Somehow, We Never Learn

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
Orwell warned us of what we are going though, the dangers of totalitarianism, yet, Democrats still manage to get elected.

1591625261146.png

On this date, June 8th of 1949: British author George Orwell published his dystopian classic Nineteen Eighty-four, a warning against totalitarianism that introduced such concepts as Big Brother and the Thought Police.
Britannica.com

Even in his book written for the simplest among us, Animal Farm, it was right there in black and white.....the danger of anointing one group as 'more equal.'

Even if Orwell had used the specific language for the lies, "systemic racism," and "white privilege," the simpletons would still go along with it.

Last edited:
I say this all the time when Orwell comes up.

The opponents of collectivism took his work seriously, we saw the warning and rejected marxist dogma.

Those who continued to promote marxist dogma used his works as instructions.

The opponents of collectivism took his work seriously, we saw the warning and rejected marxist dogma.

Well then, Petey.......there aren't enough of us opponents of collectivism.....Democrats still get elected.

These 'riots' are part of a much larger, slow-motion revolution by the international Left and their local subsidiary, the Democrat Party.

Back to Orwell:

"Power is not a means, it is an end. One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution; one makes the revolution in order to establish the dictatorship. The object of persecution is persecution. The object of torture is torture. The object of power is power. Now do you begin to understand me?'” George Orwell, 1984

One of the central themes of 1984 involved the denaturing of language to render it unable to address reality. In a world where political correctness demands we all indulge in pablum rather than honesty we are well on our way.

One of the central themes of 1984 involved the denaturing of language to render it unable to address reality. In a world where political correctness demands we all indulge in pablum rather than honesty we are well on our way.

Now, Doggy......
I'm exceptionally careful with the language I use.
I post truth with the diligence of a UN translator.

"If you aren’t alarmed by what’s happening to the country, you haven’t been paying attention.

I don’t simply mean the sickening violence. I mean the campaign to excuse it and normalize it by the media establishment and the intellectual elite.

It’s not rioting; it’s an “uprising.”

Destruction of property is not violence.

The burning down of police precincts is justified.

Looting is a complex, difficult-to-understand phenomenon.

Peaceful protest is overrated.

And on and on.

Let me just say this: To hell with every single one of these bastards who are creating a moral permission slip for anarchists and other criminals and thugs to destroy our country as we know it.

None of them, by the way, want their houses or buildings ransacked. None of them want to be attacked with two-by-fours."

Orwell warned us of what we are going though, the dangers of totalitarianism, yet, Democrats still manage to get elected.

View attachment 347469

On this date, June 8th of 1949: British author George Orwell published his dystopian classic Nineteen Eighty-four, a warning against totalitarianism that introduced such concepts as Big Brother and the Thought Police.
Britannica.com

Even in his book written for the simplest among us, Animal Farm, it was right there in black and white.....the danger of anointing one group as 'more equal.'

Even if Orwell had used the specific language for the lies, "systemic racism," and "white privilege," the simpletons would still go along with it.
If we correctly identify the white liberals as the perpetrators and then relentlessly pursue them this is easily winnable, any other tract/method and you/we lose.

View attachment 347469

Britannica.com

If we correctly identify the white liberals as the perpetrators and then relentlessly pursue them this is easily winnable, any other tract/method and you/we lose.

Unfortunately we've provided the very mechanism of liberty, the Constitution, that they will use to destroy us.

Saul Alinsky was mentor to folks like Hillary Clinton, and Hussein Obama, and their movement was prescient enough to gain control of the schools and the media......

....and now I see no way to prevent their victory, and still maintain a free country.

Unfortunately we've provided the very mechanism of liberty, the Constitution, that they will use to destroy us.

Saul Alinsky was mentor to folks like Hillary Clinton, and Hussein Obama, and their movement was prescient enough to gain control of the schools and the media......

....and now I see no way to prevent their victory, and still maintain a free country.
Civil war would reset the clock but in this case isolating white liberals from the minorities they view and count on to do all the fighting and dying for them will win this thing...without the ability to insert people of color between them [white liberals] and us, they do not even exist...we must stop allowing them to dictate who our disagreement is really with and take them on head on....I'm telling you, this will work.

