someone used my credit card.....irony

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by strollingbones, Mar 16, 2010.

1. strollingbones

strollingbones Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,971
    i have done a couple of threads on id theft etc....well yesterday the phone rings....da man answers it...its my bank....now i only use on credit card...small stuff...mail order stuff...i charge the following on it...gas, mail order supplies for the bees or pets...if i am traveling i alert them to where i will be...if i am making a large purchase i call them and let them know...only takes minutes and makes sure nothing goes wrong...and they dont deny charges somewhere to make me call them...

they ask if i have been charging i tunes....dollar here a few bucks there.....hubby says no...(hell i can steal music, the kidlets showed me how) then they ask about a $1,000.00 charge...that they noticed didnt meet my spending patterns of proverty...da man assures them i aint charging a grand anywhere and that my son would not do it either....so there you have it....someone got my credit card number...as careful as we are with the card...i was lucky my bank caught it...and called....they are sending a fraud statement for me to fill out and sign, they have cancelled my card and are mailing new ones...

damn it sucks to be me, today.

so be warned...i shred...i dont use it a lot....i think when my son used it at a gas station in asheville they got it....according to the people who know...gas stations are the most likely place to steal your credit card number....i am not sure why.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  2. xotoxi

xotoxi Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,492
    That is ironic.

You're sort of like one of those conservative Republicans who publically speaks out about the immorality if homosexuality and gays, but then is caught in a rest stop bathroom with a dick in their mouth.

Except, you don't have a bellyful of cum.

3. Big Black Dog

Big Black Dog Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,720
    Bummer bones. Find out who did it and I'll bring the boys over and we'll shave his head and drum him out of the union. That's after we kick his ass of course.

4. Old Rocks

Old Rocks Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,318
    The gas stations have the pumps out in the open, and they are not that hard to open up. The people stealing the numbers put a sending unit inside the pump housing, and probably have nothing to do with the station itself. They can be halfway down the block, picking up everybodys numbers that use their card at the pump.

Best to use cash at the stations.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. strollingbones

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,971
    damn xox can we not go a day without your dick sucking fantasy???? just 24 hours....

count, the only worse thing than a stranger taking it....is if its this chick my son went out with who is stalking him. before he booted her..she went thru his mail and such...men are so stupid....so very very trusting of the pussy....except for xox...

now dear do tell..when did you start sucking dick? i took you for hetro....

6. strollingbones

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,971
    and someone explains why it happens....now what is a sending unit?

what about debit cards at gas stations?

7. Big Black Dog

Big Black Dog Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,720
    Talking about gas stations. I make the wife go inside and pay cash for my gas. If it's raining I also make her pump it!!!!

8. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +350
    Got our credit card number stolen when using the card for coffee n snacks and a convenience store, with-in one hour it was used for $125 for cigarettes and other items at a gas station in North Jersey, then one half hour later used in Philadelphia at another convenience store 90 miles away, but the bank saw the anomaly, and stopped the payment and notified us. Plus they refunded the original loss.

How'd they get it? who knows, a remote reader if the system was wireless or right at the register point of sale, have no clue.

9. strollingbones

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,971
    i am amazed and thankful for how fast the bank caught it....i guess the computers kicked it out to the fraud people...and they called....most likely an audio store or clothing store....da man didnt ask...i think he was in shock at this point...he doesnt moniter my spending but he sure would have wanted a reason for a grand on a credit card.

10. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    Just tell him it's witch stuff

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1