This is stupid...

Discussion in 'Education' started by BrianH, Apr 10, 2008.

1. BrianH

BrianH Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +238
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,349488,00.html

:wtf: Why would SWAT need to take up an antique grenade that had no explosives in it. This is a pretty rediculous event. Let the frickin kid show and tell about a grenade that cannot explode...good grief.

2. Ravi

Ravi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,775
    Maybe the little boy was a muslim.

3. AllieBaba

AllieBaba BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,650
    Our wonderful, intelligent, liberal teachers. Making schools a better place through panic, propoganda, and idiocy all around.

4. AllieBaba

AllieBaba BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,650
    No, a Muslim would have gotten a pass, because it would have been culturally insensitive to object to any behavior.

A Christian child, though...that's a different story.

5. Ravi

Ravi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,775
    Allie, I've come to the conclusion that you are actually a Democrat on the payroll posing as a Republican to make Republicans look stupid.

You had me going for awhile, but you've haven't deviated from your script. Better luck next time.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. eots

eots no fly list

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,606
    this is like one of rgs..made up i bet if he where a muslim...i bet if he was a lefty..i bet they would say..

we used to be able to buy old gerenades with holes drilled through them at the army surplus when i was a kid..

7. AllieBaba

AllieBaba BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,650
    Ah, it's "stupid" to assume prejudice against Christian kids, but not stupid to assume prejudice against Muslim ones.

8. AllieBaba

AllieBaba BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,650
    Er..I didn't make the first comment about "I bet he was a..." I just followed up.

The last time I was in a surplus store (okay, 5 years ago?) there were dead grenades there.

9. BrianH

BrianH Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +238
    This is the same kind of crap that goes along with parents shielding their kids from looking or handling firearms. The fact that this kid can even show a grenade (that cannot be detonated) in school for show-and-tell is rediculous.

This is the same logic that anti-gun people use....Guns are bad!! Never touch them!! They kill people!!!...Well so do knives, pencils, football helmets, and a slew of other things. These kids need to be educated in this kind of stuff so they know how to handle a situation when they're faced with it.

My father taught me about guns since I was little, let me hold them, taught me safety, told me (as a child) that if I ever wanted to look at them, to come ask him and he would show me. He also said that if I was at anyone's house, and they got out a gun, then I should leave.
    We need to educate our kids about this stuff without treating it like it's all bad. This grenade would not have exploded, and people knew that, yet they still chose to flip out and evacuate a school over it. They should have taught the kids to know the difference if a grenade is live or not. If it's gotta big hole in the bottom and there is nothing inside, you can look at it, but if it doesn't put it down and don't jack with the pin.

10. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    Repeat after me: We must be protected from ourselves by those that know better ....:eusa_shifty: