Squad rep Cori Bush is under federal criminal investigation for financial crimes

marvin martian

Diamond Member
Sep 29, 2020
Texas Hill Country
Uh-oh. Apparently, she paid her own husband hunderds of thousands of dollars to provide "security" for her, not unlike Fani Willis' scam to launder millions though her boyfriends law practice.

These DemoKKKrats seem to have some kind of genetic propensity to commit crimes.

The Real Housewives of Hamas are in trouble. I wonder how far this corruption extends?

Uh-oh. Apparently, she paid her own husband hunderds of thousands of dollars to provide "security" for her, not unlike Fani Willis' scam to launder millions though her boyfriends law practice.

These DemoKKKrats seem to have some kind of genetic propensity to commit crimes.

The Real Housewives of Hamas are in trouble. I wonder how far this corruption extends?

More of the rights lawfare on innocent people, eh?

There are some among us that simply have a genetic propensity to be born with sticky fingers. They lack a developed part of the brain that fosters the development of a morality. Instead, they are distinctly tribal. They have the opportunity to assimilate into, and thrive inside, civilized society. However, their cultural handicap, which fosters the simpler tribalistic morality, hinders their evolution. This is unfortunate. Essentially, the chain of evolution is now monkey, LeBron James, and white and black assimilates.

Oh nos. Apparently nobody taught Cori you can't get away with shady spending with actual government money the way you can with campaign donations.

Justice Department Investigating Cori Bush’s Handling of Campaign Funds​

Investigators have raised questions about the Missouri Democrat’s hiring of her husband to provide her with security. A congressional ethics inquiry dismissed charges that the arrangement was inappropriate.
1706638048793.png

". . . . Punchbowl News earlier reported that the subpoena and investigation pertained to Ms. Bush.

The Justice Department declined to comment. A spokeswoman for Ms. Bush did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Ms. Bush was investigated in 2023 after the conservative group Foundation for Accountability and Civic Trust filed a complaint over her security payments.

In 2022, Ms. Bush’s campaign paid $338,193 for security, including $225,281 to a private firm, Peace Security; $50,000 to Nathaniel Davis; and $60,000 to Mr. Merritts, according to the complaint.

The payments to Mr. Merritts in the amount of $2,500 were twice a month. The complaint noted that Mr. Merritts did not have a St. Louis private security license, and that Ms. Bush and Mr. Merritts got married in February 2023.

The Federal Election Commission has determined that lawmakers may use campaign funds to pay for security personnel services against threats arising from the members’ status as officeholders, but the commission has emphasized the money must be used only for “bona fide” security services."

She should be removed from congress.

I hate being right all the time.....I just knew it would be a black, they can't ever keep things above-board.

When is she going to show-up to some black church and toss out the race card?
I saw on Fox where she was throwing down the race card.

She has been a strong advocate of defunding the police. At the same time, she was hiring her then-boyfriend to provide security for her. He had no license to provide such a service.

Something is really, really suspicious, IMO. Maybe some of you can figure out what the hell is going on.

The NYT article stated;

"The Office of Congressional Ethics investigated Ms. Bush, a Democrat from Missouri, last year. The office voted to dismiss the allegations after concluding that her husband, Cortney Merritts, had performed “bona fide” security work and did not appear to have been overpaid, and that Ms. Bush faced a level of threats that justified the work."

So? I wanted to read the Ethics report myself. I have no doubt they are all archived.

Office of Congressional Ethics Reports? Yes?

1706649641533.png

I can't find squat. Anyone have any idea what keywords they could possibly be hiding it under?

Not a thing for cori bush

1706649710187.png

Something is really, really suspicious, IMO. Maybe some of you can figure out what the hell is going on.

The NYT article stated;

"The Office of Congressional Ethics investigated Ms. Bush, a Democrat from Missouri, last year. The office voted to dismiss the allegations after concluding that her husband, Cortney Merritts, had performed “bona fide” security work and did not appear to have been overpaid, and that Ms. Bush faced a level of threats that justified the work."

So? I wanted to read the Ethics report myself. I have no doubt they are all archived.

Office of Congressional Ethics Reports? Yes?

View attachment 895349

I can't find squat. Anyone have any idea what keywords they could possibly be hiding it under?

Not a thing for cori bush

View attachment 895351

NYT probably made that up to cover for her.

NYT probably made that up to cover for her.

There is a paper trail of them sending her a letter AFTER the vote, but no documentation of the OCE discussion. . .

When I was on that page, there were lots of links to other discussions of other members, but not this one. . .

For example;

So all we have is this. . . Where is the referral? :dunno:

OCE Cori Bush Dismissal Letter

temp2.jpg

There is a paper trail of them sending her a letter AFTER the vote, but no documentation of the OCE discussion. . .

When I was on that page, there were lots of links to other discussions of other members, but not this one. . .

For example;

So all we have is this. . . Where is the referral? :dunno:

OCE Cori Bush Dismissal Letter

View attachment 895362

The investigation is being conducted by the Justice Department, not the OCE.

The investigation is being conducted by the Justice Department, not the OCE.

Don't get confused here.

Go back and re-read the NYT article, and the NYPost pieces if you are confused.

THEY BOTH have investigated this behavior. One for ethics, the other for breaking FEC law.

"The Justice Department is conducting an investigation into whether Representative Cori Bush mishandled campaign funds, including when she hired her romantic partner — who is now her husband — to provide her with security services, according to people familiar with the matter.

The Office of Congressional Ethics investigated Ms. Bush, a Democrat from Missouri, last year. The office voted to dismiss the allegations after concluding that her husband, Cortney Merritts, had performed “bona fide” security work and did not appear to have been overpaid, and that Ms. Bush faced a level of threats that justified the work. . . ."

Forum List

Back