Sometimes Death is the Right Solution

DGS49

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2012
Pittsburgh
I just ran into a distant cousin of mine, and she regaled me with the sad story of her mother, now residing in a county nursing home.

This woman was a miserable shrew in the Good Times. She speaks no English (she has only been here for 60 years or so), refuses to walk, or even get her lazy ass out of bed. She harangues the people in the nursing home when they try to get her to sit up, and she throws stuff at people when she is unhappy. Three or four times a day, she calls her daughter (who has a full-time, responsible position), and whines that she wants to be moved to more opulent facility, or better yet into the daughter's home with full time nursing care.

She has few actual medical problems. She is just lazy and miserable.

I'm in my 60's and I have several friends and relatives who are spending half of their lives tending to the neurotic needs of surviving parents. And these people are mostly old enough to retire themselves.

I think the Eskimo's had the right idea. Is there any technologically-current way of putting an Old Bastard out on an ice floe to die?

I just ran into a distant cousin of mine, and she regaled me with the sad story of her mother, now residing in a county nursing home.

This woman was a miserable shrew in the Good Times. She speaks no English (she has only been here for 60 years or so), refuses to walk, or even get her lazy ass out of bed. She harangues the people in the nursing home when they try to get her to sit up, and she throws stuff at people when she is unhappy. Three or four times a day, she calls her daughter (who has a full-time, responsible position), and whines that she wants to be moved to more opulent facility, or better yet into the daughter's home with full time nursing care.

She has few actual medical problems. She is just lazy and miserable.

I'm in my 60's and I have several friends and relatives who are spending half of their lives tending to the neurotic needs of surviving parents. And these people are mostly old enough to retire themselves.

I think the Eskimo's had the right idea. Is there any technologically-current way of putting an Old Bastard out on an ice floe to die?
What will you do if you become lazy and miserable?

Forum List

Back