Starbucks employees now encouraged to berate you over thorny racial issues in America

I for one am damned tired of it. I've not lived a single fucking day of my life with slavery and nobody else in this country has either. I have however lived with quota's and the constant racist bullshit at every turn. The only race conversation that needs to be had today is why after 75 years blacks can't seem to figure out how to dress in proper sized pants, speak English and apply all that free education they get to doing something productive. And while they are thinking about that maybe they should ask themselves why when a black person does that and proves it works and becomes successful they call that person names and try to tear them down for not being "black enough".

I hear you, but in all fairness there are many blacks who are doing just fine.

I have a friend who is an attorney (though I try not to hold that against him) and a Corvette enthusiast. Lives in a nice home, sends his kids to USC and UC Riverside. You'll never see him on TV or at any demonstration, because he is just like the rest of us, living his life and applying his talents.

There are many black people who are just living life. I know many professionals of all races. Many black people work hard and follow the rules, and they DO get ahead.

You are wrong. Everyone in this country lives with the legacy of slavery. Some benefit from the legacy while others suffer from that legacy. I think you would find the answer to your question if you asked yourself who appointed you the person that determined what "proper" was. To address some of your other misconceptions I'm successful and no one calls me names or tries to tear me down. Then again I dont act like an uncle tom so that might be it.

Asslips, you're just a fat, white, racist troll. Slavery has not touched a single living person in America - not one.

I was at Starbucks today and a barista asked me my opinion on the Rodney King riots in the early 90s.

Did you tell him that when you heard about it you crapped your diaper?

LOL! I was 9 when that happened, watching Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!

Sorry ... I didn't know how old you were, but I knew you were young.

At that age I didn't really understand what was going on, just that someone was beat by cops and now Los Angeles was on fire.:neutral:

dudes and Esquires;

The Art of Body Painting should satisfy any issues of color, on its own merit.

BodyArt02.jpg

Well darn its not true. I wanted to see some rumbles at the drive thru while waiting for my Chai tea latte.

Maybe Mcdonalds workers can discuss immigration laws next.:laugh:

This is what we should be having a discussion about.:eusa_clap:

SNIP:
Time for a National Conversation About Why Starbucks Coffee Is Disgusting
March 19th, 2015 - 5:42 am

AP Image

It’s time to have a national conversation about one of the most sensitive, controversial issues in American culture, the stain on our national honor: Coffee. American coffee is now and always has been revolting, and it behooves us to look deep into our souls to understand why we overpay for muck at Starbucks. There’s a sucker born every minute, and he’s almost certain to be American

ALL of it here:
Time for a Serious Conversation about Starbucks Spengler

Maybe Mcdonalds workers can discuss immigration laws next.:laugh:

Mercedes dealers should discuss wage inequality with every customer.

Should Ponderosa employees discuss LGBT issues?

The Professional Bass Fishing Association should pass out PETA pamphlets at every weigh-in.

Taco Bell employees will be discussing safe sex and handing out condoms with every taco.

I'll tell you this when I worked in McDonalds in high school it was mainly high school kids as part timers, illegals, and 40 year old burn outs. If they were to have my old McDonalds crew dicuss race relations with our customers all hell would have broke loose!

There are many black people who are just living life. I know many professionals of all races. Many black people work hard and follow the rules, and they DO get ahead.

This is what I find so strange about USMB. I don't get the over-obsessive talk about race. I simply can't understand the type of people y'all are talking about because of the life I've lead and the professional people I work with. When I read some of these posts, it's like I'm reading about another planet.

In my aviation world for the past 40 years: ALL--100% of my fellow coworkers who are not pigmentation challenged are smart and successful. From mechanics to pilots to dispatchers. Throughout industry, they are sharp, industrious and on the ball. They have to be because our industry is a meritocracy. You may have been the ace of the base back in the Air Force but when you start losing your edge, you're out. See ya. Good luck.

And no one blinks an eye. Nothing personal. Hack it or pack it.

Call me naïve.

Pilot-378x402.jpeg

Forum List

Back