Stand Up For Disenfranchised Voters!

They will be given a time of slience to pray their own prayers.

It includes everyone so no one is being denied the right to pray that day.

But that isn't what 90% voted in favor of...nor what they were promised.

You aren't endorsing treating voting adults as children, are you?

It's yet another example of ignoring the Will of the People. When this fits with the agenda of the left, they'll support the Will of the People. When it does not, they'll justify why they ignore it. I despise political correctness. I believe it stifles freedom.

Isn't political correctness defined by perspective?

The University is not bound by the same laws as our elections

Obviously they are not bound by their own word either. Next time get it in writing, huh. ;)

Meh, the usual scenario is somebody makes a complaint, they consult their lawyer and follow that advice.

This isn't anything unusual. And yeah, it would be nice if they had clarification so that these things wouldn't happen. But that's the state of Establishment at the moment. Six different tests for different factual scenarios and very few real bright line rules, so they err on the side of caution. :dunno:

Please fix your mistake and give the credit for these words to the person that wrote them.

Somehow they think its more important that real American elections.

That's why she's a troll, TM. Even she isn't ignorant enough to really believe it. It's bait to get you to react.

The fact that it's dishonest as fuck and misleading as hell doesn't matter to her. She's a troll.

But it needs to be corrected, and it has been.

That is not my quote.

It is TM that you are criticizing.

Gee PC, I never knew you believed in mob rule and collectivism.

All, too, will bear in mind this sacred principle, that though the will of the majority is in all cases to prevail, that will to be rightful must be reasonable; that the minority possess their equal rights, which equal law must protect, and to violate would be oppression.
Thomas Jefferson

I know our liberal colleagues will leap at the opportunity to stand up for voters whose wishes were ignored...

The nurses graduating from West Virginia University at Parkersburg were offered the opportunity to vote on whether or not an invocation and benediction would be offered, as was traditional at the ceremony.

"Students voted after being told that the majority would decide the issue,..."

"When WVU-Parkersburg nursing students voted 40 to 4 to include prayer in Thursday's pinning ceremony, university officials responded by banning prayer completely because the vote was not unanimous," the alliance said.

The Alliance Defense Fund contends no laws exist preventing the college from having the prayers as part of its ceremony.

Groups protest lack of prayer in ceremony - NewsandSentinel.com | News, Sports, Jobs, Community Information - Parkersburg News and Sentinel

Does this situation fit your idea of fair play?

Do we not see this as a regular occurrence in America today?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Wroj0FLvzs"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Wroj0FLvzs[/ame]

It includes everyone so no one is being denied the right to pray that day. Edited

You aren't endorsing treating voting adults as children, are you? Edited.

nraforlife doctered a quoted thread.

Its either an accident or on purpose, either way he should correct it .

What I don't understand is why this was posted in Law and Legal System when the OP clearly neither knows nor cares about the legal distinction between the copy and paste BS she offers and disenfranchisement of voters?

One of these things is nothing whatsoever like the other. Unless Polly is interested in a discussion of Establishment law, which she clearly is not, this should really be in Religion and Ethics.

But to answer the question begged, considering the splintered and unsettled nature of Establishment law the university is certainly within its rights to want to avoid any possible liability or costly legal proceedings by avoiding organized, university-sanctioned and led prayer when there are people who have made it clear they object. Which may or may not be "right" depending on your POV, that being a question of religion and ethics rather than law, but considering the forum this was placed in - it's the answer.

The only thing established by your post is what an obnoxious twit you are.
In trying to demonstrate some sort of legal bona fides, you have done nothing of the sort.
Instead, you have made yourself look foolish.

1."What I don't understand is why this was posted in Law and Legal System..."

Clean off your specs, and see the following from the OP:
" The Alliance Defense Fund contends no laws exist preventing the college from having the prayers as part of its ceremony."

The case is being handled by a law firm.

2. As for "But to answer the question begged,..." try to use language that you actually understand. To beg the question means to assume the point being argued.
The OP merely takes a situation from the news and asks what folks think of it.

