Star Wars goes woke.

Then don't watch it. I found some of his quips amusing but the truth is Star Wars (for me) died with making Luke Skywalker a whiny little bitch in The Last Jedi.
Disney is going to market its biggest franchise to the widest possible audience. If that means including characters or storylines that make old (white) fans uncomfortable or bored....then...don't watch it.
Easy peasy. :)

Perhaps bill Murray singing the Stars Wars song as a lounge singer on a Saturday Night Live Skit explains it all.

Then don't watch it. I found some of his quips amusing but the truth is Star Wars (for me) died with making Luke Skywalker a whiny little bitch in The Last Jedi.
Disney is going to market its biggest franchise to the widest possible audience. If that means including characters or storylines that make old (white) fans uncomfortable or bored....then...don't watch it.

I still watch Star Wars, but I don't think they'd done anything good since the Prequels. Then again, there are fans who hate the Prequels.

I remember when "Return of the Jedi" came out, and people complained about that.

You can make the argument that Star Wars Peaked with "The Empire Strikes Back" and has been on a decline ever since, but I think the real problem is that as the fans have gotten older, more jaded, more familiar with the source material, you just don't get the same adrenaline rush with it.

I think Disney has oversaturated the market, especially with their move from movies to streaming series, which look great but are narratively boring.

I still watch Star Wars, but I don't think they'd done anything good since the Prequels. Then again, there are fans who hate the Prequels.

I remember when "Return of the Jedi" came out, and people complained about that.

You can make the argument that Star Wars Peaked with "The Empire Strikes Back" and has been on a decline ever since, but I think the real problem is that as the fans have gotten older, more jaded, more familiar with the source material, you just don't get the same adrenaline rush with it.

I think Disney has oversaturated the market, especially with their move from movies to streaming series, which look great but are narratively boring.
I agree that "Empire" was the high point of the series (even with all the re-edits). I enjoyed "Return of the Jedi". I thought it was a fitting, hopeful end to the series. I don't hate the prequels, they just aren't that good, save for maybe the second half of "Revenge of the Sith". I remember saying to my son (when we watched it in the theater)...."Finally, I feel SOMETHING from this story". :) I think the reason "Empire" was so good was because Lucas gave up control of the director role and most of the writing. He didn't get Kershner back for "Jedi" but it still turned out good. I think if you watch Kershner's interviews, you'll see that he was more concerned with character development and the narrative. :) That's probably what the Star Wars franchise has been missing.

33964164_10155743156493403_1551780278274359296_n.jpg

I agree that "Empire" was the high point of the series (even with all the re-edits). I enjoyed "Return of the Jedi". I thought it was a fitting, hopeful end to the series. I don't hate the prequels, they just aren't that good, save for maybe the second half of "Revenge of the Sith". I remember saying to my son (when we watched it in the theater)...."Finally, I feel SOMETHING from this story". :) I think the reason "Empire" was so good was because Lucas gave up control of the director role and most of the writing. He didn't get Kershner back for "Jedi" but it still turned out good. I think if you watch Kershner's interviews, you'll see that he was more concerned with character development and the narrative. :) That's probably what the Star Wars franchise has been missing.

I liked the Sequels. Sure, Jar-Jar was annoying, but the movies looked great and I liked the characters.

Marketing to the widest audience possible is going to alienate the original fan base and they are not just old white people.

Star Wars will not remain profitable if they snub the original fan base.

Does anyone expect any less from a company with a memo like this?

But just watch them cut these parts out for the versions shown in China or Muslim countries.

Does anyone expect any less from a company with a memo like this?
yeah, how dare Star Wars have representation from non-white people..

1711111479896.png

1711111511996.png

Oh, wait, no, they've been doing that since the begining.

But just watch them cut these parts out for the versions shown in China or Muslim countries.

Except all of Hollywood is doing that, because the big money is in the foreign market. So, yeah, they cut out the ten seconds of two chicks kissing, but it really didn't change the movie.

K2SO would give you another one numbnuts.
No one cares about K2SO any more than L3-37 (the weird feminist robot from Solo).

yeah, how dare Star Wars have representation from non-white people..

View attachment 920774

View attachment 920775
Oh, wait, no, they've been doing that since the begining.

Except all of Hollywood is doing that, because the big money is in the foreign market. So, yeah, they cut out the ten seconds of two chicks kissing, but it really didn't change the movie.

No one cares about K2SO any more than L3-37 (the weird feminist robot from Solo).

It shows their gutlessness and their ability to only have "principles" when it's easy for them.

Forum List

Back