South Africa - White woman gets 2-3 years prison for INSULTING black cop

Like, walk down the street and shout "you're a fucking n*gger" at a black person you don't know.
That's not what she did. And even if it was, would two years in prison for issuing an insult be just or reasonable?

(Excerpt)

"Momberg, a former estate agent, was caught on video berating South African Police Service officers who had stopped to assist her after thieves broke into her car in Johannesburg. She repeatedly used a highly offensive slur that was commonly used to insult and demean black people during apartheid."

(Close)

If two n!ggers broke into my car I would be calling them n!ggers -- among other things. Basically that is what she did. Your effort to misleadingly distort and exaggerate the facts in this incident is typical and accounts for a considerable amount of racial disharmony. Why shouldn't these car burglars be subjected to verbal insults? Presuming she called them the equivalent of n!ggers, why should they be defended?

I didn't say this is what she did. You asked for an example.

Well, just because you'd call them "n*ggers" doesn't mean you shouldn't be locked up for it.

If you understood South Africa a little more you'd realize that not putting her in prison would actually be detrimental to the WHITE COMMUNITY in South Africa.
Problems with a lack of free speech can be caused both by government's active suppression thereof and by government's failure to protect those who voice it.

South Africa is following in the steps of other African nations no longer ruled by whites: they are turning into shitholes.

South Africa is following in the steps of other African nations no longer ruled by whites: they are turning into shitholes.

Africa peaked around 1960 when white control peaked . Then africans demanded they be given control of a civilization they did NOT build and the continent has been going down the tubes ever since.

Same thing in america. Blacks take over city like detroit or baltimore and everything collapses.

But what that woman did compares in no way to the analogy you put forth for the express purpose of distorting the facts. What she did is respond with appropriate anger to the actions of a pair of low-lifes who deserve a great deal more than being called n!ggers -- which, whatever one chooses that amorphous word to mean, is what they are, and more.

Well, just because you'd call them "n*ggers" doesn't mean you shouldn't be locked up for it.
"Locked up, " imprisoned for issuing a verbal insult? If that is the kind of society you'd like to live in you must also believe that restoring slavery might be a good idea.

If you understood South Africa a little more you'd realize that not putting her in prison would actually be detrimental to the WHITE COMMUNITY in South Africa.
What I understand about South Africa is that it was a more civilized place during Apartheid, which should be restored. But I would like to know how you've worked out the notion that putting that woman in prison is good for the White population of South Africa.

But what that woman did compares in no way to the analogy you put forth for the express purpose of distorting the facts. What she did is respond with appropriate anger to the actions of a pair of low-lifes who deserve a great deal more than being called n!ggers -- which, whatever one chooses that amorphous word to mean, is what they are, and more.

"Locked up, " imprisoned for issuing a verbal insult? If that is the kind of society you'd like to live in you must also believe that restoring slavery might be a good idea.

What I understand about South Africa is that it was a more civilized place during Apartheid, which should be restored. But I would like to know how you've worked out the notion that putting that woman in prison is good for the White population of South Africa.

Seriously dude. I'm not playing these games.

It wasn't an analogy, you asked for an example. Come back when you decide to be sensible.

It's good because it brings them closer to learning enough to leave that shithole and let the negroes starve.

I agree with those posters who feel that the woman should NOT have used hurtful words to those police officers.

I feel that "freedom of speech" does NOT include using hurtful words. What's the point of hurting other people's feelings?

Of course, I can understand how upset she was about being the victim of a crime.

The amount of crime in South Africa, I hear, is unbelievable.

The Caucasians in South Africa have to accept BRUTAL REALITY: the majority now rules the country.

If the Caucasians feel afraid, then they should leave.

I remember that many Jewish people in 1930s Germany did not believe that Herr Hitler really hated them. So they did not leave while they still could.

Surely, it's time for the Caucasians in South Africa "to wake up and smell the coffee."

Nope; I have NO PROBLEM with the sentence at all as long as it is applied BOTH WAYS!!! That Opposition Leader could be in for a whole lot of hurt if the Law is applied to him.

Greg

That's better than the law being applied just one way but better yet is no such law at all. Insulting someone should not be a crime.

