Southern history and the truth

Give me liberty or give me death - Patrick Henry

Way to take a quote out of context, he was talking about something else entirely. lol

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!

Notwithstanding the American Revolution, the one crime the founders saw fit to include in the constitution was treason.

Why do you think that would be?
That's because of the Crown of England's habit of charging whoever it felt like with treason and tossing them in the Tower of London indefinitely. Treason was clearly defined in the Constitution so that it would have a clear legal definition and clearer standards of evidence from the get-go to prevent a U.S. government from doing the same thing.

You'd have to ask the southerners. I'm betting Texas would want to be its own republic.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. There are a few wackos that would think so. I believe we've all turned out fine in regards to the U.S. and the North winning the Civil War. I do think that every state should be able to support itself, food, energy, education. None of this getting food, toys, etc... from China and other states. I think states should be able to support themselves as if they were their own country.

Forum List

Back