Southern Border...Lake and Abbott

What has Abbott done to secure the Texas Border?
Is it working?

Lake, if elected, has a plan......
During a television interview Lake was asked about her wild campaign rhetoric, particularly the part where she has says that, if elected, she would declare an “invasion” on the southern border and send National Guard troops and who knows what else down there, supposedly over the influx of the deadly drug fentanyl.
She is nuts. They are trained (at least to an extent) in dealing with civil disturbance, but drug interdiction missions are not generally on the training schedule, and it is not like she is dumb enough to issue shoot to kill orders on unarmed migrants, or that your sons and daughters would do it, if ordered.

What has Abbott done to secure the Texas Border?
Is it working?

Lake, if elected, has a plan......
During a television interview Lake was asked about her wild campaign rhetoric, particularly the part where she has says that, if elected, she would declare an “invasion” on the southern border and send National Guard troops and who knows what else down there, supposedly over the influx of the deadly drug fentanyl.

Yeah, far better than your moron in chief who ordered Arizona to open a breach in the wall.

DURRRRRR

She is nuts. They are trained (at least to an extent) in dealing with civil disturbance, but drug interdiction missions are not generally on the training schedule, and it is not like she is dumb enough to issue shoot to kill orders on unarmed migrants, or that your sons and daughters would do it, if ordered.

You really don't get it do you.

The southern border is under control of the drug cartels.

You KILL THEM!

You really don't get it do you.

The southern border is under control of the drug cartels.

You KILL THEM!
Head on down there. Nobody stopping you.
Seriously though, about the only thing I would change regarding the Guard missions being carried out on the border, would be loosening of the rules of engagement, so if weapons spotted, they could freely engage. I have heard there have been incidences where they did not return fire, as not all armed with live ammunition or they needed permission to engage. I have no problem with shooting cartel drug smugglers if they resist capture or open fire. I have also heard, sometimes the armed are the cartel enforcers, while the actual drug carrying mule peasants are just dumbass migrants doing what they are told to keep from being shot by the cartels themselves. So, it is not a simple situation.

Seriously though, about the only thing I would change regarding the Guard missions being carried out on the border, would be loosening of the rules of engagement, so if weapons spotted, they could freely engage. I have heard there have been incidences where they did not return fire, as not all armed with live ammunition or they needed permission to engage. I have no problem with shooting cartel drug smugglers if they resist capture or open fire. I have also heard, sometimes the armed are the cartel enforcers, while the actual drug carrying mule peasants are just dumbass migrants doing what they are told to keep from being shot by the cartels themselves. So, it is not a simple situation.
It is more simple than you think. Shoot the drug carrying mules. Done.
Then where is the declaration of war?
Why would you need a declaration of war? Read Article IV, section 4. It never mentions a declaration of war.

Did Abbott do that?
Can Abbott do that?

Border states have a lot of restrictions of what they can do. Years ago Arizona created their own immigration policies, and DumBama ran to the courts and had them stooped. The problem is, their border policies worked. Schools and construction companies reported only half the people showing up for work or school. They got the hell out of that state.

Naw, she'll be able to put them on buses to LA, SF, Portland and even your wonderful sanctuary cities in the Puget Sound. Then you and Jay Inslee can deal with them. Happy?
Why can't she do that now? She gets political donations. She could just charter a bus, or get some charter contributions and doing without warning is a political stunt. Being a border state, she has aliens to work with, not having to send 800 miles outsider her own state, just to trick some into participating in her photo op. Or are you saying she should wait to see if she wins and can maybe stick the voters with the bill, saving her political booty?

The only way to change is to change the law.
Nope, Arizona can't defend the US border, but it can declare an Arizona border inside that, even if only by a few feet or meters and defend that. Then Arizona border security becomes a state issue that the federal government has no jurisdiction over. Just like in Arizona concealed carry WITHOUT a permit is legal and a few feet away in California it's a crime.

In most or all cases the people actually carrying the drugs are illegal immigrants, not cartel members. The illegal immigrants won't fight for the cartels, they will lay down upon command by Arizona forces and let the cartel soldiers and American troops shoot it out.

Could be because she isn't governor, moron.
The only thing different in tricking people to get on a bus out of the state, would be who picks up the tab. Political donations are free fungible money to be blown at the politician's whim on political ads, stunt, and other expenses. It is just not important enough to her and the people that support her to support, until they can stick the bill to the whole state, having her cake and eating it too at the voter's expense. You or I could do the same. We just don't care enough to spend our money on it, and no political brownie points to be made for us. DeSantis got good right-wing publicity off his stunt, and stuck Floridians with the bill.

Forum List

Back