South Korea vs Japan

Rodimus

Platinum Member
Dec 8, 2021
Which country is better overall, South Korea or Japan?

I say South Korea! :)

Which country is better overall, South Korea or Japan?

I say South Korea! :)
iu

South Koreans are friendlier, relatively, but I like Japan better as a country and place to visit. As far as Asia goes Viet Nam and Malaysia are better tourist spots, and Singapore is well worth a visit as a model city/state.

South Koreans are friendlier, relatively, but I like Japan better as a country and place to visit. As far as Asia goes Viet Nam and Malaysia are better tourist spots, and Singapore is well worth a visit as a model city/state.
i love both South Korea and Japan but South Korea is number one with me.

Both countries have pluses

Japan has a head start in business and technology but South Korea is catching up fast

Japan is more insular while South Korea is more international

korean music and films are bigger box office draws overseas

Both countries have pluses

Japan has a head start in business and technology but South Korea is catching up fast

Japan is more insular while South Korea is more international

korean music and films are bigger box office draws overseas
My favorite franchise Transformers came from Japan from Japanese Toy Company Takara and the Korean animation company AKOM created the last three episodes of Transformers, The Rebirth, which is my favorite episode or episodes of TransFormers.

Yonggary (Korean: 용가리; RR: Yonggari) is a 1999 South Korean monster film directed by Shim Hyung-rae and is a reimagining[4][5] of the character Yonggary, originating from the 1967 film Yongary, Monster from the Deep. Despite being a South Korean production, the film's principal cast consists of Western actors such as Harrison Young, Donna Phillipson, Richard B. Livingston, Briant Wells, Brad Sergi, Dan Cashman, and Bruce Cornwell.

Godzilla (Japanese: ゴジラ, Hepburn: Gojira, /ɡɒdˈzɪlə/; [ɡoꜜdʑiɾa] (About this soundlisten)) is a fictional monster, or kaiju, originating from a series of Japanese films.

I don't know, let's take it to the streets, and see who wins.

. . . well. That was quick.

:auiqs.jpg:

What if they got into a war? South Korea is probably better trained and has a more offensive military because of the constitution of Japan banning such.

South Korea probably has a better ground army and ability to project its power as it needs to because of fear North korea. China would probably be wiser to attack Japan after Taiwan then South Korea with this in mind.

I've lived for years in both countries... they both have pluses and minuses...

Japan is more liveable for gaijin than is Korea for waeguk saram.

What if they got into a war? South Korea is probably better trained and has a more offensive military because of the constitution of Japan banning such.

South Korea probably has a better ground army and ability to project its power as it needs to because of fear North korea. China would probably be wiser to attack Japan after Taiwan then South Korea with this in mind.
Let's hope there is no war anywhere.

I've lived for years in both countries... they both have pluses and minuses...

Japan is more liveable for gaijin than is Korea for waeguk saram.
Both South Korea and Japan are very safe in terms of crime.

My favorite franchise Transformers came from Japan from Japanese Toy Company Takara and the Korean animation company AKOM created the last three episodes of Transformers, The Rebirth, which is my favorite episode or episodes of TransFormers.
My kid was nuts about Transformers.

I know all the Cybertron series. . . and then, of course, he had to have the original movie with Orson Welles, Eric Idle, and Weird Al.

:71:

iu

I know nothing about Transformers

However Japan seems to have a lead in that genre

but in feature films and music Korea is more becoming the leader

Such as K-pop boy or girl bands
True. The Korean Government created those kpop groups. They wanted to spread Korean culture around the world.

My kid was nuts about Transformers.

I know all the Cybertron series. . . and then, of course, he had to have the original movie with Orson Welles, Eric Idle, and Weird Al.

:71:

iu

There I am above :) Rodimus Prime with the matrix of leadership

True. The Korean Government created those kpop groups. They wanted to spread Korean culture around the world.
To be honest, there are a lot of Bolex watches and Godova chocolates and the like in South Korea. K-pop was born as a knock-off of J-pop. It certainly has become popular though. A Chinese version is starting to hit popularity in the region now (of course). Korean TV dramas are hugely popular in Japan. A lot of Japanese obahan taking classes in Korean so they can watch in the original.

To be honest, there are a lot of Bolex watches and Godova chocolates and the like in South Korea. K-pop was born as a knock-off of J-pop. It certainly has become popular though. A Chinese version is starting to hit popularity in the region now (of course). Korean TV dramas are hugely popular in Japan. A lot of Japanese obahan taking classes in Korean so they can watch in the original.
South Korea has tons of Hagwons or English Academies throughout the country. I think the United States needs Hagwons to help all these Non-English speakers learn American-English in the United States. It's especially needed for the Adult English Learners.

South Korea has tons of Hagwons or English Academies throughout the country. I think the United States needs Hagwons to help all these Non-English speakers learn American-English in the United States. It's especially needed for the Adult English Learners.

Forum List

Back