Spread the Wealth

Blame the wealthy for indiscretions of the poor. :eusa_naughty:

Fraud took place glock, but go ahead and ignore it.... :( 60% of the people that qualified for sound, conventional, 30 year mortgages were sold adjustable rate mortgages because the lender would collect higher fees for them...

Negligence of the CEO's of these mega corporations took place, but go ahead and ignore that too...

Poor business practice took place also, but go ahead and ignore it....

Our watchdog agencies were negligent as well, but go ahead and ignore it....

Our Fed kept fueling the situation by giving CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP money to our banks...but go ahead and ignore it!

I am not blaming any individual wealthy person, unless they took advaqntage of the situation that they KNEW would eventually blow up in our faces...those should be fried.

also, based on your comment, you must not agree with mccaqn to give $300 BILLION to the homeowners in foreclosure?

Care

Last edited:
First, I use as few government services as possible. That's call that my "guv'mint footprint". Second, I support all freedoms, including the freedom to destroy yourself, as long as you do it in such a way to cause minimal inconvenience to society.
Roads? schools? banks? clean water? electricity? Gasoline? Oil? Cheap food/agriculture? the Stock market? Bridges? Highways? Hospitals? trains? Airports/FAA, Research and development, our Military, Ammunitions, the irs, police, fire depts, homeland security?

SUREEEEEEEEEE, you don't use anything the gvt spends money on!!!:tongue:

Last edited:
Fraud took place glock, but go ahead and ignore it.... :( 60% of the people that qualified for sound, conventional, 30 year mortgages were sold adjustable rate mortgages because the lender would collect higher fees for them...

Negligence of the CEO's of these mega corporations took place, but go ahead and ignore that too...

Our Fed kept fueling the situation by giving CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP money to our banks...but go ahead and ignore it!

I am not blaming any individual wealthy person, unless they took advaqntage of the situation that they KNEW would eventually blow up in our faces...those should be fried.

also, based on your comment, you must not agree with mccaqn to give $300 BILLION to the homeowners in foreclosure?

Care

The Democrat Party created Fannie and Freddie, staffed them, used them to contribute to their campaigns, made them buy low quality loans, and made lenders make the loans that were sub-standard. These are all facts which can't be denied yet you conveniently ignore.

60% bought adjustables or sub-prime because the rates were lower. Many of these then bought more home that they could otherwise afford. The 40% who would not otherwise qualify?- you conveniently ignore them.

All those new buyer in the market and guess what happens because of the natural laws of supply and demand? The price of housing goes up, so buyers have to borrow higher amounts. This caused the growth of Fannie and Freddie. The Democrats see this as success and thus reward their CEOs. The private lenders do the same. Again: facts, Again: you ignore.

I am not blaming any individual wealthy person, unless they took advantage of the situation that they KNEW would eventually blow up in our faces...those should be fried.

Care

Nobody "forces" a mortgage on anyone. The people that got those mortgages signed the papers......if they were able to get sound conventional rate mortgages and opted instead for scary adjustable rate so, as you say, the lender could collect higher fees???

Then these people must have had a lobotomy. That makes absolutely no sense. People have to be responsible for themselves. I don't pay higher because I want someone to get a higher commission....I'm not that generous.

And if the adjustable rate was promising a lower payment upfront and people signed for it because they wanted to pay less and didn't think about tomorrow...then they were just plain stupid to think the payments wouldn't go up above where they could afford it.

I guess the mortgage brokers and banks were holding a gun to their heads?

And now, the responsible people who did think have to pay for everyone else's greed?

it certainly IS NOT a strawman...you use and benefit from ALL of what i mentioned above and some....which is where MOST all of our income tax monies and borrowed trust fund monies go to....

your footprint is pretty big...

hmmmm, lol, now what do they say about big feet on men...? :D hahahahahaha! ooooo, that was naughty of me!!!

Pure unadulterated greed by pure capitalists (read: conservatives) lead to the shit storm there is today. Like most conservatives, instead of taking responsibility for his ilks foibles, Glockmail passes the buck. Why am I not surprised.......

Nobody "forces" a mortgage on anyone. The people that got those mortgages signed the papers......if they were able to get sound conventional rate mortgages and opted instead for scary adjustable rate so, as you say, the lender could collect higher fees???

