Some want to privative Social Security

watchingfromafar

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2017
Privatize Social Security

The Social Security program provides workers and their families with retirement, disability, and survivors insurance benefits. Workers earn these benefits by paying into the system during their working years. Over the program’s 83-year history, it has collected roughly $20.9 trillion and paid out $18.0 trillion, leaving asset reserves of $2.9 trillion at the end of 2017 in its two trust funds.

With assets of $2.9 trillion, who wouldn’t want to be the owner--?

I am sure Trump's minions would like a slice of the pie !!

The Social Security program provides workers and their families with retirement, disability, and survivors insurance benefits. Workers earn these benefits by paying into the system during their working years. Over the program’s 83-year history, it has collected roughly $20.9 trillion and paid out $18.0 trillion, leaving asset reserves of $2.9 trillion at the end of 2017 in its two trust funds.

Your absolutely correct, some of us "minions" would like a slice of that pie. And strangely enough, a number of us "minions" will get a slice of that pie since we've been working for years and pay into that pie.

Actually Trump nor anybody else can get there money on those funds in the trust because it isn’t there. The money has all been borrowed and spent by the federal government. I really thought everybody knew that. Better do some more research sport.

U.S. National Debt Clock : Real Time
You do realize that there is "NO" trust fund in the government? Never mind, you are a dimwitted liberal, who has no clue how this country works.. That at the end of each year, the government either has a surplus(and can cut taxes) or a deficit, because they over spent their income. So all that money goes in, all of it goes out, and sometimes more than should be.

Taxes coming in...…………………..

Corporate-Tax-Chart.png

Taxes going out...……………………

289542-jschoen57135fcc-03a7-e4b3-f988-fc39db2b8ce9.nbcnews-ux-2880-1000.jpg

What I would like to know, is why is it, you always here that Social Security is going bankrupt, but you never hear that "Welfare" is going bankrupt?

The abuse of the program by former administration officials or politicians is criminal.

People should go to jail.

Your absolutely correct

The topic is Privatizing Social Security.
If I could of had the $120,000 I have put in Social Security over my lifetime and invested it into Chipotle and Boeing, I would be a billionaire today. Instead I get a measly $785 a month for the rest of my life..

Dont worry though, because I have other investments bringing in over $400,000 a year in dividends and I invest my $785 a month into more stocks...

The abuse of the program by former administration officials or politicians is criminal.

People should go to jail.
We cant even get a bitch who left 4 US citizens to die in Benghazi and sold uranium to the Russians in jail. There is a two tier justice system and the libtards allow it to happen...

Privatize it???...Hell..then all of the CROOKS that have been stealing it blind for at least 80 of those years would be off the hook...keep it as-is...make the SJW's that started the damn thing FIX IT!!!

That was my biggest problem with Obummer care...they have all of these other un-funded liabilities..and can't fix a damn one of 'em...

Your absolutely correct

If I could of had the $120,000 I have put in Social Security over my lifetime and invested it into Chipotle and Boeing, I would be a billionaire today. Instead I get a measly $785 a month for the rest of my life..

Dont worry though, because I have other investments bringing in over $400,000 a year in dividends and I invest my $785 a month into more stocks...

Ain't that the truth. Unfortunately I'm guessing none of us would have saved a penny of that $120,000.

Do you all realize that Obama and Geithner told you the money was gone. It was borrowed and spent, so if the government ever decides not to extend the debt limit, well those social security checks don’t go out.

Yeah, let’s let the government handle our retirement. They won’t spend the money...said the idiot.

What Happened to the $2.6 Trillion Social Security Trust Fund?
And Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner echoed the president on CBS’s Face the Nation Sunday implying that if a budget deal isn’t reached by August 2, seniors might not get their Social Security checks.

When wages don't provide enuff to save it's pretty hard. Most only make enough to barely hang on. Hard to save.

Your absolutely correct

Ain't that the truth. Unfortunately I'm guessing none of us would have saved a penny of that $120,000.

Speak for yourself. My retirement plan disregards anything I will get from SS.

Something needs to be done to save social security. You young uns are going to have a real hard time getting any of the money you pay in.

"As a result of changes to Social Security enacted in 1983, benefits are now expected to be payable in full on a timely basis until 2037, when the trust fund reserves are projected to become exhausted.1 At the point where the reserves are used up, continuing taxes are expected to be enough to pay 76 percent of scheduled benefits. Thus, the Congress will need to make changes to the scheduled benefits and revenue sources for the program in the future. The Social Security Board of Trustees project that changes equivalent to an immediate reduction in benefits of about 13 percent, or an immediate increase in the combined payroll tax rate from 12.4 percent to 14.4 percent, or some combination of these changes, would be sufficient to allow full payment of the scheduled benefits for the next 75 years.

Since the inception of the Social Security program in 1935, scheduled benefits have always been paid on a timely basis through a series of modifications in the law that will continue. Social Security provides a basic level of monthly income to workers and their families after the workers have reached old age, become disabled, or died. The program now provides benefits to over 50 million people and is financed with the payroll taxes from over 150 million workers and their employers. Further modifications of the program are a certainty as the Congress continues to evolve and shape this program, reflecting the desires of each new generation.

This article describes the financial status of the Social Security program, including an analysis of the concepts of solvency and sustainability and the relationship of Social Security to the overall federal unified budget. The future is uncertain in many respects, and based on new information, projections of the financial status of the Social Security program vary somewhat over time. What is virtually certain is that the benefits that almost all Americans become entitled to and most depend on will be continued into the future with modifications deemed appropriate by their elected representatives in the Congress."

The Future Financial Status of the Social Security Program

When wages don't provide enuff to save it's pretty hard. Most only make enough to barely hang on. Hard to save.

Yup, it gets difficult, especially after the iPhone, Starbucks, new car, cool shoes and then, what the heck, you have to buy groceries too?

Yeah...GREAT IDEA...letting a governent that can't balance a budget...that has MASSIVE debt...wastes money by the boatload...let's put THEM in charge of OUR retirement...

Where do I sign up???

NOT!!!!

Your absolutely correct

Speak for yourself. My retirement plan disregards anything I will get from SS.

Good for you...SS is scheduled to run out in 2034(?)

Forum List

Back