Spill, baby spill....42,000 gallons a day

Another "who cares?" story.

The earth has oil in it. Sometimes it gets into the water. BFD. The earth will take care of it regardless of whatever we do.

Wow. So what about the fish that wont be caught, what about the oil that will come ashore, what about the wild life that will die, what about........................Lets all just drill baby drill

But BFD? wow.

what about the poor people who will have to pay for the fear driven cap and trade legislation about to come out? What about the 3rd world countries who have oil and or coal to use for cheap fuel, but are prevented from getting it by the WTO and the UN for environmental reasons? What about all those poor that go without so your side can claim a moral high ground? What about the fact all of this money is going to fight CO2 instead of pollution, preserving eco-systems, and real problems that effect us......

Love this "we are the good guys" crap......:lol:

Uh ... the spill didn't occur naturally, is 80 by 40 miles wide, and an ecological nightmare yet she wants to minimalize it like it's no biggie and it will just work itself out without our help ... in a few decades, of course.
It is no big deal, there are oil spills all the time.

Exactly. Now back to not hearing from Palin or Steele with that dumb Drill baby Drill crap.

I agree with you ,spills happen all the time. Of course Palin said they dont but she is wrong of course. You agree?

Uh ... the spill didn't occur naturally, is 80 by 40 miles wide, and an ecological nightmare yet she wants to minimalize it like it's no biggie and it will just work itself out without our help ... in a few decades, of course.

Exactly. Now back to not hearing from Palin or Steele with that dumb Drill baby Drill crap.

I agree with you ,spills happen all the time. Of course Palin said they dont but she is wrong of course. You agree?

Sarah palin fan are ya? Thats nice..... Now care to try and debate the points raised now? I can't stand palin, I think shes a fake. Also I think Steele is a corporate yes man. Despite this I am quite sure Obama is a tool for the UN, and the CO2 believers crowd are crooks out to make billions from a life tax known as cap and trade....

So lets dispense with the party-based bullshit attacks.... if you have an argument about the oil spill or what any of us have said than address that to us.....

Um... do something else? Go somewhere else? Wait for a government handout?
Do something else? Do something else? You're seriously just a cold hearted bitch, aren't you?
This is another "who cares?" question. The smart, resilient people will find a way to support themselves. The dumb, lazy 1s will wait for someone to take care of them. Same as after any disaster, man made or otherwise.

There's no such thing as a "lazy" shrimp boat operator you dumb ****.

Wait, I thought it was always unacceptable to use the word "****". you fucking hypocrite.

You think its unacceptable then don't say it.

Also, you don't know what the word "hypocrite" means.

Okay I will play, where is your law degree asshole? Fact is I don't need one to tell the simple truth. I have leased a townhouse as a matter of fact, even leased a car a few times. As I said in the post you didn't read, the lease agreement will state whose responsibility this will be.

Ever lease a car punk? How about a rental agreement? Well if you had read one you would know they stipulate who has what responsibilities regarding the arrangement. This can vary by agreement and type of arrangement..

you done showing your ignorance yet? Or are you out to get humiliated again...

You're clearly the most brilliant tort lawyer to ever set foot on the planet.

I never said that nothing should be done about it, just that I'm not particularly worried.

Why the fuck WOULD you be worried? It isn't the livelihoods of those who live in YOUR hometown that's at stake-it isn't YOUR coast that will be affected, and you only care about yourself, so what exactly would you need to worry about?

Really, what gives you the standing to blab on about how its not such a big deal when you have nothing at stake?

Oh please, every region has issues that they're susceptible to. Cali has earthquakes, here in Kansas we have tornados, etc, etc. Everywhere there are risks to life and livelihood. There's no such thing as security. Tough, resilient people will find a way to get through whatever life throws at them, pussies will wait for someone to take care of them. There's nothing new here at all.

Um... do something else? Go somewhere else? Wait for a government handout?
Do something else? Do something else? You're seriously just a cold hearted bitch, aren't you?
This is another "who cares?" question. The smart, resilient people will find a way to support themselves. The dumb, lazy 1s will wait for someone to take care of them. Same as after any disaster, man made or otherwise.

