Sports and money

midcan5

liberal / progressive
Jun 4, 2007
America
It may sound weird but I am glad I was young when sports was still a myth of team and hard work and skill. Today it is about money and dream and fantasy. My wife who has taught school forever thinks sports absurd because of the salaries for playing a game, and the time wasted. I disagree somewhat as it can build character, and it can also get all the fat-ass Americans off the couch - well maybe it can. I do marvel at the flat screens in every restaurant and bar today. What happened to our good old BS sessions about your sports endeavor that day over a cold beer at the taproom? Boy, I live in the past. :lol: Soon I will watch no sports - unless eating out!

'Cable TV dispute means viewers miss Phillies-Giants game' By the Inquirer Staff

"More than three million television viewers in New York and New Jersey missed out on Game 1 of the National League Championship Series between the Phillies and the San Francisco Giants after negotiations broke down between Cablevision Systems Corp. and Fox's parent, News Corp.

Cablevision has approximately 25,000 viewers in the New Jersey suburbs that receive Fox29, all in Monmouth County.

Negotiations will resume Sunday, the companies said."

Read more: Cable TV dispute means viewers miss Phillies-Giants game | Philadelphia Inquirer | 10/17/2010

You should probably gather up all your money and give it to me since you obviously hate every single solitary thing about it.

You should probably gather up all your money and give it to me since you obviously hate every single solitary thing about it.

Wouldn't that conflict with your values and mommy and daddy's support?

"I am coming to understand that as Americans, we were born into a powerfully induced mass illusion. An infantile consciousness of "I-want-I want," which drives the machinery of war, waste and profits, and which colonizes our minds and souls from birth like a progressive disease." Joe Bageant

Forum List

Back