Civil war would reset the clock but in this case isolating white liberals from the minorities they view and count on to do all the fighting and dying for them will win this thing...without the ability to insert people of color between them [white liberals] and us, they do not even exist...we must stop allowing them to dictate who our disagreement is really with and take them on head on....I'm telling you, this will work.

I just do not want to think in terms of 'civil war.'
The last one took the lives of over 2% of our nation.
That would approach 8 million with today's population, and today's weapons are far more powerful.

And....it may not even be the solution to the problem.
I'm thinking that civilizations may simply have a 'sell-by' date....and we've reached ours.

It was great while it lasted.

Here's the thing: the Leftists, the totalitarians are not rational, they are like the scorpion in the fable:

A scorpion, which cannot swim, asks a frog to carry it across a river on the frog's back. The frog hesitates, afraid of being stung by the scorpion, but the scorpion argues that if it did that, they would both drown. The frog considers this argument sensible and agrees to transport the scorpion. Midway across the river, the scorpion stings the frog anyway, dooming them both. The dying frog asks the scorpion why it stung the frog despite knowing the consequence, to which the scorpion replies: "I couldn't help it. It's in my nature."

Last edited:

That would approach 8 million with today's population, and today's weapons are far more powerful.

I'm thinking that civilizations may simply have a 'sell-by' date....and we've reached ours.

Here's the thing: the Leftists, the totalitarians are not ration, they are like the scorpion in the fable:

A scorpion, which cannot swim, asks a frog to carry it across a river on the frog's back. The frog hesitates, afraid of being stung by the scorpion, but the scorpion argues that if it did that, they would both drown. The frog considers this argument sensible and agrees to transport the scorpion. Midway across the river, the scorpion stings the frog anyway, dooming them both. The dying frog asks the scorpion why it stung the frog despite knowing the consequence, to which the scorpion replies: "I couldn't help it. It's in my nature."
...I wasn't advocating civil war, just mentioning what others may be thinking and offered a what I feel is a much better option...but good post, great story, thank you

Here's the thing: the Leftists, the totalitarians are not ration, they are like the scorpion in the fable:

BTW, I agree that we may have reached the expiration date.

We're basking in the afterglow of a once great nation.

Who knows....we many have a few decades, or a few generations....

I don't anticipate Leftists/Democrats having an epiphany.

View attachment 347469

Britannica.com

"white" liberals

We're basking in the afterglow of a once great nation.

Who knows....we many have a few decades, or a few generations....

I don't anticipate Leftists/Democrats having an epiphany.

1989 was when it ended. These things fall in slow motion.

Well then, Petey.......there aren't enough of us opponents of collectivism.....Democrats still get elected.

Democracy as an end rather than a means. This kind of democracy always ends in tyranny.

"If you aren’t alarmed by what’s happening to the country, you haven’t been paying attention.

I don’t simply mean the sickening violence. I mean the campaign to excuse it and normalize it by the media establishment and the intellectual elite.

It’s not rioting; it’s an “uprising.”

Destruction of property is not violence.

The burning down of police precincts is justified.

Looting is a complex, difficult-to-understand phenomenon.

Peaceful protest is overrated.

And on and on.

Let me just say this: To hell with every single one of these bastards who are creating a moral permission slip for anarchists and other criminals and thugs to destroy our country as we know it.

None of them, by the way, want their houses or buildings ransacked. None of them want to be attacked with two-by-fours."

I changed the locks to my front gate and have not been out of my house for four weeks

View attachment 347469

Britannica.com

You cannot debate with people who are fundamentally dishonest. You cannot compromise with people who are not dealing in good faith.You cant engage in a war of words where words mean nothing. And you cant use the Constitution to appeal to people who have no respect for the rule of law.

The great enemy of clear language is insincerity. When there is a gap between one's real and one's declared aims, one turns as it were instinctively to long words and exhausted idioms, like a cuttlefish spurting out ink.
Orwell

Forum List

Back