someone has to be wrong

You don't have to be Bahai. You just have to know the message of at least one religion.

Which apparently is submit to powerful people, treat others kindly, and be content with your life. Correct?

I think all of them say that.
Possibly. Christianity, for example, may say that, but is that the message of Christianity?

I think that is the message Christ is communicating in Matthew 22:34-40
Love God and love your neighbor. Sounds like advice from a self-help guru.

Is that what the founder of Bahai was?

The founder of Ba'hai was a 19th Century Muslim. I am not sure he would have used the term guru. Maybe the great Imam or something?
At any rate, that passage you quoted by itself is a soundbite. That passage and its literary and cultural context send a message unlike any other message in the world.

And I mean that earnestly. And it is not a message of good v evil or of dying to escape the earth and go to heaven.

If everyone was of the SAME religion and believed in the SAME GOD, religion as a whole might work better.

Extremely unlikely.
Extremely unlikely.

the final judgement will be when all remaining are the same persuasion. correctly, were there a final judgement.

And if everyone were a democrat there would be no more arguments on policy. Where you have one person, you have agreement - maybe. Where you have two people, you have an argument.
And if everyone were a democrat there would be no more arguments on policy. Where you have one person, you have agreement - maybe. Where you have two people, you have an argument.

for the faithful, the final judgement will be for all humanity as proclaimed there will not be dissension among those remaining all will have triumphed in unison as the reason for their judgement for either their admission to the Everlasting or their extinction.

Maybe there is a god for brown people, one for yellows, one for sand monkeys... and so on. And they're playing a game of Risk.

only one religion can be right, correct? ..that means the others are wrong--correct?

Multiple religions can be right. Multiple religions can be wrong.

This is not rocket science.
you're a GENIUS
actually I believe religion is all man made--so it's all bullshit
and your response shows it
upload_2019-9-7_14-21-34.jpeg

Who in their right mind would accept the OPs posit?
who in their right mind would believe in a sky fairy ?
Babylonians have a sky god.

only one religion can be right, correct? ..that means the others are wrong--correct?
People throughout history have been scattered. When they were scattered or displaced they took their beliefs with them. From that point various precepts altered their communal beliefs in the spiritual world. Some of those beliefs were wrong and some were correct.
some say jesus is god/the son of god/etc--others say that is bullshit
someone is wrong
I agree some are in error and there are various reasons for that.

Jesus also told the people 'ye are gods' because they have a spirit of life within them that can create, birth or give life to other spiritual beings. Both good and bad ones.

Per who Jesus is the Bible tells us he came as the son of Man in human form. The son of Man is described as the first Man. The Man is created in the image of God as described in Genesis are both male and female; who is told to be fruitful and multiply.

There ancient writings all over the world about spiritual encounters people have had. Even today governments try to figure out or devise a way to control the spiritual realm. They just can't get it quite right.
..so--what you really are saying, no one knows anything....the bible can be interpreted a million ways = no one knows anything--it's all man made--interpreted by humans and WRITTEN by humans.....?

..I believe it's all man made up = bullshit and ''real'' in their minds only
so they are all ''right'' because they made it up--but wrong because it's all lies

If everyone was of the SAME religion and believed in the SAME GOD, religion as a whole might work better.

Extremely unlikely.
Extremely unlikely.

the final judgement will be when all remaining are the same persuasion. correctly, were there a final judgement.

for the faithful, the final judgement will be for all humanity as proclaimed there will not be dissension among those remaining all will have triumphed in unison as the reason for their judgement for either their admission to the Everlasting or their extinction.

It has always struck me that the typical definition of "the faithful" is "people who agree with me." Of course, it finally comes down to the reality that the only person who fully agrees with you is you.

Who in their right mind would accept the OPs posit?

People throughout history have been scattered. When they were scattered or displaced they took their beliefs with them. From that point various precepts altered their communal beliefs in the spiritual world. Some of those beliefs were wrong and some were correct.
someone is wrong

Jesus also told the people 'ye are gods' because they have a spirit of life within them that can create, birth or give life to other spiritual beings. Both good and bad ones.

Per who Jesus is the Bible tells us he came as the son of Man in human form. The son of Man is described as the first Man. The Man is created in the image of God as described in Genesis are both male and female; who is told to be fruitful and multiply.

There ancient writings all over the world about spiritual encounters people have had. Even today governments try to figure out or devise a way to control the spiritual realm. They just can't get it quite right.
..so--what you really are saying, no one knows anything....the bible can be interpreted a million ways = no one knows anything--it's all man made--interpreted by humans and WRITTEN by humans.....?
No that is not at all what I am saying. The Bible is a guide written by divine inspiration. Not everyone gets it at the same time. Within the Bible are pieces and portions that tug at peoples hearts and minds to help lead them and guide them. Most holy scriptures written throughout the world have been written in such a manner. People were inspired by the Holy Spirit. Some through actual events as the hosts of heaven and earth were planted here and some through visions and dreams. The book of Enoch for example describes what was seen in visions. Portions of the Bible were taken from the various books including the book of Enoch.

