Son of Hamas, " They need to be liberated from their God." Great article in the WSJ

Maple

Mar 15, 2009
I came across this today in the Wall Street Journal- it's fascinating!!

Weekend Interview with Mosab Hassan Yousef: 'They Need to Be Liberated From Their God' - WSJ.com

Nashville, Tenn.

'I absolutely know that in anybody's eyes I was a traitor," says Mosab Hassan Yousef. "To my family, to my nation, to my God. I crossed all the red lines in my society. I didn't leave one that I didn't cross."

Now 32, Mosab is the son of Sheikh Hassan Yousef, a founder and leader of the Palestinian terrorist group Hamas. Throughout the last decade, from the second Intifada to the current stalemate, he worked alongside his father in the West Bank. During that time the younger Mr. Yousef also secretly embraced Christianity. And as he reveals in his book "Son of Hamas," out this week, he became one of the top spies for Israel's internal security arm, the Shin Bet.

The news of this double conversion has sent ripples through the Middle East. One of Mr. Yousef's handlers at the Shin Bet confirmed his account to the Israeli daily Haaretz. Hamas—already reeling from the assassination of a senior military chief in Dubai in January—calls his claims Zionist propaganda. From the Israeli prison he has occupied since 2005, Sheikh Yousef on Monday issued a statement that he and his family "have completely disowned the man who was our oldest son and who is called Mosab."

Last edited:
Fundamentalist Jews, Christians, and Muslims all need to be liberated from their God....or at least their fundamentalist view of their God.

Forum List

Back