3. As with so many alleged experts, such as yourself, you have tried to restrict the view of the situation, i.e. "...a discussion of Establishment law,..." whereas the actual question being asked is "Does this situation fit your idea of fair play?"

Again, directly from the OP. Specs again? Or merely in a hurry to spit your ususal venom?

4. Here is suggestion that might stand you well in your dealings with folks: try to instill a bit of civility into your conversations.

With whom? People interested in having an actual conversation, or obnoxious trolls?

Surely even you see the difference between the absolute and utter dishonesty of your comparison of this situation, a common one with very common and well-known reasons for its occurrence that should not have to be explained even to you, and the disenfranchisement of voters.

Facts are facts and opinions are opinions. The fact that you copy and paste the opinions of others without regard for facts or honesty is not my problem.

If your blogs don't tell you to believe there's a distinction between facts and opinion, religious belief and law, or Establishment and suffrage, you have a problem bigger than anybody alluding to and correcting your passive aggressive bullshit.

My post stands. What do I think? I think the university had every right and reason to act as it did, and for the reason I specified. One that is common knowledge and based in fact and the actual status of law, not somebody else's copy and pasted opinion.

My opinion? It would be nice if the Courts came up with one clear rule for Establishment that would alleviate the uncertainty placed on public institutions, and that opinionated trolls would learn about their subject before misinforming and misleading people about serious topics so they can get their snide little licks in.

1. How charming that you chose the word that I used for you, "...obnoxious trolls" You know, they say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

2. Since your post has not the least bit to do with what I posted, I must question why you reproduced it above...

it seems, instead that you are whining about how I nailed you as far as your intent.

There are four very clearly deliiniated items, and you have responded to none. Not one....it doesn't bode well for success in what ever profession you claim...

3. "...between the absolute and utter dishonesty of your comparison of this situation, a common one with very common and well-known reasons for its occurrence that should not have to be explained even to you, and the disenfranchisement of voters."

Based on this blithering, stammering word salad, I'd suggest you hire someone to proofread your work.

4. "Facts are facts and opinions are opinions. The fact that you copy and paste the opinions of others without regard for facts or honesty is not my problem."

And here again, no sense nor regard for the OP that you used as a vehicle to criticize me...which, it seems, is your raison d'etre , as you have been unable, to this point, to clearly and cogently, respond to either the OP or my response to your uncalledfor attacks.

Perhaps anger management even before you hire that proofreader.

5. Now, try to keep focused, like a laser, on the discussion: "facts and opinion..."
Which facts, and which opinions are you referencing?

Let's review:
1. The nurses were about to be honored in a ceremony.
2. Said nurses were given "the opportunity to vote on whether or not an invocation and benediction would be offered."
3. This offer was from the very administration in charge of the ceremony.
4. The nursing students voted 40 to 4 to include prayer in Thursday's pinning ceremony.
5. The administration went back on their promise, citing a legal restriction.
6. The Alliance Defense Fund contends no laws exist preventing the college from having the prayers as part of its ceremony.
7. The OP questons whether or not this seems fair.

So, now that it has been spoon-fed so that even one as beclouded with rage as you are, can understand...

Can you explain your absurd statement "One that is common knowledge and based in fact and the actual status of law, not somebody else's copy and pasted opinion."

When you calm down, even you will realize what a dunce you appear.

Anybody note the overwhelming hypocrisy in the mostly liberal (democrat party) area of politics? Bill Clinton went around with a Bible in his hand when he was caught diddling an intern and had himself photographed while attending Church services with sour faced Hillary. Congress has a Chaplain and they say a prayer in open sessions. Politicians still put their hands on a Bible when they are sworn in and yet liberal lawmakers deny the same rights to students.

Somehow they think its more important that real American elections.

That's why she's a troll, TM. Even she isn't ignorant enough to really believe it. It's bait to get you to react.

The fact that it's dishonest as fuck and misleading as hell doesn't matter to her. She's a troll.

That is not my quote.

Uh, no. You don't get to tell me who I'm criticizing. That may be how it works in passive aggressive troll hack land, but I live in the real world.

