someone used my credit card.....irony

Talking about gas stations. I make the wife go inside and pay cash for my gas. If it's raining I also make her pump it!!!!

While she's in there, make her buy you a sammich!

That's why you own her!
3237662760_a2b48ec59d.jpg

i have done a couple of threads on id theft etc....well yesterday the phone rings....da man answers it...its my bank....now i only use on credit card...small stuff...mail order stuff...i charge the following on it...gas, mail order supplies for the bees or pets...if i am traveling i alert them to where i will be...if i am making a large purchase i call them and let them know...only takes minutes and makes sure nothing goes wrong...and they dont deny charges somewhere to make me call them...

they ask if i have been charging i tunes....dollar here a few bucks there.....hubby says no...(hell i can steal music, the kidlets showed me how) then they ask about a $1,000.00 charge...that they noticed didnt meet my spending patterns of proverty...da man assures them i aint charging a grand anywhere and that my son would not do it either....so there you have it....someone got my credit card number...as careful as we are with the card...i was lucky my bank caught it...and called....they are sending a fraud statement for me to fill out and sign, they have cancelled my card and are mailing new ones...

damn it sucks to be me, today.

so be warned...i shred...i dont use it a lot....i think when my son used it at a gas station in asheville they got it....according to the people who know...gas stations are the most likely place to steal your credit card number....i am not sure why.

They get the number and your name when they run it. The station gets a receipt, and you get a receipt.

That does suck, bones.

i have done a couple of threads on id theft etc....well yesterday the phone rings....da man answers it...its my bank....now i only use on credit card...small stuff...mail order stuff...i charge the following on it...gas, mail order supplies for the bees or pets...if i am traveling i alert them to where i will be...if i am making a large purchase i call them and let them know...only takes minutes and makes sure nothing goes wrong...and they dont deny charges somewhere to make me call them...

they ask if i have been charging i tunes....dollar here a few bucks there.....hubby says no...(hell i can steal music, the kidlets showed me how) then they ask about a $1,000.00 charge...that they noticed didnt meet my spending patterns of proverty...da man assures them i aint charging a grand anywhere and that my son would not do it either....so there you have it....someone got my credit card number...as careful as we are with the card...i was lucky my bank caught it...and called....they are sending a fraud statement for me to fill out and sign, they have cancelled my card and are mailing new ones...

so be warned...i shred...i dont use it a lot....i think when my son used it at a gas station in asheville they got it....according to the people who know...gas stations are the most likely place to steal your credit card number....i am not sure why.

The last time it happened to me was after using the card at a Home Depot. I think it was either the cashier or someone in their office dealing with receipts. I rotate my cards, this was by chance the only transaction I had on it, so it was easy to track what happened. The bank was right on it which was good.

Credit Card companies cover You well when this shit happens. Debit cards I think are not so good. Used to be responsible for the first $500.00 with debit, I think that still goes.

Try Life-Lock or something like it, for a Year.

Our system is based on trust, like bit or not. Void of integrity, it comes apart at the seams.

Obama is going to steal all our credit card info to pay off the national debt with! :eek:

It is all there in that credit agreement with all that .18 MM pitch writing.

Last edited:

three things.....

Either you logged onto a questionable sight to order stuff.
You are using wifi and someone's monitoring the signal outside of your home.
Do your kids have access to the computer....if so maybe they went to a sight that has put a keystroke logger program on your computer.

Several years ago I ordered a credit card from a major bank. I was on vacation in Montana and the bank called my cell phone. They asked me if I was in Mexico using the card. I told them no, and that I hadn't recieved the cards as of yet. Come to find out the person ran up an $8,000 bill in a jewelery store. Luckily they called and the charges were dropped and new cards were issued.

The gas stations have the pumps out in the open, and they are not that hard to open up. The people stealing the numbers put a sending unit inside the pump housing, and probably have nothing to do with the station itself. They can be halfway down the block, picking up everybodys numbers that use their card at the pump.

Best to use cash at the stations.

and someone explains why it happens....now what is a sending unit?

what about debit cards at gas stations?

Debit cards have numbers too. Cash only please.

Here is a true story.... which accurately demonstrates the kind of person I am....

Not long after I got to the UK, I got a call from my bank here about some 'unusual activity' on my bank account. Long story, short version. Someone stole my debit card details and got about $5k out of my account within 24 hours until the bank noticed. So, I am advised to contact my local police etc and authorize them to speak to my bank. Which I did. Now, I'm friendly with local police so I said I could undertake some of the investigative work for them and give them the info so they could trace it and see where it leads.... eventually, the police trace it to a particular address... they have a likely suspect but tell me they are unlikely to be able to make charges stick because there is more than one person at the address and, technically, it could be any of the three people.... except one has a history of similar offenses. Anyway... the best they can do is arrest and question him. It was coming up to Christmas so.... I asked them if they could arrest him on Christmas Eve and hold him overnight. Yes, they said. So, while he didn't get charged for stealing my money..... I certainly fucked up his Christmas. My Bad. The bank returned the money.

i would suspect its more the gas station that my son used the card to get gas...last week...o it will be interesting to see the name on the card if there is one...its just gonna be a mess...i had to call a vet supply today and give them new numbers...

Forum List

Back