:lol:

Do you say that in your best Bubba Gump voice? It makes me laugh just to imagine it.

Ok, so they aren't lazy, then I guess they'll be ok, won't they?

It seems like a lot of people want to make this political. That's fine. All we have to do is look at different philosophies on life to see who will be ok and who will be crying like like bitches with sand in their vaginas to know who will come out of all of this better for being tested and who will try to make their problem into a monetary gain.

And yes, I am a cold, hard, bitch. It's been working pretty well so far.

The earth has oil in it. Sometimes it gets into the water. BFD. The earth will take care of it regardless of whatever we do.

Wow. So what about the fish that wont be caught, what about the oil that will come ashore, what about the wild life that will die, what about........................Lets all just drill baby drill

But BFD? wow.

:lol: You're worried about the fish? Hmmm... let's see... die in oil clogged water or be hauled out and eaten. Doesn't seem like a huge difference in the end from the fishie perspective. Enlighten us, would you rather die from suffocation or be yanked from your home and eaten? As a fish what is the big fucking difference?

I knew libs could be arrogant but this thread and some of the responses.... that's the wow here Zona.

Wait, I thought it was always unacceptable to use the word "****". you fucking hypocrite.

Aw, don't be so defensive Tuba, you can call me a "whore" or even a "****" if you want to, I don't really mind, I certainly don't get all broken up about it. And hey, it shows your level of maturity and intellect. So if venting like that makes you feel better, then go for it, you can't hurt my feelings with jr. high school insults.

I understand your frustration. You see a great evil and you're impotent to affect a change. And then I come along and dismiss your concerns. I totally get why you're lashing out. So if it makes you feel better to call me names and neg rep me then please, go ahead and do it. I would be the 1st person in line to give you hug and try to tell you it's all going to be alright, and in fact that's what I've been trying to do. People in pain can be irrational and I get that and I don't take it personally.

And you are a known liar and impostor....

Okay I will play, where is your law degree asshole? Fact is I don't need one to tell the simple truth. I have leased a townhouse as a matter of fact, even leased a car a few times. As I said in the post you didn't read, the lease agreement will state whose responsibility this will be.

Ever lease a car punk? How about a rental agreement? Well if you had read one you would know they stipulate who has what responsibilities regarding the arrangement. This can vary by agreement and type of arrangement..

you done showing your ignorance yet? Or are you out to get humiliated again...

You're clearly the most brilliant tort lawyer to ever set foot on the planet.

Nothing but your crying? No defensive statement? No excuse? Figures, big time astrophysics PHD candidate my ass...

I never said that nothing should be done about it, just that I'm not particularly worried.

Why the fuck WOULD you be worried? It isn't the livelihoods of those who live in YOUR hometown that's at stake-it isn't YOUR coast that will be affected, and you only care about yourself, so what exactly would you need to worry about?

Really, what gives you the standing to blab on about how its not such a big deal when you have nothing at stake?

Oh please, every region has issues that they're susceptible to. Cali has earthquakes, here in Kansas we have tornados, etc, etc. Everywhere there are risks to life and livelihood. There's no such thing as security. Tough, resilient people will find a way to get through whatever life throws at them, pussies will wait for someone to take care of them. There's nothing new here at all.

Do you say that in your best Bubba Gump voice? It makes me laugh just to imagine it.

It seems like a lot of people want to make this political. That's fine. All we have to do is look at different philosophies on life to see who will be ok and who will be crying like like bitches with sand in their vaginas to know who will come out of all of this better for being tested and who will try to make their problem into a monetary gain.

But BFD? wow.

:lol: You're worried about the fish? Hmmm... let's see... die in oil clogged water or be hauled out and eaten. Doesn't seem like a huge difference in the end from the fishie perspective. Enlighten us, would you rather die from suffocation or be yanked from your home and eaten? As a fish what is the big fucking difference?

I knew libs could be arrogant but this thread and some of the responses.... that's the wow here Zona.