I'm not so sure. If I call someone a wanker then I can't see the issue. Going on with a racially charged rant against cops...or anyone for that matter....not so sure.

Greg

I agree with those posters who feel that the woman should NOT have used hurtful words to those police officers.

I feel that "freedom of speech" does NOT include using hurtful words. What's the point of hurting other people's feelings?

Of course, I can understand how upset she was about being the victim of a crime.

The amount of crime in South Africa, I hear, is unbelievable.

The Caucasians in South Africa have to accept BRUTAL REALITY: the majority now rules the country.

If the Caucasians feel afraid, then they should leave.

I remember that many Jewish people in 1930s Germany did not believe that Herr Hitler really hated them. So they did not leave while they still could.

Surely, it's time for the Caucasians in South Africa "to wake up and smell the coffee."
Why should they leave? Most blacks in Cape Sth Africa are from other parts of Africa. The "whites" are just as much South African as anyone else. If you are saying that racial minorities should be ethnically cleansed then frankly you're total scum.No politic party should be colour conscious when in a democratic system; they are there for ALL the people.

Greg

More incredible black special treatment. This is what liberals want america to be like and if they get our guns, they can do it. The core of liberalism is anti-white racism.

South African woman jailed for racist rant - CNN

march 29 2018 Johannesburg (CNN)A South African woman who hurled racist abuse at a black police officer in a clip that went viral has been sentenced to three years in prison with one year suspended.

Vicki Momberg was found guilty in November on four counts of crimen injuria, or the willful injuring of someone's dignity.
It's the first time a South African has received prison time for the offense.

"We've had crimen injuria (cases before), but they have always been coupled by other charges. This is the first for a prison sentence for crimen injuria on its own," National Prosecuting Authority spokeswoman Phindi Mjonondwane said.
Well, here's what they do in Texas...

We got racist, asshole cops all over the country, from Sacramento to New York, gunning down un-armed people of color and you want to start this shit?

More incredible black special treatment. This is what liberals want america to be like and if they get our guns, they can do it. The core of liberalism is anti-white racism.

march 29 2018 Johannesburg (CNN)A South African woman who hurled racist abuse at a black police officer in a clip that went viral has been sentenced to three years in prison with one year suspended.

Vicki Momberg was found guilty in November on four counts of crimen injuria, or the willful injuring of someone's dignity.

"We've had crimen injuria (cases before), but they have always been coupled by other charges. This is the first for a prison sentence for crimen injuria on its own," National Prosecuting Authority spokeswoman Phindi Mjonondwane said.
Here white cops kill blacks for nothing.

It wasn't an analogy, you asked for an example. Come back when you decide to be sensible.
You're playing a game, alright, but you're not fully aware of it because these deceptive and evasive little games are in your essential nature to play. It comes as naturally to you as does drawing breath.

It's one component part of being "slick" and it's one reason why you slick game-players have been so successful.

HAHAHA. All words can be called hurtful, you fool. Do you object when people criticize Trump because that hurts his feelings???

Here white cops kill blacks for nothing.

Every year american whites give american blacks a TRILLION dollars in the form of welfare and affirmative action jobs. Blacks have no business complaining about anything.

You're playing a game, alright, but you're not fully aware of it because these deceptive and evasive little games are in your essential nature to play. It comes as naturally to you as does drawing breath.

It's one component part of being "slick" and it's one reason why you slick game-players have been so successful.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Well, here's what they do in Texas...

We got racist, asshole cops all over the country, from Sacramento to New York, gunning down un-armed people of color and you want to start this shit?
She just did time for tax fraud and now you feel bad she was punished for illegally voting? What does that have to do with racism?

She just did time for tax fraud and now you feel bad she was punished for illegally voting? What does that have to do with racism?
5 years in prison, because no one at the Dept of Corrections told her she couldn't vote? 5 years for voting!

You're the racist!

5 years in prison, because no one at the Dept of Corrections told her she couldn't vote? 5 years for voting!

You're the racist!

Well, she was told. It said on her form when she was released.

Ignorance of the law is not an excuse.

Forum List

Back