Squashing The Ignorance. Republican Health Care Plans Exposed

PLYMCO_PILGRIM

Gold Member
Jul 3, 2009
America's Home Town
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRJJRTT4HUA&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - A health care plan for America[/ame]

here is a list of the bills the republicans introduced that the dems have shut down

Republican Health Care Plans shot down by the Democrat congress

H.R. 198 Health Care Tax Deduction Act
H.R. 502 Health Care Freedom of Choice Act
H.R. 544 Flexible Health Savings Act
H.R. 879 Affordable Health Care Expansion Act
H.R. 1891 Sunset of Life Protection Act
H.R. 2607 The Small Business Health Fairness Act
H.R. 3217 Health Care Choice Act
H.R. 3218 Improving Health Care for All Americans Act
H.R. 3508 Healthy Savings Act
H.R. 3821 Improved Employee Access to Health Insurance Act
H.R. 3822 Improved Access to Employer Financed Health Insurance Act
H.R. 3823 Medicaid and SCHIP Beneficiary Choice Improvement Act
H.R. 3824 Expanded Health Insurance Options Act

Rooting Out Waste, Fraud, Abuse and Enhancing Transparency

H.R. 27 Medicare Fraud Prevention and Enforcement Act
R. 203 Medicare Fraud Prevention Act
H.R. 2249 Health Care Price Transparency Promotion Act
H.R. 2785 Health Care Paperwork Reduction and Fraud Prevention Act

Medical Liability Reform

H.R. 1086 Help Efficient, Accessible, Low-cost, Timely Healthcare Act
H.R. 1468 Medical Justice Act
H.R. 2787 Medical Liability Procedural Reform Act
H.R. 2975 Medical Practice Protection Act
H.R. 3372 Health Care Over Use Reform Today Act

Prevention/Wellness

H.R. 3468 Promoting Health and Preventing Chronic Disease through Prevention and Wellness Programs for Employees, Communities, and Individuals Act

Preserving Doctor/Patient Relationship

H.R. 2516 Medical Rights Act
H.R. 3002 Patients Act

Notice instead of making one giant clusterfuck of a bill the republicans are trying to take each change to the insurance coverage and health care industry one at a time.

Why would you try to hide everything in a 1500+ page bill Pelosi/Obama/Reid? Why can't you debate each change on its individual merits too?

Notice instead of making one giant clusterfuck of a bill the republicans are trying to take each change to the insurance coverage and health care industry one at a time.

Why would you try to hide everything in a 1500+ page bill Pelosi/Obama/Reid? Why can't you debate each change on its individual merits too?

Actually it's 1900 pages and nothing more than another one of their Ponzi schemes. The bill took out the 250 billion dollar dr. reimbursement to write that in another bill to keep it under a trillion dollars, but don't be fooled by this. The 250 billion dollars will show up in another bill, they are trying to sneak this one past us. Despicable. It ain't gonna work.

I will telll you why, this is not about health care reform which is badly needed, it's about government control over 6% of our economy and taking more and more of our hard earned dollars.

If this was really about health care reform, they would do exactly as you posted, the Republican plan.

I will telll you why, this is not about health care reform which is badly needed, it's about government control over 6% of our economy and taking more and more of our hard earned dollars.

If this was really about health care reform, they would do exactly as you posted, the Republican plan.

You mean Plans ;).

yeah i got the PDF file for the new bill....its HUGE. I can only post for about 20 more min because i want to take an hour or so to start reading it. I got a new notebook to keep track of things in :D

YouTube - A health care plan for America

here is a list of the bills the republicans introduced that the dems have shut down

Republican Health Care Plans shot down by the Democrat congress

H.R. 198 Health Care Tax Deduction Act
H.R. 502 Health Care Freedom of Choice Act
H.R. 544 Flexible Health Savings Act
H.R. 879 Affordable Health Care Expansion Act
H.R. 1891 Sunset of Life Protection Act
H.R. 2607 The Small Business Health Fairness Act
H.R. 3217 Health Care Choice Act
H.R. 3218 Improving Health Care for All Americans Act
H.R. 3508 Healthy Savings Act
H.R. 3821 Improved Employee Access to Health Insurance Act
H.R. 3822 Improved Access to Employer Financed Health Insurance Act
H.R. 3823 Medicaid and SCHIP Beneficiary Choice Improvement Act
H.R. 3824 Expanded Health Insurance Options Act