You know what your problem is? Unlike your paleocon counterparts, you and your neocon/lilbertarian buddies do not value anything in life other than consumption and the almighty dollar. If a 100 year old family shrimp business gets destroyed, its no sweat off your back, because you value nothing. If one of the most pristine national wildlife refuges is drenched in oil, its no problem to you, because you value nothing. If a Florida beach town becomes abandoned, what do you care, your beach is fine. Culture, tradition, family - things that give life meaning - are worth nothing to you because they cannot be packaged and drop shipped to you over-night from a warehouse 1000 miles away.

But BFD? wow.

You know what your problem is? Unlike your paleocon counterparts, you and your neocon/lilbertarian buddies do not value anything in life other than consumption and the almighty dollar. If a 100 year old family shrimp business gets destroyed, its no sweat off your back, because you value nothing. If one of the most pristine national wildlife refuges is drenched in oil, its no problem to you, because you value nothing. If a Florida beach town becomes abandoned, what do you care, your beach is fine. Culture, tradition, family - things that give life meaning - are worth nothing to you because they cannot be packaged and drop shipped to you over-night from a warehouse 1000 miles away.

Kiss my ass you liar!

You don't know shit about me, and whats more don't know shit about what you come in here and support. You come in here and do not follow the thread or the points raised, or even the ideas behind it, and you spout of nonsensical attacks based on nothing other than you don't like them. And when you are confronted on this you try and pretend you are an astrophysics PHD candidate. You don't defend your postion, or give debate of that, you just try and claim some higher education and therefore winner by default...

Grow up junior your BS is old...

Wow, a 3rd neg repping from 1 thread. You must really feel impotent.

You know what your problem is?

I wasn't aware that I had a problem. :lol:

Unlike your paleocon counterparts, you and your neocon/lilbertarian buddies do not value anything in life other than consumption and the almighty dollar.

Is that right? Wow, you know me so well.

If a 100 year old family shrimp business gets destroyed, its no sweat off your back, because you value nothing.

Things happen, that's life. No 1 is entitled to things going on as usual. When shit happens some people deal with them, others whine. Is it unfortunate? Sure. But so what? Unfortunate things happen all the time. Winners roll with the punches, losers cry about how life's unfair.

If one of the most pristine national wildlife refuges is drenched in oil, its no problem to you, because you value nothing.

I don't recall saying that. I remember saying it would all be ok in the end.

If a Florida beach town becomes abandoned, what do you care, your beach is fine.

Actually, I don't have a beach.

Culture, tradition, family - things that give life meaning - are worth nothing to you because they cannot be packaged and drop shipped to you over-night from a warehouse 1000 miles away.

Interesting. Can't wait to see you in the gay marriage threads. :lol:

you said it was always unacceptable, you stupid fucking hypocrite. and in case you try it again, you fit the second definition in merriam-webster to a tee.

Hypocrite - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

Sarah palin fan are ya? Thats nice..... Now care to try and debate the points raised now? I can't stand palin, I think shes a fake. Also I think Steele is a corporate yes man. Despite this I am quite sure Obama is a tool for the UN, and the CO2 believers crowd are crooks out to make billions from a life tax known as cap and trade....

So lets dispense with the party-based bullshit attacks.... if you have an argument about the oil spill or what any of us have said than address that to us.....

So you do agree, palin is an idiot and this dumb republican line of drill baby drill is idiotic. Now back to the continual oil spills. Lets look into alternative energy sources and stop relying on oil.

I know the last president was an oil man, I know oil is huge in Alaska, but this is a new ideiology in the white house I hope. Lets stop being reliant on oil and figure out a way to get energy. example...I live in Arizona and cant figure out why almost everything isnt run on solar power here.

But BFD? wow.

If all of your above statement is SO important to you, why do you support a gov that will tax all the above into oblivion?

