Specualtive fear mongering runs amok.

It happened in Iran.

but we do not know it will happen in Egypt, saying it will is just speculative fear mongering at his point.

:lol::lol: Don't you think that vast amounts of analysts in a variety of government agencies, both in the US and around the western world, are busily 'scenario' building on this situation in order to inform our Administration?

That's not 'fear mongering', you idiot, it's called critical thinking. No one is saying 'this is how it will go'.... we are saying 'we need to be careful that we don't allow this to happen again'.

Only total idiots or naive fools don't look at Egypt with some concern.

Yeah analysts did such a great job on Afganistan and Iraq didn't they?

OMG! Egypt will be a Mulsim Sahria law nation...

It happened in Iran.

but we do not know it will happen in Egypt, saying it will is just speculative fear mongering at his point.
Are life boats on cruise ships fear mongering? All we are saying is that Egypt has a potential to turn into another Iran. The odds are the debatable part.
It's my opinion that the odds are far greater with barack obama and hillary clinton in charge of our foreign policy.

:lol::lol: Don't you think that vast amounts of analysts in a variety of government agencies, both in the US and around the western world, are busily 'scenario' building on this situation in order to inform our Administration?

That's not 'fear mongering', you idiot, it's called critical thinking. No one is saying 'this is how it will go'.... we are saying 'we need to be careful that we don't allow this to happen again'.

And Pearl Harbor, 9/11, and the 2008 Financial Crisis........Big Government: Here to Serve and Protect!!!

Obviously, we need to spend more $$$ on analysts:eusa_shhh:

Why are you refusing the facts that show they are NOT the same?

Why are you siding with the ahmadiejad rewrite of history on this one?

There is a significant risk that they will end up the same. Why do you refuse to see that?

Anything is possible. Should we send troops over there and kill some Egyptians or something?
Just what do you recommend?

Meeh... maybe some support for those who would build a secular government?

Or we could try TM's approach of burying our heads in the Sahara.

OMG! Egypt will be a Mulsim Sahria law nation and will spread in the middle east and doom Israel!

Pathetic media.

And it is well reflected on here.

Actually, I thought it was just the opposite. What channel you watching, uscitizen? I been keeping CNN on most of the day...they are orgasming over the Revolution Without A Shot Fired.

I actually watched some Fox earlier today just to get their feel on the Egypt thing.
They were interviewing one of their people in Telavive (sp?) I thought funny, and some ex CIA guy that now runs a rent a mercernary security outfit.
I got the gloom and doom from them. And from threads on here.

I watched fox for a while yesterday and they had a panel, one guy in particular, from the WilsonCenter.org : About : About Woodrow Wilson. agreed wiht the proviso to beware, and, HE SAID; that obama and the 'US' should have kept quiet after the first week and we had basically shot our wad ala influence in the ME....go figure.

That wasn't the fault of the analysts, you idiot, that was the politicians.

Analysts only provide information to inform policy, they are not responsible for what the government does with that information.

Jeeeez, you are really quite dumb, aren't you?

Analysts only provide information to inform policy, they are not responsible for what the government does with that information.

Correct: Politicians analyze nothing.

:tongue:

There is a significant risk that they will end up the same. Why do you refuse to see that?

Anything is possible. Should we send troops over there and kill some Egyptians or something?

support in what manner?
Money? Military presence? Sending them tea bags?

OMG! Egypt will be a Mulsim Sahria law nation...

It happened in Iran.

I'll start with do you know anything about the muslim brotherhood? And be forewarned I am prepared for anything to have to say.

THE Egyptian people have spoken, and we have spoken emphatically. In two weeks of peaceful demonstrations we have persistently demanded liberation and democracy. It was groups of brave, sincere Egyptians who initiated this moment of historical opportunity on Jan. 25, and the Muslim Brotherhood is committed to joining the national effort toward reform and progress.
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/10/opinion/10erian.html?_r=1

Last edited:

Worse still, they tend to ignore the apolitical information and go with whatever their political views dictate.... which is why we keep getting our foreign policy so wrong. But, let's not destroy the illusions of the fools who think Obama can walk on water.

A brief history of the Iranian Revolution | euronews, world news

The new regime enjoyed massive popular support, and set about reversing the Shah’s pro-Western policies which had been largely underpinned by the American and British secret services.

Following a national referendum, the establishment of the Islamic Republic of Iran was announced on April 1, 1979.

Um...thanks for the update from 32 years ago TM.

You don't get out much, do you.....:lol:

She should try reading more from actual Iranians about how they feel about their 'Republic'. But, again, that would destroy her illusions.

why are you now trying to pretend providing the history of Iran is a defense of its horrible government?

Worse still, they tend to ignore the apolitical information and go with whatever their political views dictate.... which is why we keep getting our foreign policy so wrong. But, let's not destroy the illusions of the fools who think Obama can walk on water.

I think Obama is a 3rd Bush term, but this has nothing to do with the fearmongering about Egypt and the ME.

or does it.... hmmm

support in what manner?
Money? Military presence? Sending them tea bags?
Moral support, maybe something like "Radio Free Egypt"
Maybe we could stop spending money on teaching Africans how to wash their penis long enough to finance a few radio ads for those that would have a secular government.

Forum List

Back