Squirrels eating my car! HELP

Smear Peanut butter down the center of your street right before a high traffic time.

Pet Hawks guarding your yard.

Dogs trained to hate squirrels.

Lion pee.

Have fun with it, get a tazer.

Smear Peanut butter over the car wires of a neighbor you hate.

It's funny you mentioned peanut butter. Both critters I caught were baited by a saltine cracker with peanut butter on it and an almond on top.

Damn things ate the saltine and the almonds, but never touched the peanut butter

I've been studying squirrel bait ( what has my life become?) they all say squirrels can't resist peanut butter. Bull!

The wife said I should hang some of the wiring from my car in the cage. Has to work better than PB.

Ok, they're not eating the entire car, but the wiring under the car. Twice now I've had wiring chewed through. Obviously this isn't covered under the warranty

Any ideas on how to end this horror!

I have not read the thread, but I have had many many run ins with squirrels. The only thing that worked was a live trap and sending them miles and miles away.

For bait I used Fruit and Nut Medley from Costco.

Last edited:
Ok, they're not eating the entire car, but the wiring under the car. Twice now I've had wiring chewed through. Obviously this isn't covered under the warranty

I have not read the thread, but I have had many many run ins with squirrels. The only thing that worked was a live trap and sending them miles and miles away.

For bait I used Fruit and Nut Medley from Costco.

Haven't tried fruit yet. I have a mix of nuts corn and sunflower seeds out now.

Was able to relocate eight this week using sunflower seeds, corn and orange slices.

Figure about ten more to go and I can park outside again!

Was able to relocate eight this week using sunflower seeds, corn and orange slices.

any of them make their way back yet

I'll ask. If they did they better have wings. 10 plus miles and a major river separates them from there old home. Plus I'm guessing a few thousand cats and hawks!

any of them make their way back yet

I'll ask. If they did they better have wings. 10 plus miles and a major river separates them from there old home. Plus I'm guessing a few thousand cats and hawks!

During fall, squirrels may travel 50 miles (80 km) or more in search of better habitat. Squirrel populations periodically rise and fall. During periods of high populations, squirrels—espe-cially gray squirrels—may go on mass emigrations. At such times many animals die.

Techniques to control and manage tree squirrel damage

OK, over a year since the last time the friggin tree rats attacked my car and yesterday they did it again. I either have to build a second garage or move to the north pole. Another $600 repair bill!

I had the same problem as you, but it was from field rats...

Get some shelled pine nuts and put them in a bowl. These things are crack to squirrels.

Story: When I was single, I lived in an apartment with a balcony near some large trees. One of the local squirrels "befriended" me - I'd give the little critter a few nuts (walnuts and almonds in the shell). My boyfriend at the time was hanging out at my place one afternoon. I was out of nuts, so he fed the squirrel some shelled raw pine nuts.

HE BROKE MY SQUIRREL. After that, the poor thing would refuse any other nuts, and would hang on my screen door begging for pine nuts.

I was less than pleased.

But pine nuts will likely kill your vandal squirrels taste for anything other than pine nuts.

1283976-spring_uzi_jpg.jpg

Of course, it'll totally fuck your car (and any shooting instructors in the area if a 9 year old girl gets hold of it), but your pest problem will be solved.

Of course, it'll totally fuck your car (and any shooting instructors in the area if a 9 year old girl gets hold of it), but your pest problem will be solved.

For the squirrels, or to put me out of my misery?

I can totally understand. Squirrels are a huge problem here in my neighborhood because of the conservation area out in the back. Although I haven't had any issues with them chewing on my car, they have destroyed many of my plants. The little buggers!!!

For the squirrels, or to put me out of my misery?

Your instructor at the gun range...

I can totally understand. Squirrels are a huge problem here in my neighborhood because of the conservation area out in the back. Although I haven't had any issues with them chewing on my car, they have destroyed many of my plants. The little buggers!!!

If it twernt the squirrels, it would be some other varmint...

They don't even eat them, they just destroy them. The problem is that there are way too many of them.

They don't even eat them, they just destroy them. The problem is that there are way too many of them.

US_M18a1_claymore_mine.jpg

I don't even know what that is! :biggrin: Some kind of explosive device I'm guessing. Yeah, I think that might be overkill. Lol.

I don't even know what that is! :biggrin: Some kind of explosive device I'm guessing. Yeah, I think that might be overkill. Lol.

That is a claymore anti-personnel mine.

That is a claymore anti-personnel mine.

Maybe just a pellet gun would do.

Forum List

Back