I was replying to TM in the context of her observation about YOU.

See? That's how you give your true opinion on the internet. Not with dishonest copy and paste passive aggressive bullshit, but by coming right out and saying I think you're a dishonest, ignorant trolling hack who wouldn't know an independent thought or be able to read an original post in context if your life depended on it, let alone write one.

And now you know.

Now I'm going to stop feeding the troll.

Have a nice day. :D

That is not my quote.

Uh, no. You don't get to tell me who I'm criticizing. That may be how it works in passive aggressive troll hack land, but I live in the real world.

See? That's how you give your true opinion on the internet. Not with dishonest copy and paste passive aggressive bullshit, but by coming right out and saying I think you're a dishonest, ignorant trolling hack who wouldn't know an independent thought or be able to read an original post in context if your life depended on it, let alone write one.

And now you know.

"Now I'm going to stop feeding the troll.

Have a nice day."

I guess this is how one runs and hides in the real world....after having been thoroughly spanked.

Perhaps there is a lesson here for you as far as beginging a discussion with a rude personal attack: sometimes it comes back an bites you in the rear.

Best wishes.

Anybody note the overwhelming hypocrisy in the mostly liberal (democrat party) area of politics? Bill Clinton went around with a Bible in his hand when he was caught diddling an intern and had himself photographed while attending Church services with sour faced Hillary. Congress has a Chaplain and they say a prayer in open sessions. Politicians still put their hands on a Bible when they are sworn in and yet liberal lawmakers deny the same rights to students.

Excellent point.

And welcome to the board.

I know our liberal colleagues will leap at the opportunity to stand up for voters whose wishes were ignored...

The nurses graduating from West Virginia University at Parkersburg were offered the opportunity to vote on whether or not an invocation and benediction would be offered, as was traditional at the ceremony.

"Students voted after being told that the majority would decide the issue,..."

"When WVU-Parkersburg nursing students voted 40 to 4 to include prayer in Thursday's pinning ceremony, university officials responded by banning prayer completely because the vote was not unanimous," the alliance said.

The Alliance Defense Fund contends no laws exist preventing the college from having the prayers as part of its ceremony.

Groups protest lack of prayer in ceremony - NewsandSentinel.com | News, Sports, Jobs, Community Information - Parkersburg News and Sentinel

Does this situation fit your idea of fair play?

Do we not see this as a regular occurrence in America today?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Wroj0FLvzs"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Wroj0FLvzs[/ame]

Citi, I'll see your 'rednecks' and raise you one 'obama voters'...

And we've proven what????

Last edited by a moderator:
People have the right to protest, don't they?

Of course they do.

I wouldn't call these people "voters" however.

Of course they voted, but their vote wasn't anything that legally mattered.

They expressed their desires and the school ignored their desires.

That sucks but that kind of thing often happens.

"I wouldn't call these people "voters" however.

Of course they voted, but their vote wasn't anything that legally mattered."

Nah, just mattered to them.
Fagttabouttit!

That is not my quote.

And now you know.

Take heart goldcatt, Polly wanna Clue just isn't smart enough to recognize when someone is infinitely more intelligent than she on any given subject...No doubt this thread will later be referenced by her as PROOF that you don't care about democracy and disenfranchised voters. :lmao:

I just wanted to be sure you were on the record opposing democracy.

:trolls:

That is not my quote.

And now you know.

Take heart goldcatt, Polly wanna Clue just isn't smart enough to recognize when someone is infinitely more intelligent than she on any given subject...No doubt this thread will later be referenced by her as PROOF that you don't care about democracy and disenfranchised voters. :lmao:

I just wanted to be sure you were on the record opposing democracy.

:trolls:

Yeah well, like anybody with half an active brain cell gives a shit what Polly the Trolling Parrot says. Assuming she says anything at all. Her keyboard apparently has only three keys - "Ctrl", "C" and "V".

But I'll be sure to have a supply of tissues and saltines handy, just in case. ;)

Forum List

Back