Star Trek: Into Dorkness

I hate to say this as a life-long Star Trek fan, but I am completely indifferent to this new Trek Movie.

i could not understand why they have to have a different timeline then what was......all they had to do was go back to the beginning and start anew.....

I have all the Star Trek Movies, and I have all seven seasons of Voyager. Although I have seen all of the other series twice over, I'm happy that this franchise is getting reintroduced to a newer generation.

Last edited:
I hate to say this as a life-long Star Trek fan, but I am completely indifferent to this new Trek Movie.

i could not understand why they have to have a different timeline then what was......all they had to do was go back to the beginning and start anew.....

Well, I wonder how they would get George and Gracie from The Voyage Home? Two 30+ ton whales for the next version?

Different timeline gives them a whole new universe. Before "Enterprise" all the StarTrek shows followed the same timeline. By altering the timeline, they can have new adventures with a younger crew and they can completely ignore the Organian Peace treaty, which basically killed the enmity between Star Fleet and the Klingons. (that was considered to be THE greatest mistake in the original Star Trek)

Also, without the change in Timeline, Checkov wouldn't have been on the Enterprise so soon. They only put him in the second season because the Russians complained.

Well, I wonder how they would get George and Gracie from The Voyage Home? Two 30+ ton whales for the next version?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CM8tTG9Yig]Star Trek IV The Voyage Home - Admiral there be whales here! - YouTube[/ame]

Thus far, they've kept the same basic premise and found actors that are suited for the characters.

Don't get the problem.

And I thought it a nice way of re-introducing the series.

Different timeline gives them a whole new universe. Before "Enterprise" all the StarTrek shows followed the same timeline. By altering the timeline, they can have new adventures with a younger crew and they can completely ignore the Organian Peace treaty, which basically killed the enmity between Star Fleet and the Klingons. (that was considered to be THE greatest mistake in the original Star Trek)

Also, without the change in Timeline, Checkov wouldn't have been on the Enterprise so soon. They only put him in the second season because the Russians complained.

by going back to day one they could have had all kinds of adventures in this time line well before the Organian peace treaty.....and where did you here this?......

" they can completely ignore the Organian Peace treaty, which basically killed the enmity between Star Fleet and the Klingons. (that was considered to be THE greatest mistake in the original Star Trek)"

i belong to a Star Trek Site with thousands of members world wide and i have never seen anyone say this......

Last edited:

by going back to day one they could have had all kinds of adventures in this time line well before the Organian peace treaty.....and where did you here this?......

they can completely ignore the Organian Peace treaty, which basically killed the enmity between Star Fleet and the Klingons. (that was considered to be THE greatest mistake in the original Star Trek)

i belong to a Star Trek Site with thousands of members world wide and i have never seen anyone say this......

It's kind of odd as well.

It didn't completely squash the feud either. Just left it smoldering. There are multiple episodes with the Federation and Klingon Empire at odds with each other.

they can completely ignore the Organian Peace treaty, which basically killed the enmity between Star Fleet and the Klingons. (that was considered to be THE greatest mistake in the original Star Trek)

It didn't completely squash the feud either. Just left it smoldering. There are multiple episodes with the Federation and Klingon Empire at odds with each other.

right.....and since Roddenberry was involved with that episode .....who thought it was the greatest mistake ever?.....im sure he didnt.....just sayin......

right.....and since Roddenberry was involved with that episode .....who thought it was the greatest mistake ever?.....im sure he didnt.....just sayin......

I think it added a new dimension to the politics of the show. Which were meant to mirror the politics of the day. Kinda the Cold War in outer space. Both sides supported various factions in smaller wars.

Really some very good writing.

" they can completely ignore the Organian Peace treaty, which basically killed the enmity between Star Fleet and the Klingons. (that was considered to be THE greatest mistake in the original Star Trek)"

I didn't "hear" this, I know this. I'm an original "trekkie". Do you know about the Organian Peace treaty? If you don't, you can't possible be an original "trekkie".

Oh, and consider the mess Kirk made of time throughout the original series, starting his life on an alternate timeline just seemed, well, so "Kirk!"

I think J. J. Abrams did a great job with the Star Trek reboot, and I'm excited about Into Darkness.

The fact that J. J. Abrams will soon be controlling the two greatest nerd franchises of all time is a little scary to me, though.

Everyone who hated the Klingons. Ending the enmity with the Klingons is why they had to bring in the Romulans. And yea, the Organian Peace treaty was kind of ignored in the movies. Again, by redoing the time line, they can ignore it, have more fights with the Klingons, and it fits.

I think it added a new dimension to the politics of the show. Which were meant to mirror the politics of the day. Kinda the Cold War in outer space. Both sides supported various factions in smaller wars.

Really some very good writing.

Gene L. Coon.....

I didn't "hear" this, I know this. I'm an original "trekkie". Do you know about the Organian Peace treaty? If you don't, you can't possible be an original "trekkie".

Oh, and consider the mess Kirk made of time throughout the original series, starting his life on an alternate timeline just seemed, well, so "Kirk!"

i belong to a Star Trek Board that does nothing but Star trek....have been to 3 Conventions .....have read every novel from every series.......i think i know about the Organian Peace Treaty.....AND i have never seen or heard ANYONE say that that treaty was the worst mistake ever in the series....got a link?......

Forum List

Back