Star Wars goes woke.

Or.. they are trying to reach a wider market.

Heck, they - GASP- translated the movie and redubbed it in Mandarin!!! What a bunch of sucking up to Xi that was!!!

Equating dubbing with removing content they SO want to show Americans while bowing to their Chinese masters is a cop out, and weak even for you.

Chinese being offended OH NOES! Americans being offended? FUCK EM.

I still watch Star Wars, but I don't think they'd done anything good since the Prequels. Then again, there are fans who hate the Prequels.

I remember when "Return of the Jedi" came out, and people complained about that.

You can make the argument that Star Wars Peaked with "The Empire Strikes Back" and has been on a decline ever since, but I think the real problem is that as the fans have gotten older, more jaded, more familiar with the source material, you just don't get the same adrenaline rush with it.

I think Disney has oversaturated the market, especially with their move from movies to streaming series, which look great but are narratively boring.
"the fans have gotten older, more jaded, more familiar with the source material"

That is the core reason behind most of these "Star Wars has gone woke" complaints

Star Wars was always woke, most of us were kids when we first watched these movies and were not tainted with the culture war bullshit

Equating dubbing with removing content they SO want to show Americans while bowing to their Chinese masters is a cop out, and weak even for you.

Chinese being offended OH NOES! Americans being offended? FUCK EM.

Americans didn't even notice the content that was removed. I watched "The Rise of Skywalker" in the theater, I didn't even NOTICE two women kissing in the last scene (I did notice it on the rewatch because I was looking for it.)

A bigger change they made for ALL versions of the movie was downplaying the character of Rose Tico. She was originally included in the last Jedi to pander to Chinese audiences, but the racist incel white boys hated her with a passion, calling her racist names, and Disney responded by reducing her Role in the next movie and "Friend-zoning" her relationship with Fin.

Americans didn't even notice the content that was removed. I watched "The Rise of Skywalker" in the theater, I didn't even NOTICE two women kissing in the last scene (I did notice it on the rewatch because I was looking for it.)

A bigger change they made for ALL versions of the movie was downplaying the character of Rose Tico. She was originally included in the last Jedi to pander to Chinese audiences, but the racist incel white boys hated her with a passion, calling her racist names, and Disney responded by reducing her Role in the next movie and "Friend-zoning" her relationship with Fin.

Not material to the discussion of adding woke crap to appease their SJW masters in America while abandoning it in areas where they don't have the balls (or flaps) to stand for their supposed convictions.

Not material to the discussion of adding woke crap to appease their SJW masters in America while abandoning it in areas where they don't have the balls (or flaps) to stand for their supposed convictions.
If only you anti-woke morons were talented enough to create your own shit instead of whining about what "woke libs" have created over the decades

Isn't Scott Baio working on a space saga movie series that will blow Star Wars and Star Trek out of the water?

If only you anti-woke morons were talented enough to create your own shit instead of whining about what "woke libs" have created over the decades

Isn't Scott Baio working on a space saga movie series that will blow Star Wars and Star Trek out of the water?

We are too busy keeping together the society you Marxist fucks want to destroy and replace.

Actually, it's completely material.

Poor Rose was slashed from the third movie because a bunch of racists harassed her to the point where she had to shut down her social media due to all the abuse.

Instead of standing up to these awful white people, Disney knuckled under, and she only got 110 seconds of screen time in the next movie.

That seems a lot worse than slashing 2 seconds of film of two characters you couldn't name without checking the credits.

Actually, it's completely material.

Poor Rose was slashed from the third movie because a bunch of racists harassed her to the point where she had to shut down her social media due to all the abuse.

Instead of standing up to these awful white people, Disney knuckled under, and she only got 110 seconds of screen time in the next movie.

That seems a lot worse than slashing 2 seconds of film of two characters you couldn't name without checking the credits.

Nice conspiracy theory you have there.

Forum List

Back