Then these people must have had a lobotomy. That makes absolutely no sense. People have to be responsible for themselves. I don't pay higher because I want someone to get a higher commission....I'm not that generous.

And if the adjustable rate was promising a lower payment upfront and people signed for it because they wanted to pay less and didn't think about tomorrow...then they were just plain stupid to think the payments wouldn't go up above where they could afford it.

I guess the mortgage brokers and banks were holding a gun to their heads?

And now, the responsible people who did think have to pay for everyone else's greed?

FRAUD TOOK PLACE gigi.....i have been watching the hearings on it...

The FBI is investigating 13 mega financial institutions as we speak...

i will never blame the VICTIM for being victimized....

those that knew better and made their own mistakes are at fault as well...including the ceo's or corporations that knew better and financially bankrupted the companies they were responsible for thru their own greed and negligence... they dicked their own stock holders when they had fiduciary responsibilities not to...

Care

I realize there are other taxes out there. But it makes sense that they supply the bulk of those as well. They pay more sales tax for starters because they buy more expensive items.

Listen to yourself. You are completely ass backwards. You're complaining that people aren't paying enough taxes. Should the idea be to find ways for everybody to pay less taxes? Shouldn't the idea be to get government to actually stick to a budget and spend less?

So you're suggesting that 1/10th of the population pays as much in user taxes as the rest of the nation, Bern?

Or how about the top 10% ? The top 20%?

Do the math, man.

You're just wrong.

it certainly IS NOT a strawman...you use and benefit from ALL of what i mentioned above and some....which is where MOST all of our income tax monies and borrowed trust fund monies go to....

hmmmm, lol, now what do they say about big feet on men...? :D hahahahahaha! ooooo, that was naughty of me!!!

does that rule apply to woman ?..like if she has big feet does she uh...you know..I have never been with a big footed woman,,,so I don't know

Yeah, I benefit greatly from the IRS. :mad:

I use as few government services as possible. I have never collected welfare or unemployment. I've never had the police or social services come to my door. When a natural disaster struck my town, the government did not declare a "state of emergency" because we were all adequately, privately, insured. I don't use medicare or medicare because I pay for my own private insurance and pay the deductible out-of-pocket. I don't live in government subsidized housing.

And I wear a size 9 shoe, BTW, under 32 squared jeans. ;)

does that rule apply to woman ?..like if she has big feet does she uh...you know..I have never been with a big footed woman,,,so I don't know

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Now THAT, i don't know? i got tiny feet to carry my short body! ;)

I use as few government services as possible. I have never collected welfare or unemployment. I've never had the police or social services come to my door. When a natural disaster struck my town, the government did not declare a "state of emergency" because we were all adequately, privately, insured. I don't use medicare or medicare because I pay for my own private insurance and pay the deductible out-of-pocket. I don't live in government subsidized housing.

That's right Glock - it's all about "me, me,me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me,"

Of course you don't drive on public roads either, and if you suddenly have a massive heart attack and the closest hospital is a public one that could save your life, you'll just demand to go to a private one. Yeah, you're one of those nice, caring , sharing types ain't ya..:D

You remind me of a parable I once put on the board:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/humor/62379-the-ant-and-the-grasshopper-updated-version.html

FRAUD TOOK PLACE gigi.....i have been watching the hearings on it...

The FBI is investigating 13 mega financial institutions as we speak...

i will never blame the VICTIM for being victimized....

those that knew better and made their own mistakes are at fault as well...including the ceo's or corporations that knew better and financially bankrupted the companies they were responsible for thru their own greed and negligence... they dicked their own stock holders when they had fiduciary responsibilities not to...

Care

There are plenty of criminals to go around. There always have been. Anytime in my life I've wanted I can go up to the Bada Bing and borrow money from Tony Soprano. But I don't. Now, I do believe Tony Soprano belongs in jail for what he's doing lending out all that money.....but those victims who signed with their blood....do I feel sorry for them? Hell no!

There are plenty of criminals to go around. There always have been. Anytime in my life I've wanted I can go up to the Bada Bing and borrow money from Tony Soprano. But I don't. Now, I do believe Tony Soprano belongs in jail for what he's doing lending out all that money.....but those victims who signed with their blood....do I feel sorry for them? Hell no!

We know. You are a heartless conservative. People with less common sense and are not the brightest bulbs in the socket deserve to be taken advantage of, right? Let's eat the weak....

Forum List

Back