The problem is that many cannot conceive is what or how the spirit works. By thinking merely as an earthly being perceptions can only be of what is earthly not of what is spiritual. Furthermore by not delving into the original languages and not understanding how the spirit works people can too easily spread errors. Even so a person has to have faith to begin with to start on that journey to seek it all out. Then it takes a lot of patience because as mortals we do not plan in the sense of eternity.

someone is wrong

No that is not at all what I am saying. The Bible is a guide written by divine inspiration. Not everyone gets it at the same time. Within the Bible are pieces and portions that tug at peoples hearts and minds to help lead them and guide them. Most holy scriptures written throughout the world have been written in such a manner. People were inspired by the Holy Spirit. Some through actual events as the hosts of heaven and earth were planted here and some through visions and dreams. The book of Enoch for example describes what was seen in visions. Portions of the Bible were taken from the various books including the book of Enoch.

The problem is that many cannot conceive what or how the spirit works. By thinking merely as an earthly being perceptions can only be of what is earthly not of what is spiritual. Furthermore by not delving into the original languages and not understanding how the spirit works people can too easily spread errors. Even so a person has to have faith to begin with to start on that journey to seek it all out. Then it takes a lot of patience because as mortals we do not plan in the sense of eternity.
Not everyone gets it at the same time
YES--because it is man made = made up by humans
this also proves my point---'''''most''''' [ all ] religions are wrong---

also:
''''[The problem is that many cannot conceive what or how the spirit works. By thinking merely as an earthly being perceptions can only be of what is earthly not of what is spiritual.'''''
= exactly = this is also a huge point! = we don't know ANYTHING--ANYTHING about a ''spiritual''/super natural/omnipotent/etc ''''''god''' = ALL are wrong
-----not '''many'' as you say--but ALL humans cannot conceive/etc

someone is wrong

The problem is that many cannot conceive what or how the spirit works. By thinking merely as an earthly being perceptions can only be of what is earthly not of what is spiritual. Furthermore by not delving into the original languages and not understanding how the spirit works people can too easily spread errors. Even so a person has to have faith to begin with to start on that journey to seek it all out. Then it takes a lot of patience because as mortals we do not plan in the sense of eternity.

also:
''''[The problem is that many cannot conceive what or how the spirit works. By thinking merely as an earthly being perceptions can only be of what is earthly not of what is spiritual.'''''
= exactly = this is also a huge point! = we don't know ANYTHING--ANYTHING about a ''spiritual''/super natural/omnipotent/etc ''''''god''' = ALL are wrong
It is your prerogative to think that. As it is mine to believe in what I have seen, experienced and so forth.

someone is wrong

also:
It is your prerogative to think that. As it is mine to believe in what I have seen, experienced and so forth.
..do you agree or disagree that all humans cannot even begin to understand how ''the spirit works''' /what ''god'' is/heaven/hell/life's meaning/etc???

also:
..do you agree or disagree that all humans cannot even begin to understand how ''the spirit works''' /what ''god'' is/heaven/hell/life's meaning/etc???
I disagree. Many have seen and experienced hell, heaven, events, etc in the spirit for themselves and many have not.

also:
I disagree. Many have seen and experienced hell, heaven, events, etc in the spirit for themselves and many have not.
but the big problem is you have no proof of that...it's just your opinion
there isn't even proof of a spiritual world/etc

Many have seen and experienced hell, heaven, events, etc in the spirit for themselves and many have not.
Of course, simpler explanations for all of those experiences can be found among the following:

Delusion
False memory
Hallucination
Confabulation
Psychosis
Hypoxia
Lying
Mass hysteria
Optical illusion
Aural illusion
Voices in head
Mental illness
God of the gaps

But hey, let's jump right to a menagerie of magical fairies and sky daddies to explain it...

When we were utterly ignorant of the world around us and of our own brains, we had a good excuse for this error. We no longer have this excuse.

also:
It is not a big problem for me. People can either believe what I share of what I have witnessed or they can disbelieve or deny it.

In 1998 we were on the little island of Chokoloskee for the winter. I did not know it but our telephone line was damaged and so no one could get through to us. I awoke from a dream hearing my son yelling for me as if he was panicked. So I got up and went to call him and that is when I learned the phone wasn't working. We checked the outside line and discovered it had became damaged. I called son as soon as it was repaired. He was panicked for a whole week because he could not reach us on the phone and was worried something bad may have happened to us down in Florida. These are the type of spiritual connections that are provided to us through the spirit of love aka God.

also:
It is not a big problem for me. People can either believe what I share of what I have witnessed or they can disbelieve or deny it.

In 1998 we were on the little island of Chokoloskee for the winter. I did not know it but our telephone line was damaged and so no one could get through to us. I awoke from a dream hearing my son yelling for me as if he was panicked. So I got up and went to call him and that is when I learned the phone wasn't working. We checked the outside line and discovered it had became damaged. I called son as soon as it was repaired. He was panicked for a whole week because he could not reach us on the phone and was worried something bad may have happened to us down in Florida. These are the type of spiritual connections that are provided to us through the spirit of love aka God.
that's not proof at all....
not a big problem for you?? so no proof is not a problem?

I have proof enough for me and those who accept what I testify to. You are the one who is lacking.

I have proof enough for me and those who accept what I testify to. You are the one who is lacking.
no--you do not have proof at all--plain and simple = not true--not real
let's be real here--there are no spirits/etc as you claim

Forum List

Back