Someone is alive today because I don't want to go to prison

Is someone alive today simply because you didn't want to do hard time?

• Yes

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 40.0%

• Total voters
No.....I hate what some people have done to me.....and how some people are......but I couldn't kill any of them~

In truth; she's not alive today. But there was a time when I realized suicide wasn't my only way out of hell, and that's when we were done.

There is a half brother of mine out there, floating somewhere in Colorado, because he is wanted in the state of Tennessee.
I used to feel as tho I had to love him, because he is a product of my Mother.
But....I gave up that thinking....he is a fucking prick...and if he was to die tomorrow......I can honestly say...I would not attend his funeral.

There is a half brother of mine out there, floating somewhere in Colorado, because he is wanted in the state of Tennessee.
I used to feel as tho I had to love him, because he is a product of my Mother.
But....I gave up that thinking....he is a fucking prick...and if he was to die tomorrow......I can honestly say...I would not attend his funeral.

I hear that.

truedat.jpg

Ironically (not really given my counties reputation) people are dead because I did go to prison..

In a bizarre twist of fate or Karma - the dude who could have cleared me ended up taking his cousin hostage, raping her and going on a several state crime spree - now he is serving life in prison for what he did, he also killed his cousin....

In a weird twist of fate, I ended up getting a BA in liberal arts and this idiot is now serving life in prison.....

Honestly I wouldn't have it any other way....

My few months behind bars 12 years ago opened my eyes - it didn't only change my political philosophy or inspire me to not be those people I was locked up with but that experience is pretty much responsible for the man I am today....

Capital punishment wasn't mentioned in the OP, prison was. Dumbass.

I've never thought about killing anyone, though I did once envision throwing a coffee cup at my ex-husband's head while he was ranting on and on about my inadequacies back in 1996. I could literally see the heavy ceramic mug spiraling through the air until it struck him on the temple and laid him out. And then I saw the ER visit and the inevitable questions about how he'd been injured, and the assault charge being filed against me for domestic violence and the inevitable loss of employment with my police agency.

It was the last thing that kept me from throwing, though I will say that visualizing that mug hitting him in the temple was one of the better moments of that year. Sometimes, imagination is better than reality.

Capital punishment wasn't mentioned in the OP, prison was. Dumbass.

I've never thought about killing anyone, though I did once envision throwing a coffee cup at my ex-husband's head while he was ranting on and on about my inadequacies back in 1996. I could literally see the heavy ceramic mug spiraling through the air until it struck him on the temple and laid him out. And then I saw the ER visit and the inevitable questions about how he'd been injured, and the assault charge being filed against me for domestic violence and the inevitable loss of employment with my police agency.

It was the last thing that kept me from throwing, though I will say that visualizing that mug hitting him in the temple was one of the better moments of that year. Sometimes, imagination is better than reality.

Ahhh.....I can relate.,..only I went a tad further....I did go after my husband with a baseball bat. We were not divorced yet.......and when I couldn't get at him....I took it out on his car...headlights went out, windows became cracked and a few dents here and there.
I'm sure if I had connected with him....I would have hurt him...so I'm glad I didn't~

My rage came after the fact, and if I saw my ex now, I wouldn't acknowledge his existence. You know those conversations you have in your head where you call them on their shit? I can't even. That isn't the man I used to know, and I don't want to know the one he became.

Of course, this is a good time for Gotye. :)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UVNT4wvIGY]Gotye - Somebody That I Used To Know (feat. Kimbra) - official video - YouTube[/ame]

My rage came after the fact, and if I saw my ex now, I wouldn't acknowledge his existence. You know those conversations you have in your head where you call them on their shit? I can't even. That isn't the man I used to know, and I don't want to know the one he became.

I wish I didn't ever have to deal with him, but we have shared custody of my son (my daughter is 18 and won't speak to him).

These days, I don't make any special efforts to help him out or get along. I do the bare minimum required by law, and we do not speak aside from terse e-mails about things with my son.

I would never risk my life to kill him, though if he were struck by a bus and killed, I would not mourn for a second.

Weird thing about me and my ex....we are real good friends now.

Took a few years...but we have children...and grandchildren together.....so we are good parents and grandparents.
We couldn't be married...or live together...or be anywhere near intimate.....but...we are civil, polite, to one another. Better than we have ever been.

I forgave him......I haven't a clue if he forgave me...,.but I don't care. Hell, he still has me listed on his life insurance.

I'm over the shit he did to me. I'm probably never going to get over the shit he's done to my daughter since the divorce, though.

Forum List

Back