South Dakota bill would legalize murder

Killing a doctor who performs abortions could soon be legal in South Dakota -- that is, if a bill passed out of committee in the state House of Representatives on Monday, which makes it a "justifiable homicide" for someone to kill anyone attempting to harm an unborn child, becomes law.
State Rep. Phil Jensen (R), who introduced the bill, was quick to deny that the law is designed to prevent women from having abortions, telling TPM that it is instead a way to provide "consistency" to South Dakota law, and afford "a greater degree of personhood to an unborn child."

South Dakota Bill Could Legalize Murder Of Abortion Providers | TPMDC

exactly why i say the loons are 'pro birth', not 'pro life'.

they keep getting more and more desperate and more and more disgusting.

I wish I can go back in my memory banks and remember the case. In the late 19th century. A man beat the crap out of a pregnant woman and the baby died. He was charged with homicide, but the court convicted him only with battery. The court held the fetus was not a person until he breathed his first breath, therefore, it couldn't be homicide! But that is a moot point because the laws have been changed to protect the fetus from violence other then an termination via a willful abortion/

If this law is held to infringe on abortion rights, then it will be held unconstitutitonal! End of story.

Killing a doctor who performs abortions could soon be legal in South Dakota -- that is, if a bill passed out of committee in the state House of Representatives on Monday, which makes it a "justifiable homicide" for someone to kill anyone attempting to harm an unborn child, becomes law.
State Rep. Phil Jensen (R), who introduced the bill, was quick to deny that the law is designed to prevent women from having abortions, telling TPM that it is instead a way to provide "consistency" to South Dakota law, and afford "a greater degree of personhood to an unborn child."

Democrats have ordered people exterminated for their religion in American history.

We can play these partisan games all day long. Ultimately the only one responsible for anything is the idiot who proposed the Bill.

I wish I can go back in my memory banks and remember the case. In the late 19th century. A man beat the crap out of a pregnant woman and the baby died. He was charged with homicide, but the court convicted him only with battery. The court held the fetus was not a person until he breathed his first breath, therefore, it couldn't be homicide! But that is a moot point because the laws have been changed to protect the fetus from violence other then an termination via a willful abortion/

If this law is held to infringe on abortion rights, then it will be held unconstitutitonal! End of story.

It didn't turn out that way for the guy who murdered his pregnant wife. A very famous case, he's in prison. anyway he murdered a pregnant wife and got charged for both murders. He's on death row. Remember?? he was seeing some blonde bimbo who came forward?? They found the murdered wife and baby in a plastic bag in San Francisco Bay......Jeezzz I'll remember his name one day..

The definition of Terrorism is as follows:

ter·ror·ism [ter-uh-riz-uhm]
–noun
the use of violence and threats to intimidate or coerce, especially for political purposes.

Since abortion is a legal act, there is no legal rationalization for committing acts of violence against people who perform the act.

Thus because this is clearly a political issue, and not a legal one, this legislation clearly endorses the use of terrorism.

Specifically, it does this by enabling terrorists to commit acts of terrorism without fear of legal retribution.

If the South Dakota legislature passes this law, they become, by definition, a state sponsor of Terrorism.

Sounds to me like this is an issue for Homeland Security.

Last edited:
Note that I am not even bothering to argue the merits or lack of merits of the abortion issue. I am simply stating the legal ramifications of this particular bit of ridiculous legislation.

Nice Images Skook. Not really sure what they have to do with the thread. Seems like you're spamming to distract from the issue.

There's no other way to say this..... :cuckoo:

February 15, 2011

"A law under consideration in South Dakota would expand the definition of "justifiable homicide" to include killings that are intended to prevent harm to a fetus—a move that could make it legal to kill doctors who perform abortions. The Republican-backed legislation, House Bill 1171, has passed out of committee on a nine-to-three party-line vote, and is expected to face a floor vote in the state's GOP-dominated House of Representatives soon.

The bill, sponsored by state Rep. Phil Jensen, a committed foe of abortion rights, alters the state's legal definition of justifiable homicide by adding language stating that a homicide is permissible if committed by a person "while resisting an attempt to harm" that person's unborn child or the unborn child of that person's spouse, partner, parent, or child. If the bill passes, it could in theory allow a woman's father, mother, son, daughter, or husband to kill anyone who tried to provide that woman an abortion—even if she wanted one."

Yes, or kill anyone threatening the pregnant mother, or involved in a car accident, or selling the mother drugs or alcoholic beverages. Sounds good to me.

Democrats have ordered people exterminated for their religion in American history.

We can play these partisan games all day long. Ultimately the only one responsible for anything is the idiot who proposed the Bill.

People wonder why their taxes are so high.:eusa_whistle:

That would be awesome. So a couple could go in together for an abortion and the husband could shoot the doctor and they could go around doing that all day long. Awesome!

There's no other way to say this..... :cuckoo:

February 15, 2011

"A law under consideration in South Dakota would expand the definition of "justifiable homicide" to include killings that are intended to prevent harm to a fetus—a move that could make it legal to kill doctors who perform abortions. The Republican-backed legislation, House Bill 1171, has passed out of committee on a nine-to-three party-line vote, and is expected to face a floor vote in the state's GOP-dominated House of Representatives soon.

The bill, sponsored by state Rep. Phil Jensen, a committed foe of abortion rights, alters the state's legal definition of justifiable homicide by adding language stating that a homicide is permissible if committed by a person "while resisting an attempt to harm" that person's unborn child or the unborn child of that person's spouse, partner, parent, or child. If the bill passes, it could in theory allow a woman's father, mother, son, daughter, or husband to kill anyone who tried to provide that woman an abortion—even if she wanted one."

endorse deez nutz faggot......

If someone witnessed another person trying to kill an abortion doctor in the act of performing an abortion, would that bystander be allowed to use deadly force against the assailant?

Forum List

Back