Okay, it is time.... oil occurs naturally on this planet. Currently we use it for energy and to manufacture products. If you don't support using oil, stop buying products made from it. Buy products made locally so you are not adding to the transportation costs. Doing this will 'reduce' the demand for oil, less drilling will take place. If you truly believe that we can live without oil, then, lead by example. (Before we used petroleum oil, we used.....whale oil)

Oil spills. Oil spills occur naturally, also. "Tarpits" are an example of where oil is 'spilled', naturally, on the surface of the ground. There are also oil 'spills' under the ocean when 'some' underwater earthquakes allow a pocket of oil a path into ocean water. There is 'scientific' evidence this has been occurring for thousands of years. There is no way to stop it. The amount of oil 'leaking' or 'spilling' (if you prefer) has been reduced by man's use of the wonderous substance. In a sense, we have saved thousands of animals from being trapped in spills that would have occurred naturally, if we had not tapped that source and used the oil to help build a nation and a world.
Yes, it is ugly. Can you imagine what New Orleans or NYC would be like without fossil fuels providing energy to pump out sewage and bring in 'clean' water?
If you are sincere about 'getting off of oil', please lead the way and keep us posted on how that is working for you. If it works for you, many will join you, if it works for them, many more will join them, and in 'no time' we will not be 'oil dependent'. Thanks for taking the lead.

So you do agree, palin is an idiot and this dumb republican line of drill baby drill is idiotic. Now back to the continual oil spills. Lets look into alternative energy sources and stop relying on oil.

I know the last president was an oil man, I know oil is huge in Alaska, but this is a new ideiology in the white house I hope. Lets stop being reliant on oil and figure out a way to get energy. example...I live in Arizona and cant figure out why almost everything isnt run on solar power here.

Dude they are all oil men.. The world is run on oil like it or not. To pretend one candidate isn't is just living in a dream world.

The reality is solar power efficiency is 10-17 percent a peak and optimum performance currently.... And by most standards the 17 is reaching. Most never get above 12 percent efficiency... Also even if you could put solar panels on every roof top and on every open area you could find, you would still need batteries to store the energy otherwise no energy at night or for early mornings, or for the later evenings. Until solar panels can get to reasonable rate of exchange or conversion rate it is not going to happen. Hospitals cannot wait for a sunny day to have an emergency. People who work nights and sleep days also need energy....

What do you expect all those factories running a second or third shift to fire all those people because a few people want to use solar power? Right, let me know much support you will get once jobs are lost, revenue lost from businesses unable to function at night, and all the other little things that will go with that.

Also, the fact we being pushed to use more and more electrical equipment. Lawnmowers for instance... The largest number of them run on petroleum, but people are being pressured to use electric ones. When we get to the point thats all we are allowed to use (and it will happen sooner or later), that will be more electricity used. how about electric cars (also going to happen), how do you suppose we power those chargers on solar power?

THese are the realities that almost none on the AGW side even consider. They take the extreme statements and fears and run with them without thinking this through at all....

No Tuba,

The problem with us is that unlike yourself we are educated and realize that sometimes doing nothing is the best course of action. Let me enlighten you a little..

Over twenty years ago there were some good hearted environmentalists who decided that they wanted to protect deer from cold hearted hunters in Arizona. The first thing they did was a little research and they found that the Kaibab Plateau was a good place to put critters because no evil hunters could get to them.

The next thing they did was round up a whole passel of deer and shipped them to the plateau where they left them to their own devices. In due time the deer ate everything on the plateau and died because there were no predators to keep their numbers under control.

So in the end what was achieved for all of that massive expense? A few hundred deer starved to death and the Kaibab Plateau is now sterile....nothing lives on it anymore. In a few more decades plants will no doubt return (that is of course if humans havn't allready replanted them...the last I heard (5 years ago) this had not been done) and then regular critters will once again inhabit the plateau.

So are environmentalists bad people? No they are merely good hearted folks who don't understand the true nature of...well nature. They allow their emotions to interfere with good common sense and the critters in the long run pay for it. They allways do because the enviros in the long run only care that it was the "right" thing to do and it makes them feel good about themselves. The fact that what they did was an unmitigated failure never enters into the picture.

But BFD? wow.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back