Some Simple FACTS About Disarming Americans

And they're meaningless anywhere if you can drive to your local Black Market and buy a gun there. Further, how would America's laws with respect to this impact Indian reservations, where one might be able to purchase such an item? All I can say is, since you're in Chicago, just look at the history of prohibition and you might get some idea as to how prohibiting certain types of guns, or all guns, is going to work out for you. Prohibition of alcohol didn't work. Prohibition of guns CERTAINLY isn't going to work. I watched a movie the other day based on a true story about prohibition called Lawless, about the Bondurant boys. It was truly an interesting movie considering what is going on at the moment.

Okay, that was a movie, and the police in that case were more corrupt than the crooks.

If we ever have a gun ban, the police will enforce it vigorously for one good reason. They don't want to be on the business end of one of those guns. They don't want their friends and family to be, either.

And they're meaningless anywhere if you can drive to your local Black Market and buy a gun there. Further, how would America's laws with respect to this impact Indian reservations, where one might be able to purchase such an item? All I can say is, since you're in Chicago, just look at the history of prohibition and you might get some idea as to how prohibiting certain types of guns, or all guns, is going to work out for you. Prohibition of alcohol didn't work. Prohibition of guns CERTAINLY isn't going to work. I watched a movie the other day based on a true story about prohibition called Lawless, about the Bondurant boys. It was truly an interesting movie considering what is going on at the moment.

Okay, that was a movie, and the police in that case were more corrupt than the crooks.

It was a movie based on a true story. And, you don't think there's going to be corrupt cops should such ban ever come to fruition? Yeah...right, what kind of fantasy world is it you're living in?

If we ever have a gun ban, the police will enforce it vigorously for one good reason. They don't want to be on the business end of one of those guns. They don't want their friends and family to be, either.

LOL! You're quite naive...aren't you?

[
A person who grew up as a child in the home of a democrat union member would have those values he was taught as a child.

Not really.

My dad was a Nixon Republican. Thought Nixon was the greatest thing ever.

Fact is, McVeigh fell in with the crazy people, and became one of these whacky government haters....

He's totally one of yours...

Fuck you, McVeigh was a racist fascist just like the Democratic Party leadership.

If we ever have a gun ban, the police will enforce it vigorously for one good reason.

LOL, yeah like that enforce the laws against pot or illegal immigration or ban the local doughnut shop.

Get fucking real.

They don't want to be on the business end of one of those guns. They don't want their friends and family to be, either.

Then they wont enforce this stupid ass law, just like they havent in Kaliphornica.

Yeah.....Im sure nobody buys assault rifles to look like Billy bad ass at the range, its all pragmatism based reasoning...uhhh..huh.

Since leaving the Corps I've never been on a rifle range slick, though I shoot at least weekly, and I own an AR-15 along with an AK-47, so you're bs is exposed as just that, uninformed bs.

That's a shame

Be prepared to lose them

Not worried about it slick. No govt official in this nation has the balls to send govt agents door to door to collect the millions of firearms that have been legaly purchased and legally owned and I doubt many govt agents would be willing to take that job anyway. Certainly not after the first wave is met with the fact that many American will not give their weapons up peacefully.

There are 270 million firearms in the hands of about 70 million people. If the government up and made gun ownership against the law, demanding that the people turn in their weapons, a fair percentage of those owners would initially refuse to comply and least 10% of those would not only refuse, but fight. That would be about 7 million armed and fighting citizens. The resulting bloodshed on both sides would make any school shootings that happened, pale in comparison. I'm one of those 10%, should any attempt be made to take the weapons away.
I own several guns, including one that would be considered an assault weapon. I spent a career in the military and am quite proficient with all of them. I have never, repeat, never, had a desire to go out and shoot up schools, restaurants, or any other establishment. I've played countless hours with violent video games.....and still, no desire to shoot up any establishment. I will defend my right to own my firearms. That's why I served in the military (for the right to bear arms and free speech).
It's not the gun. It's the mentality of the person with it and in this last case in Connecticut, the mentality of his enabler. Mrs. Lanza knew her son had mental issues and still didn't have the common sense to keep guns out of the house. In a sense, she's more to blame than her mentally-ill son.

It's a shame really

Given the choice of giving up one gun you are willing to give up the security of your family as well as the life you have built

Shows where your priorities are

Family....guns
Family....guns

Which shall I choose?

I choose GUNS

The fact that you would NOT fight to defend the Constitutional rights of your fellow Americans marks you as a coward and a traitorous scumbag. As for you whining about your family's "security", Ben Franklin said it best; "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety". It's not Family-guns, it's all about oppression-Freedom.

