South Park

http://www.southparkstudios.com/

From today's Comedy Central Press Release:
The boys' lives are in danger when they're trapped in the Cave of the Winds in an all-new episode of "South Park" premiering Wednesday, April 26 at 10:00 P.M. on Comedy Central

While searching for a way out of the cave, Cartman discovers treasure in an all-new episode of “South Park” titled “Manbearpig” premiering Wednesday, April 26 at 10 p.m. on Comedy Central.

After the cave-in, all the exits are blocked off and Stan, Kyle, Kenny and Cartman are all alone. Only one person knows they’re trapped under all the debris and he’s not telling. Cartman‘s only thought is how to get the treasure out without sharing it with the rest of the boys.

I really can't remember the last South Park episode that didn't have at least four or five big laughs, so even though this one doesn't necessarily sound great, I'm sure it will still be good.

Interesting poll: what was the last South Park that you didn't like at all? Bonus question: has there ever been a South Park that truly offended you?

The last one I didn't like was "I'm a Little Bit Country" It just wasn't funny. I've never been offended by South Park. Nothing really offends me anyway.

Oh, man! "If you don't like America, you can GIIIIIIIIT out!" That was one of my favorite episodes!

I never really get offended, either. The last one that really didn't do much for me was the one last season where Butters was dressed up as a girl, they were calling him Marjorine. The bit at the end where his parents chain him up in the basement was funny, but it was definitely sub-par.

Didnt like the one with Garrison becoming a woman and them showing the penis getting chopped off. It was offensive to me in that they showed a real operation for the whats a called its. Transexuals. Not neccassarily offensive in that im against transexuals. It was offensive that they showed a penis getting chopped off.

:puke3:

Dan said:
That one was WEIRD. I think Towelie's comment about how it's not good to try and write things when you're high may have been a little hint-hint about the show.

Pretty easy week for the animators, I guess. I liked it, I laughed a lot, but it's funny to me that they can still be so weird and off-the-wall.

I thought the funniest line was when towlie would retort "Your a towel." when ever someone would call him a towel. It was stupid but funny. the whole Oprah's minge thing i didnt get at all where they were going with that. I dont think shes going to like it though.

insein said:
I thought the funniest line was when towlie would retort "Your a towel." when ever someone would call him a towel. It was stupid but funny. the whole Oprah's minge thing i didnt get at all where they were going with that. I dont think shes going to like it though.

What about Gary? I mean, really....

I thought that one dropped flat... If they were in diving class that would be a belly flop.

Didnt like the one with Garrison becoming a woman and them showing the penis getting chopped off. It was offensive to me in that they showed a real operation for the whats a called its. Transexuals. Not neccassarily offensive in that im against transexuals. It was offensive that they showed a penis getting chopped off.

Yeah, that was sick, I'd forgotten about that (or maybe I'd blocked it out). Gotta respect them for going that far, though. It's kinda like the gay kiss in Wet Hot American Summer: it's a really funny idea, but I'd rather not see it.

To tell the truth, I get the impression they were just stuck for ideas this week and thought up the Minge/Gary thing at the last second. That would account for the animation, or lack thereof.

I did think it had some funny stuff, though. Oprah with a gun sticking out of her zipper was hilarious to me, I don't know why.

Dan said:
Yeah, that was sick, I'd forgotten about that (or maybe I'd blocked it out). Gotta respect them for going that far, though. It's kinda like the gay kiss in Wet Hot American Summer: it's a really funny idea, but I'd rather not see it.

To tell the truth, I get the impression they were just stuck for ideas this week and thought up the Minge/Gary thing at the last second. That would account for the animation, or lack thereof.

I did think it had some funny stuff, though. Oprah with a gun sticking out of her zipper was hilarious to me, I don't know why.

you're a towel.

you're a towel.

Hahaha, that reminds me of the episode where the school mascots were debating.

"YOU'RE a turd sandwich."
"No, sir, if you look at the facts, I think you'll see that you are, in fact, the turd sandwich."
"YOU'RE a turd sandwich."

that episode was funny as hell! the p diddy vote or die song. classic!

Sharon: How was school today, Stanley?

Stan: It was ridiculous. We have to have a new school mascot and we're supposed to vote between a giant douche and a turd sandwich.

Sharon: ...What did you say?

Randy: Did you just say that... voting is ridiculous?

Stan: No, I think voting is great, but, if I have to choose between a douche and a turd, I just don't see the point.

Randy: [clenches his fists] You don't see the point!! Oh you young people just make me sick!

Sharon: Stanley, do you know how many people died so you could have the right to vote?!

Stan: Mom, a-I just don't think there's much of a difference between a douche and a turd. I d-I don't care.

Randy: You don't care?! You really want a turd sandwich as your school mascot?! On your football helmets?! A turd?!

Sharon: Well, hold on, Randy, I think a turd sandwich is a little better than them having a giant douche on their uniforms.

Randy: You're crazy!! A d-a douche is at least clean!

Sharon: It's sexist is what it is!

Randy: You don't understand the issues, Sharon!

Sharon: Are you calling me ignorant??

Randy: You think the school mascot should be a turd sandwich? Well you're not exactly Einstein!

That's got me laughing out loud. Randy Marsh is my favorite character now, I think. Sorry, Butters.

Oh, I also liked in that episode when those guys came to shoot the PETA people, when they're screaming "save the animals!!!" jumping in front of them and stuff. And then when the one guy gets shot in the head, a goat starts eating his brains and crapping on him.

AND, I also just remembered, that episode had the greatest ending ever. Stan finds out the mascot he voted for lost by a landslide.

Stan: So my vote didn't even count?
Randy: Hey, your vote always counts, whether you win or lose.
Random guy: Everyone! All the PETA members are dead, we can go back to being the Cows!
Randy (to Stan): now your vote doesn't count.

man they ripped on gore tonight! they kept saying gore had no friends and he's a loser. at the end when he put his cap on . cartman with the tresure. so funny.

OMG, i laughed literally for 10 minutes on the floor when cartman crapped the treasure out.

I think the reason last weeks episode was weak is because they didnt have the boys in it. Cartman is 90% of the reason i watch and he didnt disappoint this week.

I wish they would've ripped on Gore a little more. In case you guys didn't know, he has a movie coming out that's nothing but him doing a powerpoint presentation about how dangerous global warming is. I guess that's what Manbearpig was supposed to be.

Cartman with the jewelry was funny. Stan's "I feel bad for him, I don't think he has any friends" cracked me up big-time. But, this one was just beating the same two or three dead horses over and over again.

When the boys first got trapped in the cave, I really thought they were going to do a parody of the recent coal miners being trapped, which I..... Well, I'd have to give them props for having the balls to do that, but that would be way, way, WAY too soon.

Dan said:
Oh, I also liked in that episode when those guys came to shoot the PETA people, when they're screaming "save the animals!!!" jumping in front of them and stuff. And then when the one guy gets shot in the head, a goat starts eating his brains and crapping on him.

That was his wife... Don't you remember the marriage ceremony they walked in on when they first hit the PETA Camp?

That was his wife... Don't you remember the marriage ceremony they walked in on when they first hit the PETA Camp?

Yeah I just figured that wasn't important to the story. But it was funny. :D

Forum List

Back