet. Nothing the democrats do is for the reasons they claim. NOTHING EVER. They don't care about minorities, except to keep their minds enslaved by convincing them they are the perpetual victim of right whitey and that's all. Nothing political weapons that they use to get, maintain power while lining their filthy pockets. Same with every single one of their so called issues. They lie about EVERYTHING.

Wow hammering the working class, what the dems do best......Oh I can't wait to see how they blame republicans when this fucks up more of the supply chain.

Forum List

Back