Rooting Out Waste, Fraud, Abuse and Enhancing Transparency

H.R. 27 Medicare Fraud Prevention and Enforcement Act
R. 203 Medicare Fraud Prevention Act
H.R. 2249 Health Care Price Transparency Promotion Act
H.R. 2785 Health Care Paperwork Reduction and Fraud Prevention Act

Medical Liability Reform

H.R. 1086 Help Efficient, Accessible, Low-cost, Timely Healthcare Act
H.R. 1468 Medical Justice Act
H.R. 2787 Medical Liability Procedural Reform Act
H.R. 2975 Medical Practice Protection Act
H.R. 3372 Health Care Over Use Reform Today Act

Prevention/Wellness

H.R. 3468 Promoting Health and Preventing Chronic Disease through Prevention and Wellness Programs for Employees, Communities, and Individuals Act

Preserving Doctor/Patient Relationship

H.R. 2516 Medical Rights Act
H.R. 3002 Patients Act

All lies, Grayson said so ...........:eusa_whistle:

Next week the republicans are going to unveil another healthcare plan as an alternative to the 1900 page one they weren't allowed to participate in creating.

How many new health care threads are going to keep containing the lie that Republicans have no health insurance reform plans?

Seriously you people need to be mugged by the truth.

How many new health care threads are going to keep containing the lie that Republicans have no health insurance reform plans?

Curious question, have you bothered to read all of those bills or are you just saying "Republicans have a plan! I win!"?

Yes they are all very small in scope and attempt to tackle singular issues based on their merit. The opposition's bill is overreaching and all encompassing giving the government way too much power all at once.

I think this approach, one bad aspect tackled at a time, is much better than trying to lump it all into one big new government run program.

The republicans, and some democrats, have a lot of these smaller plans that make a lot of sense.

EDIT: The current Pelosi/Obama bill still leaves millions of americans uninsured

Curious question, have you bothered to read all of those bills or are you just saying "Republicans have a plan! I win!"?

Because they have shit like this:

GOP Alternative Will Not Bar Discrimination Based On Pre-Existing Conditions – Talk Radio News Service

Hey you edited.

The plan described in that article sounds almost as bad as pelosi's 1900+ page plan. I dont like it either.

They really need to start with clamping down on INS companies contractual obligations to their customers (this means they need to make it illegal for the companies, once they agree to extend you coverage, to deny you coverage if you get sick)

I mean how hard would it be to pass a bill which only deals with this one aspect. I guarantee 90% of americans would support a bill that did this and only this.

Yes they are all very small in scope and attempt to tackle singular issues based on their merit. The opposition's bill is overreaching and all encompassing giving the government way too much power all at once.

I think this approach, one bad aspect tackled at a time, is much better than trying to lump it all into one big new government run program.

The republicans, and some democrats, have a lot of these smaller plans that make a lot of sense.

EDIT: The current Pelosi/Obama bill still leaves millions of americans uninsured

This thread is not about Pelosi/Obama, stop ducking. Look at the link I put up:

GOP Alternative Will Not Bar Discrimination Based On Pre-Existing Conditions – Talk Radio News Service

You call this progress? These are the sort of bills that Republicans are coming out with. I have asked you if you read them all, mind answering that.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoRKG8iR19g&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Boehner's empty talk on health reform[/ame]

QUESTION: Will the Republicans put their alternative online for 72 hours as well?

BOEHNER: Uh, we’ll uh, we’ll have our ideas ready. Don’t worry.

QUESTION: Is it your plan to have one Republican alternative that you all would get behind and endorse?

