Sports in general are being ruined.

Just this past week NASCAR changed a long standing rule for 3 attempts at a gren/white/checker restart to only ONE. And only for one race. To make matters worse they broke their own rule and did it twice. Then on the second attempt they didn't even let the drivers get to turn one before stopping the race which resulted in an unneeded controversial ending.
They also changed the rules this year for crowning the champ. Because of the new rules you could in theory win every single race but not be crowned champ because of one bad race.
And don't even get me started with the absurdity of all the new rules in the NFL as to what constitutes a catch or a "football move"

I don't even know what counts as a catch anymore !?

NFL is too greedy . It's all commercials ! That's why they have replay . More add time !
It used to be easy to tell when a catch was made

Now, you have to hold the ball till you reach the locker room for it to be a catch

My favoured sport - rugby - has only been professional for around 25 years so it's still evolving.
Until then, teams were generally representative of where they were based and players generally came from that area - whether it be regional or national.
There was some movement of players but teams weren't allowed to overtly offer payment to players - this was got around by offering them jobs and houses and cars etc.

Since professionalism;
There are still regional (provincial) teams which are free to attract whoever they wish - they consist of professional and semi-professional players.
There are also franchises which play in a different competition and are totally professional.
They attract players from wherever in the world they can.
There is of course the national team.

Personally, I have a hard time engaging with the franchise competition.
The players generally have no affiliation with where I live and although the games can be great to watch with the standard being very high...I don't really care who wins or loses.

Video replays are really having an effect on the game with many refs obviously too afraid to make a decision without 'referring it upstairs' and there can be long delays in the game as a video is continuously replayed and a decision reached.
I liked the time when discussion of the ref's performance was as much a part of the discussion as that of the players.

Just this past week NASCAR changed a long standing rule for 3 attempts at a gren/white/checker restart to only ONE. And only for one race. To make matters worse they broke their own rule and did it twice. Then on the second attempt they didn't even let the drivers get to turn one before stopping the race which resulted in an unneeded controversial ending.
They also changed the rules this year for crowning the champ. Because of the new rules you could in theory win every single race but not be crowned champ because of one bad race.
And don't even get me started with the absurdity of all the new rules in the NFL as to what constitutes a catch or a "football move"

The cars did not get past the start line on the first restart attempt, that is why it didn't count.

But I agree the rule change was stupid.

It's just a game...
Not any more...it's a business.

or more accuratly its all a racket,the players and owners have ruined all sports and it goes back to the word greed.

its too bad we dont live in a world where there is no money.Players would not jump from team to team now all the time like they do now and none of that other stuff i mentioned in my previous post would go on either if money wasnt involved.:mad:

fuck the NFL, MLB and all sports.

I'm surprised more people don't agree with me that PI calls should be allowed to be reviewed. The reason that they give for it being a call that they don't review is stupid. They say they don't review those calls because they're judgement calls...so freaking what??..they can't reassess their judgment after watching the play on replay??...I don't see a good reason why they shouldn't be able to..It's comical how many PI calls the refs get wrong.. You can say the downside would be that there would be more delays to the game. That's true, but I think instant replay also adds a level of suspense that fans enjoy...but the main thing is is let's try to get as many calls that have an enormous effect on the game as right as possible. If any call should be subject to replay it's the PI call.

I'm surprised more people don't agree with me that PI calls should be allowed to be reviewed. The reason that they give for it being a call that they don't review is stupid. They say they don't review those calls because they're judgement calls...so freaking what??..they can't reassess their judgment after watching the play on replay??...I don't see a good reason why they shouldn't be able to..It's comical how many PI calls the refs get wrong.. You can say the downside would be that there would be more delays to the game. That's true, but I think instant replay also adds a level of suspense that fans enjoy...but the main thing is is let's try to get as many calls that have an enormous effect on the game as right as possible. If any call should be subject to replay it's the PI call.

I agree they should be reviewed for both offensive and defensive interference. I also think it should be a 15 yard penalty like in college

Last edited:
Why not review every play from every angle to make sure we miss nothing. I want the review to be less. Let's get back to football and the game not replay after replay.

Why not review every play from every angle to make sure we miss nothing. I want the review to be less. Let's get back to football and the game not replay after replay.

I understand your position, youre a purest, but the thing is pro sports is extremely difficult to officiate and there's a ridiculous amount of calls the refs get wrong. I didn't like the idea of replay at first because I'm old school, but I have to admit it's worked out pretty well. Does it totally get rid of human error? Of course not - that's not even the goal. The goal is to make things more fair and to bring an extra facet of the game in to play. It does slow up the game a bit, but I don't really mind.

WTF?? they lost power in the truck....in the world series??? Unreal!!!!!!

Forum List

Back