There are 270 million firearms in the hands of about 70 million people. If the government up and made gun ownership against the law, demanding that the people turn in their weapons, a fair percentage of those owners would initially refuse to comply and least 10% of those would not only refuse, but fight. That would be about 7 million armed and fighting citizens. The resulting bloodshed on both sides would make any school shootings that happened, pale in comparison. I'm one of those 10%, should any attempt be made to take the weapons away.
I own several guns, including one that would be considered an assault weapon. I spent a career in the military and am quite proficient with all of them. I have never, repeat, never, had a desire to go out and shoot up schools, restaurants, or any other establishment. I've played countless hours with violent video games.....and still, no desire to shoot up any establishment. I will defend my right to own my firearms. That's why I served in the military (for the right to bear arms and free speech).
It's not the gun. It's the mentality of the person with it and in this last case in Connecticut, the mentality of his enabler. Mrs. Lanza knew her son had mental issues and still didn't have the common sense to keep guns out of the house. In a sense, she's more to blame than her mentally-ill son.

It's a shame really

Given the choice of giving up one gun you are willing to give up the security of your family as well as the life you have built

Family....guns
Family....guns

Which shall I choose?

I choose GUNS
Because of my family and their security I choose guns.

It's a shame really

Family....guns
Family....guns

Which shall I choose?

I choose GUNS

The fact that you would NOT fight to defend the Constitutional rights of your fellow Americans marks you as a coward and a traitorous scumbag. As for you whining about your family's "security", Ben Franklin said it best; "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety". It's not Family-guns, it's all about oppression-Freedom.
He's just stupid to think he';s being protected by the police.

Those willing to trade freedom for security deserve neither.

MOst of the industrialized world restricts gun ownership, and they are just as free as we are.

Maybe more so.

For instance in Japan, where they have 11 gun murders compared to our 9,158, women can walk around big cities at night unaccompanied.

That say more about their culture and their upbringing than it does about gun ownership slick.

MOst of the industrialized world restricts gun ownership, and they are just as free as we are.

Maybe more so.

For instance in Japan, where they have 11 gun murders compared to our 9,158, women can walk around big cities at night unaccompanied.

Japan has some of the highest corruption stats of any nation, and their peole are subservient. I know that doesnt bother you, being subservient, but thank God for most Americans it is a BIG issue. When some criminal approaches a man and demands money in Japan, most Japanese think they are morally bound to give it to him (and I know Democrats love that idea). Japanese women will not scream out or call for help when some asshole is trying to molest them in public, for the most part. They feel too ashamed to.

Yes, you would thrive in that kind of place, JoeBlow, but almost none of the rest of us not in a union want to live there.

As to American crime, remove from those stats the American cities and states with tight gun control laws, and we are safer than any country in Europe.

the only reason we have high crime rates is because of fascists like you and idiots like Starkey.

Pure bullshit.

10 Most Violent States In The U.S.: The Institute For Economics And Peace

Most violent states

1. Louisiana
2. Tennessee
3. Nevada
4. Florida
5. Alabama
6. Texas
7. Arkansas
8. Oklahoma
9. South Carolina
10. Maryland

Now here's the trick son. Trace the violent crime rates in these states back to the jurisdictions that account for those high violent crime rates in those states and I bet you'll find high concentrations of hispanic gang bangers and negroes. See we have a problem with those two groups of people in this nation, not a problem with guns.

First, lets look at the most recent track record, the Afghanistan War.

Afghanistan is a nation of a fairly backward population of 30 million who have only recently begun to modernise at all. The insurgency there consists of about 25,000 Taliban.

The US has put about 100,000 troops there alongside about 450,000 fully trained and equipped Afghan national forces. One soldier for every 60 AFghans, roughly.

So, outnumbering the Taliban nearly 20 to 1 and fighting for nearly twelve long years, we have been bled financially, morally and physically to the point that regardless of the likely collapse of the freindly regime, we are pulling out no matter what by end of next year.

So the taliban will win and any honest analysis would show this.

But here in the US, we have well over 300 million people who are tech savy and who own more than 270 million firearms and the ratio of Americans to US standing forces is like one to a hundred. And Americans have a highly trained cadre of experienced military that many of whom would be very effective at fighting a partisan war against a President that most of them hate and despise.

Anyone who cant see the dangers frought with a civil war in such a context is either ignorant, stupid or a fucking traitor who wants to see our nation destroyed from the ground up.

Heres the thing.........the gun grabbers on here who loath the 2nd Ammendment trust the government implicitly. They believe government is noble at all times...........never stop once to consider the danger of a strong central government. These are the people who read Plato, Hobbes, Moore et. al.......10.......20......30 years ago and became romanticized with their philosophies of one big happy family with a strong central government and perfect levels of equality. Many conservative people on here were, like me, equally affected when reading the social philosophers.........sure sounded pretty profound. The difference is, those with a conservative mind stepped back and said, "Wait.......wtf.........this shit cant work in the real world!!"

