Specualtive fear mongering runs amok.

You cant refute the facts I have provided that they are completely different huh?

I certainly cannot refute your OPINION that what happened in Iran cannot possibly happen in Egypt, even though most reasonable and intellectually honest people understand that Egypt's future is uncertain.

Why are you refusing the facts that show they are NOT the same?

Why are you siding with the ahmadiejad rewrite of history on this one?

The only person refusing to acknowledge facts here is you.

Sure there are differences, but you insist that there are no similarities. You couldn't possibly be more wrong, although I've seen you try.

OMG! Egypt will be a Mulsim Sahria law nation and will spread in the middle east and doom Israel!

Pathetic media.

And it is well reflected on here.

Pay close attention. I think it was on Fox News.. that an "expert" pointed out that years and years ago women in Egypt walked around "uncovered" now they do not. Not to mention the female genitalia mutilation. That tells me everything I need to know about which way this mop is gonna flop. Yep.

Last edited:
You cant refute the facts I have provided that they are completely different huh?

I certainly cannot refute your OPINION that what happened in Iran cannot possibly happen in Egypt, even though most reasonable and intellectually honest people understand that Egypt's future is uncertain.
TM is not bound by reason or intellectually honesty.

Meeh... maybe some support for those who would build a secular government?

Or we could try TM's approach of burying our heads in the Sahara.

support in what manner?
Money? Military presence? Sending them tea bags?
Moral support, maybe something like "Radio Free Egypt"
Maybe we could stop spending money on teaching Africans how to wash their penis long enough to finance a few radio ads for those that would have a secular government.

I think we still have "The Voice of America" on shortwave.
I have not listened to SW in years though and not sure what is on it now.

But surely the new Arabic Fox channel is punishment enough for those people?

OMG; barack owebama is jimmy carter II
I wonder how long until we see the return of the "Misery Index".

Ohh about the same time we bring back"Whip Inflation Now" aka WIN founded by Nixon.
And another Wage and Price freeze?
Anyone else remember those things?
hint it was just before the president that never was elected as President or Vice president.

I think the power to control Egypt is up for grabs. All those united in bringing down Mubarak will now all split off into factions and fight each other. I hope they enjoy their brief time acting as one.

Ruhollah Khomeini - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Establishment of new governmentAs Khomeini's movement gained momentum, soldiers began to defect to his side and Khomeini declared jihad on soldiers who did not surrender.[66] On 11 February, as revolt spread and armories were taken over, the military declared neutrality and the Bakhtiar regime collapsed.[67] On 30 and 31 March 1979, a referendum to replace the monarchy with an Islamic Republic passed with 98% voting in favour of the replacement,[68] but controversially the referendum was posed as a single question: "should the monarchy be abolished in favour of an Islamic Government?"

That worked out real well huh. Funny how Iran recently got more Obama support than Egypt. Why is that TM??? Why didn't Obama support peaceful protest in Iran???

but we do not know it will happen in Egypt, saying it will is just speculative fear mongering at his point.

Saying that anything WILL happen is speculative.

Saying that it could happen is merely being objective and mindful of the region's history.

:clap2:

Apparently, to the left, being objective and mindful is fear mongering.

specualtion is being objective?

ob·jec·tive (b-jktv)
adj.
1. Of or having to do with a material object.
2. Having actual existence or reality.
a. Uninfluenced by emotions or personal prejudices: an objective critic. See Synonyms at fair1.
b. Based on observable phenomena; presented factually: an objective appraisal.
4. Medicine Indicating a symptom or condition perceived as a sign of disease by someone other than the person affected.
5. Grammar
a. Of, relating to, or being the case of a noun or pronoun that serves as the object of a verb.
b. Of or relating to a noun or pronoun used in this case.
n.
1. Something that actually exists.
2. Something worked toward or striven for; a goal. See Synonyms at intention.
3. Grammar
a. The objective case.
b. A noun or pronoun in the objective case.
4. The lens or lens system in a microscope or other optical instrument that first receives light rays from the object and forms the image. Also called object glass, objective lens, object lens.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

spec·u·la·tion (spky-lshn)
n.
a. Contemplation or consideration of a subject; meditation.
b. A conclusion, opinion, or theory reached by conjecture.
c. Reasoning based on inconclusive evidence; conjecture or supposition.
a. Engagement in risky business transactions on the chance of quick or considerable profit.
b. A commercial or financial transaction involving speculation

objective - definition of objective by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

Last edited:
Saying that anything WILL happen is speculative.

Saying that it could happen is merely being objective and mindful of the region's history.

:clap2:

Apparently, to the left, being objective and mindful is fear mongering.

specualtion is being objective?

ob·jec·tive (b-jktv)
adj.
1. Of or having to do with a material object.
2. Having actual existence or reality.
a. Uninfluenced by emotions or personal prejudices: an objective critic. See Synonyms at fair1.
b. Based on observable phenomena; presented factually: an objective appraisal.
4. Medicine Indicating a symptom or condition perceived as a sign of disease by someone other than the person affected.
5. Grammar
a. Of, relating to, or being the case of a noun or pronoun that serves as the object of a verb.
b. Of or relating to a noun or pronoun used in this case.
n.
1. Something that actually exists.
2. Something worked toward or striven for; a goal. See Synonyms at intention.
3. Grammar
a. The objective case.
b. A noun or pronoun in the objective case.
4. The lens or lens system in a microscope or other optical instrument that first receives light rays from the object and forms the image. Also called object glass, objective lens, object lens.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

spec·u·la·tion (spky-lshn)
n.
a. Contemplation or consideration of a subject; meditation.
b. A conclusion, opinion, or theory reached by conjecture.
c. Reasoning based on inconclusive evidence; conjecture or supposition.
a. Engagement in risky business transactions on the chance of quick or considerable profit.
b. A commercial or financial transaction involving speculation

objective - definition of objective by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

How sweet of you. It's a pity you don't read the definitions. If you did, you would find...

Objective: Based on observable phenomena; presented factually: an objective appraisal.

No one is 'fear mongering', we are, however, being rational, thoughtful and considering the potential consequences of the current situation. That is critical thinking. It is a skill not commonly found on the left... the left are prone to overly emotional, hysteria and trivialization.

Yes, there is such a thing as objective speculation.

I thought everyone understood that.

It appears I overestimate when I assume a minimum level of intellect.

well, for now the military is in charge over there, and they will not like a islamic theeocracy,,,but the MB's will do anything and everything to try and create the caliphate

OMG; barack owebama is jimmy carter II
I wonder how long until we see the return of the "Misery Index".

they don't bring that up anymore....you know, doesn't fit in with the muzak, like oh, poverty at an all time high etc....

wait, wait....bbbbboooooooooosssssssshhhhhhhhh:lol:

I almost forgot about that

The US Misery Index
Misery Index (10.9) = Unemployment rate (9.4) + Inflation rate (1.5)
The United States Misery Index

Forum List

Back