BOEHNER: We have a number of ideas that we would like to proffer in this process, and we’re not quite sure how the majority intends to proceed. And so until we understand how they intend to proceed, it’s pretty difficult for us to have a solid plan.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Swu-soPICmI&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Boehner on transparency policies as Majority Leader: "it was a different time."[/ame]

BOEHNER: Well, it was a different time. I can tell you when I was Majority Leader, at the time, in almost all cases, I insisted that members have at least 24 hours to read a bill before it came to the floor. But that was — it’s a different time. I’ve made a commitment, and as have my Republican members, that if we take the majority back, we will have a requirement that no bill will come to the floor that hasn’t been out and available to the public and to the members for at least three days.

A different time alright, because Republicans were in charge. Two different standards.

Now, I'm just asking, and I admit to not looking up any of those bills, but given:
The Republican Party controlled both houses of Congress from 1995 until 2007. And, the Republican's held the White House from 2001 until 2009.
How many bills, and how many of the listed bills, to reform health care in America were introduced when the Republicans were in power?

Last edited:
Oh, and how many members of the Republican Party in Congress opposed health care refrom during the first term of the Clinton Administration?

It seems that Michelle Bachman is not as crazy as she seems, and that her effort to "kill" health care reform today is not the act of a crazy women** at all. The evidence (what the R's do and have done, not what they say) suggests, strongly, that stopping health care reform is their policy.

** Please don't assume by this post Rep. Bachman is not crazy, all indications (whenever she speaks) suggests her synapses are not firing in an orderly fashion.

Hey you edited.

The plan described in that article sounds almost as bad as pelosi's 1900+ page plan. I dont like it either.

They really need to start with clamping down on INS companies contractual obligations to their customers (this means they need to make it illegal for the companies, once they agree to extend you coverage, to deny you coverage if you get sick)

I mean how hard would it be to pass a bill which only deals with this one aspect. I guarantee 90% of americans would support a bill that did this and only this.

I'm not I responded here, you missed it because I missed your link as the response you quoted was made while you were editing the post.

WryCatcher your argument has a hole in it, how many democrat plans were put forth by the dem minority during that same time period in relation to health care? See what I mean neither side did squat after hillary got blocked by the republicans who were in control back then.

Hey you edited.

I'm not I responded here, you missed it because I missed your link as the response you quoted was made while you were editing the post.

WryCatcher your argument has a hole in it, how many democrat plans were put forth by the dem minority during that same time period in relation to health care? See what I mean neither side did squat after hillary got blocked by the republicans who were in control back then.

My question is very specific, your resonse is a red herring, and appears to be an effort to censor the queston too.
It appears the Republican Party is a shill for the health insurance industry and big pharma, they hope to kill reform, an action against the will of the majority of the American people. Sadly, this is also true for too many Democrats.

PS, the allegation that my argument "has a hole in it" has been exposed for what it is - partisan bull shit. Otherwise proof would have been offered. It was another example of the passive agressive style of a member of the conservative chic, hit and run.

Last edited:
Since many of you didn't actually read those.. I would like someone preferably Pilfgram to explain how any of that is going to help real america and uninsured america??

Most of them are tax deductibles, discounts, and various other ways at making the rich and insurance companies richer.. They don't actually help the uninsured american..

So Pilgram? What is the rebuttlican plan?? Besided having their lips permanently glued to the ass of insurance.. Let's see some real answers..

How are you going to make healthcare available to those that can't afford it or are currently unemployed due to lay off's thanks to the Bush economy??

How are you going to persuade insurance companies to lower their costs and provide better care??

What regulations are you going to impose on insurance companies to prevent them from dropping coverage when someone gets sick??

What regulations are you going to impose on the insurance to prevent them from denying covarege due to a pre-existing condition??

So let's see it?? What are the answers from the rebuttlicans?? No more tax cuts and deductables.. We all know you morons hate to fund the government and don't want to pay taxes...

Personally, I think you all should just move to a deserted island.. You would all be dead in less then a year.. You would have no government cause you don't want to pay taxes.. You would all have guns cause you don't want gun control.. Which means than when someone is killed, enforciung the law, if you have any would be up to you.. Please send me what you would like your obiturary to say.. Nevermind, you all wouldn't have a news paper either.. You wouldn't want to pay the subsidies to them..

Forum List

Back