Star Trek: Into Dorkness

It's kind of odd as well.

It didn't completely squash the feud either. Just left it smoldering. There are multiple episodes with the Federation and Klingon Empire at odds with each other.

right.....and since Roddenberry was involved with that episode .....who thought it was the greatest mistake ever?.....im sure he didnt.....just sayin......

Everyone who hated the Klingons. Ending the enmity with the Klingons is why they had to bring in the Romulans. And yea, the Organian Peace treaty was kind of ignored in the movies. Again, by redoing the time line, they can ignore it, have more fights with the Klingons, and it fits.

some Trekkie you are.....you do realize the Romulans came before the Klingons right?....

"Balance of Terror".....1966.....introduces the Romulans.....

"Errand of Mercy".......1967.....introduces the Klingons.....:eusa_eh:

by going back to day one they could have had all kinds of adventures in this time line well before the Organian peace treaty.....and where did you here this?......

" they can completely ignore the Organian Peace treaty, which basically killed the enmity between Star Fleet and the Klingons. (that was considered to be THE greatest mistake in the original Star Trek)"

i belong to a Star Trek Site with thousands of members world wide and i have never seen anyone say this......

I didn't "hear" this, I know this. I'm an original "trekkie". Do you know about the Organian Peace treaty? If you don't, you can't possible be an original "trekkie".

Oh, and consider the mess Kirk made of time throughout the original series, starting his life on an alternate timeline just seemed, well, so "Kirk!"

i belong to a Star Trek Board that does nothing but Star trek....have been to 3 Conventions .....have read every novel from every series.......i think i know about the Organian Peace Treaty.....AND i have never seen or heard ANYONE say that that treaty was the worst mistake ever in the series....got a link?......

The book "The Trouble with Tribbles" by David Gerrold. Not the screen play the book he wrote about writing the screen play.

And yes, the episode was great, until the ending when a bunch of "Q" type beings show up and stopped the war. You don't think it was a mistake? Why do you think the Organians never showed up in any other episodes and why instead of an "Organian" they introduced "Q" in STTNG?

right.....and since Roddenberry was involved with that episode .....who thought it was the greatest mistake ever?.....im sure he didnt.....just sayin......

Everyone who hated the Klingons. Ending the enmity with the Klingons is why they had to bring in the Romulans. And yea, the Organian Peace treaty was kind of ignored in the movies. Again, by redoing the time line, they can ignore it, have more fights with the Klingons, and it fits.

some Trekkie you are.....you do realize the Romulans came before the Klingons right?....

Okay, look, I'm sorry I entered this thread. I didn't mean to start a war. People it's just a show! Calm down already!

I hate to say this as a life-long Star Trek fan, but I am completely indifferent to this new Trek Movie.

I'm a life-long Trek fan as well, and I didn't care much for the reboot back in 2009. I just didn't think it was that good.

I don't care. Nobody will ever be as good at being Spock as Lenard Nemoy.

I like the new James T. Kirk though.

It would be nice if they made a movie without some big all-powerful ship out to destroy Starfleet.

I didn't "hear" this, I know this. I'm an original "trekkie". Do you know about the Organian Peace treaty? If you don't, you can't possible be an original "trekkie".

Oh, and consider the mess Kirk made of time throughout the original series, starting his life on an alternate timeline just seemed, well, so "Kirk!"

i belong to a Star Trek Board that does nothing but Star trek....have been to 3 Conventions .....have read every novel from every series.......i think i know about the Organian Peace Treaty.....AND i have never seen or heard ANYONE say that that treaty was the worst mistake ever in the series....got a link?......

The book "The Trouble with Tribbles" by David Gerrold. Not the screen play the book he wrote about writing the screen play.

And yes, the episode was great, until the ending when a bunch of "Q" type beings show up and stopped the war. You don't think it was a mistake? Why do you think the Organians never showed up in any other episodes and why instead of an "Organian" they introduced "Q" in STTNG?

in the novels they showed up a few times......and they developed the Q because they portrayed the Organians as a bunch of boring pacifist.....and they wanted something a little more arrogant.....and that was out of the mouth of Ronald D. Moore at a convention in LA....and the Q are based on Trelane where Roddenberry and DC Fontana got the idea for Q.....

Okay, look, I'm sorry I entered this thread. I didn't mean to start a war. People it's just a show! Calm down already!
hey you are the one who said this......I didn't "hear" this, I know this. I'm an original "trekkie"...........

hey you are the one who said this......I didn't "hear" this, I know this. I'm an original "trekkie"...........

You're right, I did. Perhaps I should have said "I was". Truth is, I was. I could watch 5 seconds of one of the original episodes and tell you the name of the episode and the plot. Some of them, especially "The Trouble with Tribbles" I could recite from memory. Can't do it anymore. Somewhere along the line, I got a life.

th

I hate to say this as a life-long Star Trek fan, but I am completely indifferent to this new Trek Movie.

I will say this from my heart, the only reason you are indifferent is because you don't know the plot.If you knew the plot you would hate it.

i could not understand why they have to have a different timeline then what was......all they had to do was go back to the beginning and start anew.....

Different timeline gives them a whole new universe. Before "Enterprise" all the StarTrek shows followed the same timeline. By altering the timeline, they can have new adventures with a younger crew and they can completely ignore the Organian Peace treaty, which basically killed the enmity between Star Fleet and the Klingons. (that was considered to be THE greatest mistake in the original Star Trek)

Also, without the change in Timeline, Checkov wouldn't have been on the Enterprise so soon. They only put him in the second season because the Russians complained.

They could have done that without destroying Vulcan and turning Kirk into Luke Skywalker.

Thus far, they've kept the same basic premise and found actors that are suited for the characters.

Don't get the problem.

And I thought it a nice way of re-introducing the series.

They kept the the same characters, and used the premise from Star Wars to justify making Kirk a captain before he graduated from the Academy.

i could not understand why they have to have a different timeline then what was......all they had to do was go back to the beginning and start anew.....

Different timeline gives them a whole new universe. Before "Enterprise" all the StarTrek shows followed the same timeline. By altering the timeline, they can have new adventures with a younger crew and they can completely ignore the Organian Peace treaty, which basically killed the enmity between Star Fleet and the Klingons. (that was considered to be THE greatest mistake in the original Star Trek)

Also, without the change in Timeline, Checkov wouldn't have been on the Enterprise so soon. They only put him in the second season because the Russians complained.

They could have done that without destroying Vulcan and turning Kirk into Luke Skywalker.

I don't know, I loved it when they entered that shuttle and the one guy was wearing red. We all knew he was gonna die, it was classic trek.

by going back to day one they could have had all kinds of adventures in this time line well before the Organian peace treaty.....and where did you here this?......

" they can completely ignore the Organian Peace treaty, which basically killed the enmity between Star Fleet and the Klingons. (that was considered to be THE greatest mistake in the original Star Trek)"

i belong to a Star Trek Site with thousands of members world wide and i have never seen anyone say this......

I don't have a problem with rebooting the series, I do have a problem with turning it into Star Wars.

By the way, Trekkies never spell Trekkie with a small t. If you were really an original Trekkie you wouldn't either.

Forum List

Back