Starbucks employees now encouraged to berate you over thorny racial issues in America

Nobody really wants Starbucks coffee. They go there to socialize and pretend they are something...while shelling out money for their shitty java to a CEO that laughs all the way to the bank.

Do all those highfalutin Starbuck types make you feel self conscious?

Liberals are liberal...until they get car jacked or pounded at a McD's or robbed or a family member gets dead from a drive by or they are walking down the street and a bored black guy decides to do a knock out game move on him/her or his/her granny/granpappy.
Liberals live in lalaland. For now.

Wow! Did all those things happen to you? No wonder you're like this.

Liberals are liberal...until they get car jacked or pounded at a McD's or robbed or a family member gets dead from a drive by or they are walking down the street and a bored black guy decides to do a knock out game move on him/her or his/her granny/granpappy.

Have YOU ever done those things?

What's the matter, nutters? Afraid of having "the discussion"?
Apparently nobody wants to "have the discussion" over a cup of fucking coffee.

When I make my final coffee order, from another barista who is black, I have the following exchange:

Me: This is a little embarrassing, but I was wondering if you wanted to talk about race.
Him: Race?
Me: Yeah.
Him: What to say about it?
Me: I don't know, I just saw there was that promotion going on.
Him: Oh yeah.
Me: Yeah. Like, what happens if someone wants to talk about it?
Him: I don't know. Nothing.

This Is What Happens When You Walk Into Starbucks And Talk To The Barista About Race Co.Create creativity culture commerce

Watch the video at the bottom. It's pretty funny.

Who should be paid? What criteria do you suggest for potential recipients of such tax-payer funded largesse?
Black people.
Which ones? Far more blacks have immigrated here one their own than were brought over as slaves. So not all blacks deserve to get paid. If one of your relatives was a free Northerner they don't deserve to get paid. Any white people in your family tree? You shouldn't get paid anything for them, according to you you would owe some money for that.
I suppose we should accept that any white should be expected to allow "guilt" to compel them to pay any black just for being black. Me, I'm not buying that.

Yes. All whites owe a debt to all blacks...actual history and family tree doesnt matter.

Get your checkbooks out crackas!

Well, blacks did help build the country for a couple hundred years, free of charge, although they didn't actually volunteer for the task. A 14th amendment was passed to give them citizenship, so republicans finally got even with that outrage and gave that citizenship to corporations. Go figure. Maybe reparations are in order for past crimes against blacks, no?
Do you have any idea the percentage of slaves brought to the US were actually slaves already in forced labor in Africa before they were sold to come here? Any chance you have actually looked that up?

Maybe reparations are in order for past crimes against blacks, no?
There is nothing stopping you from going down to a black community and handing out reparations. Have you done that yet?If not, im not sure why you would lecture anyone else about doing it.

I wasn't lecturing, just opinionating. Have you given the opinion any thought? What have blacks received for the free labor their ancestors gave this country for a couple hundred years?
Give me one good reason why i should give a shit about someones ancestors. I dont give a shit about my own ancestors, let alone anyone elses. That isnt my responsibility. Why on earth would you want people to give money to people who did not suffer? Do you think those slaves who DID suffer would want some scrub in the modern era to get paid for the hardships they endured 200 years before? Hell no!
I want to give to people who are suffering now.
They're only suffering now because they voted democrat.

Are you really this stupid?

Are you really this stupid?
Well? Have you?

Agreed, brother, we should worry about our own kids and consider the sub-standard "education" (read: indoctrination) that our ill-spent taxes are used to finance. While I have no objection to those interested in such, I would probably differ as to what constitutes and education. Not all are meant to gain a university degree. There are jobs that pay far better that do not require a sheepskin. I teach technicians, I know that not everyone is suited to book-learnin'. Sometimes a solid, hands-on, trade-oriented training program suits youngsters better than book-larnin'...

Yes, we can see that you didn't suffer from any "book learning". It's why you watch the rich send those good paying jobs to China and then you keep voting for more of the same because the GOP appeals to your racial, sexual and religious fears.

You know, that clown on MSNBC...can't remember his name......actually had a good point.

What training do these caffeine jockeys have have in discussing these issues with the public? Most shrinks need a license and have to pass some kind of bar exam.

Starbucks needs to stick to serving burnt tasting coffee and stay out of things like this.

We now live in an era in which corporate executives have grown convinced that their customers don’t merely want a product or a service, but spiritual and intellectual enlightenment. And they’re relying on their entry-level employees to provide it.

Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz has decided that his 4,700-store enterprise is no longer just going to be offering customers coffee, frothy drinks, and overpriced pastries. His baristas will soon serve up a venti-size helping of social justice.

Starbucks employees now encouraged to berate you over thorny racial issues in America Hot Air

i have an old motto

and holds true through today

-Friends don't let friends drink Starbucks-

[QUOTE="Asclepias, post: 10985075, member: 44774"
Thats not true. Whites are obsessed with race online. I just wondered if they acted the same way in public when Blacks were not around.

No we're not. I'm not obsessed with anything but airplanes, sailboats and history. But if you don't believe me, please do me a favor. Instead of the above broad brush, from now on say "every white person in the world EXCEPT BILL is obsessed with race". :wink_2:

Really appreciate it.[/QUOTE]
I don't even see a negro on the street more than a couple of times a year as they are passing through.
The people in my social circle NEVER even bring the issue of 'race' up EVER. We wouldn't waste our time.
It would be as useful and interesting as wanting to have a conversation about how fucking hands on watches are made.

Happy St Patricks day. Racist to have your own day right? Or is that only when blacks have their own?

This is probably why they didnt want guns in their stores so the racists wont go nutball when bringing up black people and rights

So let me get this straight, St. Patrick's day is racist?

BWAHAHAHA

You fuckwads are deranged.

Its divisive ....like Black History month :wink:

Starbucks needs to stick to serving burnt tasting coffee and stay out of things like this.

We now live in an era in which corporate executives have grown convinced that their customers don’t merely want a product or a service, but spiritual and intellectual enlightenment. And they’re relying on their entry-level employees to provide it.

Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz has decided that his 4,700-store enterprise is no longer just going to be offering customers coffee, frothy drinks, and overpriced pastries. His baristas will soon serve up a venti-size helping of social justice.

Starbucks employees now encouraged to berate you over thorny racial issues in America Hot Air
I believe the Art of Body Painting may satisfy any issues of color.

Forum List

Back