Mostly though, there is one common theme in the gun grabber mentality: these are people who are ruled by their emotions. There as a perpetual urge to do the right thing with the cornerstone being good intentions. Results are not important. To them, banning guns is a zero sum game. Considerations for necessary tradeoffs just do not happen with the thinking of these people........as long as it feels right. Always has been fascinating to me...........their way of connecting the dots.:eusa_dance:

Last edited:
I'm not sure what the theory is here. That we should be armed, to prevent this president from doing what? That you think a Civil war will happen?

Dude, I didn't let the prediction of the Mayan apocalypse effect my political decisions, and I'm not about to let any far fetched civil war scenario do so either. The question on guns is, at any foreseeable future, a question of safety, criminals, children.

People thinking they will take up arms against the government (Timothy McVeigh?), well good luck. I wouldn't recommend it.

But here in the US, we have well over 300 million people who are tech savy and who own more than 270 million firearms and the ratio of Americans to US standing forces is like one to a hundred. And Americans have a highly trained cadre of experienced military that many of whom would be very effective at fighting a partisan war against a President that most of them hate and despise.

Anyone who cant see the dangers frought with a civil war in such a context is either ignorant, stupid or a fucking traitor who wants to see our nation destroyed from the ground up.

I'm not sure what the theory is here. That we should be armed, to prevent this president from doing what? That you think a Civil war will happen?

Dude, I didn't let the prediction of the Mayan apocalypse effect my political decisions, and I'm not about to let any far fetched civil war scenario do so either. The question on guns is, at any foreseeable future, a question of safety, criminals, children.

People thinking they will take up arms against the government (Timothy McVeigh?), well good luck. I wouldn't recommend it.

No one is taking up arms to over throw the government. However we have the option defending against a tyrannical government and that is exactly what the second amendment is for.
Question do you think America was equal in fire power against England before the Revolutionary war? England was the super power of the time.

[
A person who grew up as a child in the home of a democrat union member would have those values he was taught as a child.

Not really.

Fact is, McVeigh fell in with the crazy people, and became one of these whacky government haters....

Fuck you, McVeigh was a racist fascist just like the Democratic Party leadership.

McVeigh was a registered Republican.

First, lets look at the most recent track record, the Afghanistan War.

Afghanistan is a nation of a fairly backward population of 30 million who have only recently begun to modernise at all. The insurgency there consists of about 25,000 Taliban.

The US has put about 100,000 troops there alongside about 450,000 fully trained and equipped Afghan national forces. One soldier for every 60 AFghans, roughly.

So, outnumbering the Taliban nearly 20 to 1 and fighting for nearly twelve long years, we have been bled financially, morally and physically to the point that regardless of the likely collapse of the freindly regime, we are pulling out no matter what by end of next year.

So the taliban will win and any honest analysis would show this.

Heres the thing.........the gun grabbers on here who loath the 2nd Ammendment trust the government implicitly. They believe government is noble at all times...........never stop once to consider the danger of a strong central government. These are the people who read Plato, Hobbes, Moore et. al.......10.......20......30 years ago and became romanticized with their philosophies of one big happy family with a strong central government and perfect levels of equality. Many conservative people on here were, like me, equally affected when reading the social philosophers.........sure sounded pretty profound. The difference is, those with a conservative mind stepped back and said, "Wait.......wtf.........this shit cant work in the real world!!"

Mostly though, there is one common theme in the gun grabber mentality: these are people who are ruled by their emotions. There as a perpetual urge to do the right thing with the cornerstone being good intentions. Results are not important. To them, banning guns is a zero sum game. Considerations for necessary tradeoffs just do not happen with the thinking of these people........as long as it feels right. Always has been fascinating to me...........their way of connecting the dots.:eusa_dance:

I think you are absolutely right on this, except it might be considered a bit of a stretch to describe their connecting of the dots as actual thinking of any sort. More like 'tantrum decision making'.

I took the liberty of bolding the core point that you make here that I wish more people would realize. The Western World has been given over to rule by irrational children.

Not really.

McVeigh was a registered Republican.

So what? So was Martin Luther King, Abraham Lincoln and Jackie Robinson.

Further, this long list of prominent Republican blacks makes your one mention of a Nazi racist irrelevant in comparison:

List of African-American Republicans - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It is the Democratic Party that has long held the black man down, not the GOP, and in its current form the so-called Civil Rights establishment is still holding the down the black community by protecting the criminals that so badly run amuk in that community.

The black gangs and drug dealers have killed far more blacks than the KKK ever did and the Democrat Party machines still get a huge amount of support from these criminal syndicates which are strangling the black community from the inside.

Forum List

Back