South Africa - White woman gets 2-3 years prison for INSULTING black cop

Well, she was told. It said on her form when she was released.

Ignorance of the law is not an excuse.
How do you know what was on her form when she was released?

You think 5 years in prison fits the crime?

Because it says.

Texas woman jailed for illegally voting

"
During her voter fraud trial, she acknowledged having signed a document at the polling station that asks voters whether they have a felony conviction and if they have completed their sentence, including supervised release.

But she testified in court she did not notice that part because an election worker was helping her with the ballot."

Texas woman sentenced to prison for voting illegally in 2016 presidential election - CNNPolitics

""She signed and affirmed a document which clearly stated that (1) she was prohibited from voting due to her status as a convicted felon still serving her term of supervision, and (2) she would be committing a second degree felony if she lied about her status," Wilson said. "The judge found her guilty of illegal voting beyond a reasonable doubt.""

Okay, so she signed a document which said she couldn't vote. She didn't bother to read it.
She then went to vote, and signed a form which said she wasn't a convicted felon, she didn't read it.

She also got locked up for cheating the system.

So, either she can't read, he problem, or she doesn't bother to read, her problem, or she's an idiot, her problem.

Either way, she broke the law.

5 years for illegally voting..... I don't know whether this is fair. You could compare 5 years with other crimes.

Were the US elections actually worth anything, maybe I'd think years were worth something. But her vote didn't count anyway, Texas votes Republican no matter what and gets all the electoral college seats.

But that's a different matter.

Because it says.

"
During her voter fraud trial, she acknowledged having signed a document at the polling station that asks voters whether they have a felony conviction and if they have completed their sentence, including supervised release.

But she testified in court she did not notice that part because an election worker was helping her with the ballot."

Texas woman sentenced to prison for voting illegally in 2016 presidential election - CNNPolitics

""She signed and affirmed a document which clearly stated that (1) she was prohibited from voting due to her status as a convicted felon still serving her term of supervision, and (2) she would be committing a second degree felony if she lied about her status," Wilson said. "The judge found her guilty of illegal voting beyond a reasonable doubt.""

Okay, so she signed a document which said she couldn't vote. She didn't bother to read it.
She then went to vote, and signed a form which said she wasn't a convicted felon, she didn't read it.

So, either she can't read, he problem, or she doesn't bother to read, her problem, or she's an idiot, her problem.

5 years for illegally voting..... I don't know whether this is fair. You could compare 5 years with other crimes.

Were the US elections actually worth anything, maybe I'd think years were worth something. But her vote didn't count anyway, Texas votes Republican no matter what and gets all the electoral college seats.

The Texas judge is a racist, piece of shit for her 5 years for an honest mistake.

And your hard line and lack of empathy towards her, speaks volumes.

Because it says.

"

The Texas judge is a racist, piece of shit for her 5 years for an honest mistake.

Does it really?

He's a racist because.... wait... because she's black?

Ohioan gets 5-year prison term for illegal voting

So, I guess this other judge is also a racist for sending this other black woman to prison for five years for illegally voting.

Illegal Voting Gets Texas Woman 8 Years in Prison, and Certain Deportation

And the judge in the case is an even bigger racist for sending this Hispanic woman to prison for eight years for illegally voting.

You can get between 2 and 20 years for illegally voting. Precedent suggests, right now, 5 to 8 years, this woman got 5 which is, as far as I can tell, the lowest prison term for this offense.

So, no, I think you're wrong about the judge. He was following precedent set around the country.

As for lacking empathy. Come off it. The woman is a convicted felon, and he crime was LYING.

Now she's here again, saying she A) didn't know the law and B) didn't read anything anyone gave to her and C) complaining no one told her about this when CLEARLY she signed TWO DOCUMENTS which stated she COULD NOT DO THIS.

She was told. Empathy? What empathy can you have for such people?

Because it says.

"

Does it really?

So, I guess this other judge is also a racist for sending this other black woman to prison for five years for illegally voting.

And the judge in the case is an even bigger racist for sending this Hispanic woman to prison for eight years for illegally voting.

You can get between 2 and 20 years for illegally voting. Precedent suggests, right now, 5 to 8 years, this woman got 5 which is, as far as I can tell, the lowest prison term for this offense.

So, no, I think you're wrong about the judge. He was following precedent set around the country.

As for lacking empathy. Come off it. The woman is a convicted felon, and he crime was LYING.

Now she's here again, saying she A) didn't know the law and B) didn't read anything anyone gave to her and C) complaining no one told her about this when CLEARLY she signed TWO DOCUMENTS which stated she COULD NOT DO THIS.

Do they give politicians 2-20 years for rigging elections? Surprise they punish voter fraud more than they do election rigging.

Geraldo lives in ny and Ohio. Do rich people who live in multiple states try to vote twice? How long do they go to prison for?

Does it really?

The punishment should fit the crime and in all these cases, it doesn't. That is the story here. Ridiculous sentences against people of color. And defending the actions of these judges, while dehumanizing these victims by deliberately not seeing their side of the story, is how your closet racism manifests.

Do they give politicians 2-20 years for rigging elections? Surprise they punish voter fraud more than they do election rigging.

Geraldo lives in ny and Ohio. Do rich people who live in multiple states try to vote twice? How long do they go to prison for?
How about the state officials who practice un-constitutional gerrymandering? I bet none of them have gone to jail and their crime is pretty bad. Denying people of color their representation in government.

Does it really?

The punishment should fit the crime and in all these cases, it doesn't. That is the story here. Ridiculous sentences against people of color. And defending the actions of these judges, while dehumanizing these victims by deliberately not seeing their side of the story, is how your closet racism manifests.
The judge doesn't just pull the sentence out of the air. It's based on law. You can't sentence someone to death for speeding no matter how racist or how black the defendant is.

Because it says.

"

You buy that it was an honest mistake? From someone who just did a few years for tax fraud? You dumb clown!

How about the state officials who practice un-constitutional gerrymandering? I bet none of them have gone to jail and their crime is pretty bad. Denying people of color their representation in government.

Why should blacks have representation when most are on welfare? THINK

Voting illegally is a serious crime. You can't understand that because you want all the illegal aliens voting too.
That's a crock of shit that rarely occurs. Voter fraud occurs .00002% of the time. And people here illegally, don't vote. The last thing someone here illegally wants, is for government to know where they live. And you can't vote without listing your mailing address.

Voter fraud is a right wing myth.

She was already on probation, stupid!
And he could've continued the probation, racist. Isn't bad enough they didn't count her vote?

No, it's not bad enough. The entire point of probation is that you're let out on supervision. If you commit another serious crime (or maybe you do so much as violate the terms of your probation), you go back to jail/prison.

I'd say so because it's well-known even to me that there are at least restrictions of felons voting and I'm not even a felon.
That's just another voter suppression tactic by the white right.
Shitskin felons shouldn't be voting anyway.

Forum List

Back