Squirrels eating my car! HELP

Poison bait. Squirrels are nothing but furry tailed rats.

always with the poison...always with the poison. :mad::mad::mad:

just not right.... have a heart for heavens sake!

nuts.jpg

Thank you!

Spoke to a mechanic today. I'm getting the part back and am going to have it tested for peanut (?) oil in the casing. He also told me to spread some dryer sheets around. He said he found they work.

To test it I am placing out two corn cobs. 1 with and one without a dryer sheet tied to it

Interesting.

This isn't squirrel related..but it is car and animal related...

I lived on a ranch some 18 miles from town, and worked in a legal office. One morning I drove to work and I thought I heard something, but I drove a Honda Civic that had all sorts of foibles (including shorting out when going over tracks and a stereo that only worked when you kicked it)...

Got to work, and heard scrabbling in the back...so I opened up the trunk..

And there was one of the ranch cats, exceedingly irritated, in my trunk.

I closed the trunk, drove back home, and released the bastard, lol.

How d'ya think he got in there to begin with?

This isn't squirrel related..but it is car and animal related...

I lived on a ranch some 18 miles from town, and worked in a legal office. One morning I drove to work and I thought I heard something, but I drove a Honda Civic that had all sorts of foibles (including shorting out when going over tracks and a stereo that only worked when you kicked it)...

Got to work, and heard scrabbling in the back...so I opened up the trunk..

And there was one of the ranch cats, exceedingly irritated, in my trunk.

I closed the trunk, drove back home, and released the bastard, lol.

I had a similar thing happen except the cat was sleeping on the engine when I started the car and drove off. That was one pissed off cat when I opened the hood.

We had a cat like that, loved the warmth of the engine. We called him Mechanicat. He was OK until he tangled with the fan. After that, he walked with a list and could not longer climb into the engie.

Poison bait. Squirrels are nothing but furry tailed rats.

Yeah, might try that. Someone suggested putting it my house gutters. We hear them running on it quite a bit. He suggested mixing it with corn and peanut butter.

It will kill the rodents but the neighborhood cats won't be harmed.

Thinking about that

Another suggested putting out some mouse traps under the car. After a few snaps they stay away

Then again I could use C4

Unless the cats eat one of the poisoned carcasses. I avoid poisoning for just that reason. My barn cats are far more useful than poison, anyhow.

I had a bad squirrel problem once at my old place. They got into my soffets and destroyed the insulation under the roof. I got some donuts from the local bakery, put them into a large plastic container, and staked a #1 leg-hold trap into the donuts. I had to check the trap line 2-3 times a day, but eventually the blighters went away. Be careful moving the traps, though, you might have to smack the occupant in the head with a 2x4 to finish it off.

Spoke to a mechanic today. I'm getting the part back and am going to have it tested for peanut (?) oil in the casing. He also told me to spread some dryer sheets around. He said he found they work.

To test it I am placing out two corn cobs. 1 with and one without a dryer sheet tied to it

Interesting.

freaky smells only work so long with the squirrel

once they discover that it will not harm them

they will go back to harming you

D
Interesting.

It will never work as well as cat pee. Those squirrels will smell predator and be gone.

D
Interesting.

It will never work as well as cat pee. Those squirrels will smell predator and be gone.

Kitty drug test?

Can't imagine how to get them to pee in the cup?

D
Interesting.

for awhile

once they realize there is no danger

they will be back

like to hunt these guys

they always return

to the scene

Forum List

Back